MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I just noted it said NEW neighbors.

I'm sure they have no clue the type of people living next to them.

Also - can I just say, the fact that fg doesn't even go by her real name on facebook says a lot to me. Facebook is a way to communicate with friends, loved ones, and build new friendships - Yet, here she is using a fake name - to the extent that when Eric was trying to locate her on fb, he could not because of the ridiculous fake name, and the profile pic of course ;)
She uses two different fake names on FB. The other even more ridiculous. She is using it on a fund raiser FB page. Good point that a personal FB is so we can keep in touch with people and we would normally use our real name.

She uses two different fake names on FB. The other even more ridiculous. She is using it on a fund raiser FB page. Good point that a personal FB is so we can keep in touch with people and we would normally use our real name.

IMO its' because she had problems and shady dealings before Eric ever came into the picture.

Has anyone ever attempted to reset HIS personal facebook page password - or his email address. It would be interesting to see what he has inside of his facebook messages, etc.
We have been trying from the beginning to get police (I asked FBI) to get his FB records. So far, that hasn't happened. I tried to send emails to the addresses I had about a week ago, but they wouldn't go through.

And i do not even have a clue what email account he may have used for his main facebook account. He had several and switched up often.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

In European hotels, each person staying in the room is registered and issued with a key. You have to produce ID at the time.

Is it the same in the US? So will the hotel have a record of everyone who had a key to Eric's room when his things were stolen and then later, when the rest of them were removed?
I don't think the motel owner would have given out more than one key for a room. It really is a small motel and he obviously has a close watch on things there. I will try calling him with that question.

Did he actually get to meet his child and spend time with him/her? Is there proof of this? Or did this end badly for him?
The police verified the child telling them she was with Eric when "her nuggets were soggy" so sounds like McD's. She also told of another time. She said he had a temper, which sounds like the April story about FG and Eric having an argument in front of their child. Eric spoke of times with her. Motel housekeeper told of FG picking Eric up on Fridays to take their child skating at Brockway Skating Center.

I apologize for being inactive this week - I have some personal health issues that have made functioning near impossible. But, Im back at it today - even with the rain.

Eric's mom --- anything you or family would like to include in his story would be great - just message me :)

I apologize for being inactive this week - I have some personal health issues that have made functioning near impossible. But, Im back at it today - even with the rain.

Eric's mom --- anything you or family would like to include in his story would be great - just message me :)
Sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better. I will get in touch. Thanks.

Hey i was in a tornado about 3-4 hrs ago i was pretty much in the middle of it. But i am ok!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear it! I was just reading about the recent tornadoes and looking at pictures. Frightening.

Eric's aunt spoke with news media today asking your question. She was told they wanted to do an interview with FG and would see what they could do.
I hadn't mentioned this as I was wanting to verify it and make sure I didn't misunderstand, so today I had it verified and I did not misunderstand. Before the last news story was aired about Eric, FG was called and asked questions. One of the questions was didn't she want to know what happened to Eric and she responded with "I don't care !"

I am really surprised Eric's case hasn't made a bigger impact, media wise. Because it's not 'just' a story of another missing person - it's about being reunited with a daughter he never knew he had, then him suddenly vanishing.....and now there is another, tragic aspect added to it too, if you know what I mean?

I'm pretty amazed it hasn't been picked up - the WHOLE story. I think it will be soon, when the press makes all the connections, myself.

I hadn't mentioned this as I was wanting to verify it and make sure I didn't misunderstand, so today I had it verified and I did not misunderstand. Before the last news story was aired about Eric, FG was called and asked questions. One of the questions was didn't she want to know what happened to Eric and she responded with "I don't care !"

I wonder how she would feel if she had a family member in need and people's only response was, "I don't care"?

I am really surprised Eric's case hasn't made a bigger impact, media wise. Because it's not 'just' a story of another missing person - it's about being reunited with a daughter he never knew he had, then him suddenly vanishing.....and now there is another, tragic aspect added to it too, if you know what I mean?

I'm pretty amazed it hasn't been picked up - the WHOLE story. I think it will be soon, when the press makes all the connections, myself.

This makes me wonder.
How does one go about proposing a story to shows like 48 Hours or Dateline?
There has to be a way to do that.
Maybe we could get a campaign going with this group to send them information and ask that they do a segment?
Off to look into info on this.....

OK Info to contact Dateline (NBC) & 48 hours (CBS) is below.
Those are the big ones that come to mind, anything else anyone could propose?

dateline@nbc.com

Or, to submit a story - http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40220716/ns/news/t/what-should-we-investigate/#.U1_P0Vcl_4Y

Email:48hours@cbsnews.com

Address: 48 Hours
524 West 57th St.
New York, New York 10019

Phone:
(212) 975-3247

Also, webpage to contact 20/20 (ABC)-
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

I should ask if this is alright with Erics Mom & Family.
Also, should we all just "go for it" and propose it in our own wording or should we have some standard form we can all send? (I think individual would be better, if they get a ton of formulated requests they might think it is one or two people spamming.)

What do y'all think?

But remember we can't conduct any campaigns or anything like that in the name of WS, as it goes against TOS.

I'm hoping the Daily Mail picks this story up myself. They are great where there are unexpected 'angles' to explore.

But remember we can't conduct any campaigns or anything like that in the name of WS, as it goes against TOS.

I'm hoping the Daily Mail picks this story up myself. They are great where there are unexpected 'angles' to explore.

Wellll alrighty then....did not know that :blushing:

Should I delete the contact info or is it OK to at least pass that along here?
TIA!

How do we get Nancy Grace to pick up the story? Seems like it would pull at her "heart strings".

OK Info to contact Dateline (NBC) & 48 hours (CBS) is below.
Those are the big ones that come to mind, anything else anyone could propose?

dateline@nbc.com

Or, to submit a story - http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40220716/ns/news/t/what-should-we-investigate/#.U1_P0Vcl_4Y

Email:48hours@cbsnews.com

Address: 48 Hours
524 West 57th St.
New York, New York 10019

Phone:
(212) 975-3247

Also, webpage to contact 20/20 (ABC)-
http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

I should ask if this is alright with Erics Mom & Family.
Also, should we all just "go for it" and propose it in our own wording or should we have some standard form we can all send? (I think individual would be better, if they get a ton of formulated requests they might think it is one or two people spamming.

What do y'all think?
Eric's family says a big thank you for any and all help. We would love for his face and story to be seen nationally. I submitted his story twice to America's Most Wanted after calling a number I was given when a tv show aired. I was told that show was about just children and was put in touch with the one that does adult stories. I talked to Saginaw news today and shared what we know about the new angle to this story and they are doing research. Thanks in advance.

I have been away for a long time - actually moved out of Michigan to Montana. It has taken me several days to catch up, and I am so happy that there is so much activity on this case. I wish I could do more to help Eric's family, please know he is in my thoughts often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303