Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/Hishammudd...72613804354/10152221415429355/?type=3&theater

MAP SHOWING MH370's FLIGHT PATH

The attached map shows MH370’s flight path, based on the best available knowledge of the investigation team. There are a number of possible flight paths to the southern Indian Ocean, and three boxes indicating where MH370 likely ended. These flight paths differ based on different projections of the aircraft’s speed, shown on the map in knots.

MH370 Report reveals 4-hour gap before official search began

(CNN) -- On the fateful night that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared, officials apparently didn't notice for 17 minutes that it had gone off radar -- and didn't activate an official rescue operation for four hours.

more at link....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

These kind of Headlines frustrate me...

NO Malaysia did not notice because they had already handed MH370 off and signed off with the Pilot.

YES they, Vietnam, did notice MH370 was no longer communicating..Vietnam noticed it was no longer on Radar.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Ho Chi Minh City let Kuala Lumpur know at 1:38 a.m. that it was not able to establish verbal contact with Flight 370.

Last communication 1:19am..hand off from Malaysia ATC to Vietnam ATC

MH370 did not report in to Vietnam ATC like they were supposed to..
Vietnam ATC at 1:21am tried to contact MH370

They then asked another Boieng flight to try and contact MH370

At 1:38AM Vietnam notified Malaysia ATC they had lost contact with MH370

These kind of Headlines frustrate me...

NO Malaysia did not notice because they had already handed MH370 off and signed off with the Pilot.

YES they, Vietnam, did notice MH370 was no longer communicating..Vietnam noticed it was no longer on Radar.

Ho Chi Minh City let Kuala Lumpur know at 1:38 a.m. that it was not able to establish verbal contact with Flight 370.

Last communication 1:19am..hand off from Malaysia ATC to Vietnam ATC

MH370 did not report in to Vietnam ATC like they were supposed to..
Vietnam ATC at 1:21am tried to contact MH370

They then asked another Boieng flight to try and contact MH370

At 1:38AM Vietnam notified Malaysia ATC they had lost contact with MH370

I believe what the reporter is saying is what is it that the report does not tell us and then he goes on to explain what is missing from the report. He is saying what was happening in Malaysia after Vietnam notified Malaysia at 1:30AM that they had lost contact with MH370. What were they doing for 4 hours??? They have yet to answer that.

Sorry, but that timeline must be sooooooo frustrating for family members to read. I think I understand now, from Malaysia side, why they were so reluctant to release it. It's basically, every 20 minutes or half hour, checking in with HCM....hey, have ya heard heard anything new yet? Anything? Anything now?

You guys are amazing. As I've said before, all this is way over my head, but I do check in here periodically and so admire yall's commitment!!!

:pullhair:
I don't know about you guys, but I wanted more information. I wish we could hear from Boeing or Rolls Royce. They have information also.

From the beginning , I have been amazed at the medias hang up on the final transmission! It is meaningless. For those in the “mechanical” camp – the fire or whatever had not occurred yet at the time of the handoff. IF nefarious, obviously the copilot was clearly told you had better not say or behave in any manner other than “normal”. If a takeover had not occurred at the time of the handoff there would be no reason for the handoff to be “odd”.

Those are the only possibilities!

The goodnight stuff, is totally congruent with the entire interaction, at that time of night,, it that part of the world , with BOTH ATC and flight crew. There were many platitudes, for some period of time, between both parties. Rapport was established, if ATC was totally “protocol” and MAL 370 was not well then maybe there might be some “meaning” here. Such is not the case in MAL 370.

The notion that ATC. Aircraft interactions are formal ALWAYS is not the case!

In the middle of the night, when aircraft movements are not taxing it is both typical and common for ATC and cockpit crews to exchange pleasantries. It is just the norm.

At Chicago, Heathrow, Atlanta –(really relentless hubs) time does not permit such, BUT in other settings totally typically and means nothing, IMO.

Great Job everyone. The past couple days has had some excellent posts and information so thanks to everyone. I come here for news about MH370 because we are on top of things for sure.

Thanks everyone!

One problem I have with the oil rig claim is that a plane on fire that crashed into the ocean would not keep sending a satellite handshake for another 6 to 8 hours.

:twocents:

That is only if we believe Imarstats data. Since not 1 piece of debri or 1 hint that the plane is actually South I am forced to put Immarstats analysis on a list along with other theories at this point.

I had high hopes for them but am sorely disappointed so far. It may still turn up somewhere close to where they are but until I see some proof I am treating it just like any of the other theories.

My biggest issue with the search efforts is that they dont seem to take ALL other reports seriously enough. Like someone said, each report needs to be investigated and then either debunked or not officially. Not just someone from Malaysia saying we dont think its credible. Who cares what you think. Go investigate and determine 100% for certain whether it is the plane or not.

Below are most all the serious reports of possibly where the plane is. Some of these are relatively new udpates.
===========================================

1-The Geo? report claiming near Bangladesh. Needs to be checked out and debunked or not. I think Bangladesh says they will look. Good.
STATUS = outstanding

2-Singapore saying they found debris on very recent satellite images. Over 120 pieces of debris on surface of water. Not too far from Austrailia search area. This needs checked out immediately. Why dont we hear more about this type of stuff. Do they just ignore these reports.
STATUS = outstanding

3-Guy on beach found debri in Austrailia with rivets. Sure looked like a plane part. Officials seem to want to say this is not it. Not sure how they made that determination. The debri looked "fresh" to me. It wasnt too old looking.
STATUS = outstanding , but officials are saying debunked

4-The Tomrod pilot guy who spotted image on satellite pictures that looked like a shartk (it seems this may be an old report though as we thought we saw this before). Was this ever debunked or not. Who knows.
STATUS = outstanding

5-The Mynamar sightings of low flying plane that zoomed close to ground. Many witnesses to this. Was this even checked out? Who knows.
STATUS = outstanding

6-The oil rig guy that saw fire ball the very early morning plane disappeared. Was this ever seriously checked out? Who knows.
STATUS = outstanding

7-Immarstat search west of Perth. Nothing found at all after tons of man hours and effot.
They did hear pings but could have been submarines IMO. Officials think this is where plane is. They are still looking.
STATUS = outstanding

8-Fire extinguisher bottle found washed up on a beach. Sure looked like 1 that could come from a plane. Officials verbally didnt think it was part of plane. Did they really do good analsysis of it? Who knows.
STATUS = outstanding

This above is why I am so frustrated with the search effort organization. They should be creating this list and then having the status officially udpated to "debunked" only AFTER serious investigation. From what we have seen there has not been serious investigation of SOME of these other reports. I do believe some were better investigated than others but for each one, they need to provide details of how they made their determination. They need a written report of each one of these items and how they made their conclusion of debunked. This is way too serious of a matter and everything needs to be done seriously and officially with supporting documentation to support their conclusions.

So that takes us to the latest report from Malaysia. Did that report have any of these items listed and a detailed analysis of each item with a summary of its status. If the answer is no, then my conlusion is the search organization at the top is being horribly done and it is no wonder they cant find the plane. They have put all their eggs in 1 basket and are discounting ALL else IMO.

From the beginning , I have been amazed at the medias hang up on the final transmission! It is meaningless. For those in the “mechanical” camp – the fire or whatever had not occurred yet at the time of the handoff. IF nefarious, obviously the copilot was clearly told you had better not say or behave in any manner other than “normal”. If a takeover had not occurred at the time of the handoff there would be no reason for the handoff to be “odd”.

Those are the only possibilities!

The goodnight stuff, is totally congruent with the entire interaction, at that time of night,, it that part of the world , with BOTH ATC and flight crew. There were many platitudes, for some period of time, between both parties. Rapport was established, if ATC was totally “protocol” and MAL 370 was not well then maybe there might be some “meaning” here. Such is not the case in MAL 370.

The notion that ATC. Aircraft interactions are formal ALWAYS is not the case!

In the middle of the night, when aircraft movements are not taxing it is both typical and common for ATC and cockpit crews to exchange pleasantries. It is just the norm.

At Chicago, Heathrow, Atlanta –(really relentless hubs) time does not permit such, BUT in other settings totally typically and means nothing, IMO.

Hi CARIIS, I just heard the audio they played on CNN.

Just caught (maybe) something, did anyone else catch it? Ok in the beginning it seems to be co-pilots voice - voice is younger and also has less of an accent. Then, beginning at "Malaysian Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero," the voice is different. I'm assuming Captain Shah, but who knows? I just know it's different than the beginning voice. This voice is older and has more of an accent.

For example, if you listen to the word "zero" coming from co-pilot, it sounds more Western, with less accent on the "r." But starting from where the voice changes, the "zero" gets said with more accent and different sound of "r."

Can u please tell me if u or anyone else noticed this??

Can someone give me a reliable audio recording of the cockpit transmissions? I just listened to the one on CNN but have lost it now and would like to go back and listen again. TiA.

MH370: Govt releases preliminary report
May 1, 2014
The report did not contain any information from the police investigation into whether a criminal act such as terrorism was to blame
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Thursday made public a report on Flight MH370 and other data in its most extensive release of information on the airliner yet, but which contained no new clues on what happened to the missing plane.
The brief five-page report dated April 9, and which was submitted earlier to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), was mostly a recap of information that had already been released over time.
It contained no major revelations in what remains one of the greatest mysteries in aviation history.
“Over a month after the aircraft departed Kuala Lumpur International Airport, its location is still unknown,” the report said.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...01/govt-releases-preliminary-report-on-mh370/

Can someone give me a reliable audio recording of the cockpit transmissions? I just listened to the one on CNN but have lost it now and would like to go back and listen again. TiA.

I would like to listen to this too but dont know where a link is to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken