Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #3 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

5 ft 10 to 6 ft? 200 lbs? ZA?!

But anyway, I have so many issue with CB's account of the kidnapping...who the heck knows?

When there's stress people tend to NOT remember details very well.
There's studies on eye witnesses in criminal cases due to stress we forgot or remember in correctly.

Just jumping off your post...

would LE be able to get the information/pics/texts/etc. SA took at the Coon Hunt after this amount of time?

Does the phone even exist anymore?

In fact... After this amount of time... Could information be retrieved from ANY
of the cell phones of the perps/witnesses?

:dunno:

IHAVENOCLUE, if the stalking tip had been prioritized and followed up on by investigators in a timely manner, and the sketch released to the public. All of the above could have likely been retrieved. Why would investigators prepare a sketch and then decide not to share it via ms media? Combined with the enormous 6 figure Reward in HB's case. Folks would have been tripping over each other to provide info & tips, imo. I doubt that there is an LEO, correction officer, or Judge in the three county area that would not have immediately recognized the sketch...jmo

TWO MONTHS WRAP UP HOLLY BOBO INVESTIGATION REMAINS HIGH PRIORITY
http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...h-wrap-up-investigation-remains-high-priority

If one of the these danged A-people gets a plea, something will the fan. I might explode from a heart-attack! They don't make enough Butterfingers to help me then! By golly, if we've got multiple witnesses who saw Holly with these guys, then there should be no plea deal. ZIP, NADDA, NONE!

If one of the these danged A-people gets a plea, something will the fan. I might explode from a heart-attack! They don't make enough Butterfingers to help me then! By golly, if we've got multiple witnesses who saw Holly with these guys, then there should be no plea deal. ZIP, NADDA, NONE!

The witnesses just happen to be suspects. I suppose, in this case, its similar to, say, three guys that rob a liquor store and kill the clerk inside. All three can be charged with murder but, perhaps, the driver who did not actually shoot anyone, gets a deal to rat on the gunman.

IHAVENOCLUE, if the stalking tip had been prioritized and followed up on by investigators in a timely manner, and the sketch released to the public. All of the above could have likely been retrieved. Why would investigators prepare a sketch and then decide not to share it via ms media? Combined with the enormous 6 figure Reward in HB's case. Folks would have been tripping over each other to provide info & tips, imo. I doubt that there is an LEO, correction officer, or Judge in the three county area that would not have immediately recognized the sketch...jmo

TWO MONTHS WRAP UP HOLLY BOBO INVESTIGATION REMAINS HIGH PRIORITY
http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...h-wrap-up-investigation-remains-high-priority

BBM: Exactly, Foxfire ! The A Bunch is no stranger to LE and the criminal court system.

:seeya:

BBM:

:seeya: Just jumping off your post, shefner :

:twocents: I did not like the Judge even mentioning a "plea deal" in open court yesterday ... he said that he was going to set deadlines, which include a "plea deal" deadline ... Nope !

I hope they get NO deals ... let them rot :jail: for what they did to Holly !

:moo:

I don't believe I have ever heard an invitation for a "plea deal" directly from the bench before. Of course I have known about attorneys and LE making offers for their "recommendation" to the court of such an offer, but never directly from a Judge. And the way he threw it right out there, almost as standard it is no wonder the way Zach's arrest and conviction rate reads the way it does.

JMO's

I don't believe I have ever heard an invitation for a "plea deal" directly from the bench before. Of course I have known about attorneys and LE making offers for their "recommendation" to the court of such an offer, but never directly from a Judge. And the way he threw it right out there, almost as standard it is no wonder the way Zach's arrest and conviction rate reads the way it does.

JMO's

BBM: Exactly !

:seeya: I totally agree !

Here's some info on Judge McGinley from tncourts.gov :

Year Elected/Appointed

Prior Judicial Experience

Assistant District Attorney General, 1982-1988

More at link: http://www.tncourts.gov/courts/circuit-criminal-chancery-courts/judges/charles-creed-mcginley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From judgepedia:

Charles Creed McGinley is a judge for the Twenty Fourth Circuit Court in Tennessee. He has served in this position since 1988. In 2006, he was re-elected without opposition to his current eight year term, which ends in 2014.

More at link: http://judgepedia.org/Charles_Creed_McGinley

Here's some info on Judge McGinley from tncourts.gov :

Year Elected/Appointed

Prior Judicial Experience

Assistant District Attorney General, 1982-1988

More at link: http://www.tncourts.gov/courts/circuit-criminal-chancery-courts/judges/charles-creed-mcginley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From judgepedia:

Charles Creed McGinley is a judge for the Twenty Fourth Circuit Court in Tennessee. He has served in this position since 1988. In 2006, he was re-elected without opposition to his current eight year term, which ends in 2014.

More at link: http://judgepedia.org/Charles_Creed_McGinley

Does anyone know if he is running for re-election and if he is running unopposed again?

Like it or not plea deals have nothing to do with what the victim's family or the general public may desire. They are not done to get people off. Its like life in prison versus death. In some cases if the suspect says where a body is, he gets the DP taken off the table. That is what happened in the cases of Chelsea King and Amber Duboise. The killer confessed to a second, unsolved (and unlinked) murder and led LE to the body in order to spare himself from death.They are also done to avoid a trial for a variety of reasons - cost, possibility of losing, etc.

<BBM for focus>

ThoughtFox, it is not an actual Coon Hunt, but more of a festival & coon dog competition. I attended the Coon Hunt in 2012. Most of the folks in attendance are dressed in casual attire; TShirts & jeans, etc; https://www.google.com/search?q=coo...a=X&ei=UTRiU9izD8LjsASP94LADg&ved=0CFYQ9QEwBg

Although, it would not be unusual for someone to wear full camo to the Coon Hunt Festival Charity Event, few actually do. Imo, the friend's red flags/hinky meter were set off on the day of the coon hunt due to the stalking/starring incident, but were likely ignored as just an overreaction. Four days later when the description of HB's abductor was released wearing full camo. The combination of the two allowed her friend to connect the dots..jmo

Footnote: The attendance @ the 2012 Decatur County Coon Hunt was way off... The DC Coon Hunt is billed as the largest in the world..

Yeah, I get it, and I saw that everyone there was dressed casually in jeans and t-shirts ballcaps, but it is about a raccoon hunt, so I just think the camo alone wasn't the strange part about the guy.

When Clint saw the guy in camo on the day she was abducted, he thought it was Holly's boyfriend, who indeed was hunting somewhere else and probably wearing camo. That in itself isn't a sign that someone is up to no good. JMOO

Like it or not plea deals have nothing to do with what the victim's family or the general public may desire. They are not done to get people off. Its like life in prison versus death. In some cases if the suspect says where a body is, he gets the DP taken off the table. That is what happened in the cases of Chelsea King and Amber Duboise. The killer confessed to a second, unsolved (and unlinked) murder and led LE to the body in order to spare himself from death.They are also done to avoid a trial for a variety of reasons - cost, possibility of losing, etc.

I realize all the reasons for plea deals. I get that, and got it a long time ago. There are appropriate times for it's use, IMO. But for a JUDGE to throw out that opportunity, much less deadline or cutoff for it before discovery has even been handed over does not seem appropriate. He did not say according to TN law, it was that's the way I do things in my court.

I am in no way suggesting that this Judge can not be impartial to rule in this case. I am simply saying in my opinion, this particular Judge has been involved in several (too many) prior plea deals for these defendants. I believe when (if) the case is resolved that fact may give credence to an appeal down the road and could be, and should be avoided.

If Holly were my daughter I would be asking the Attorney General for a different Judge for those reasons. And if I were the Judge and had ruled on these defendants for even a fraction of their collective 40+ convictions and charges I would not be able to look the Bobo family directly in the eyes for the duration of this trial.

Just my opinions, and nothing personal against the Judge.

BBM. It may depend on the state, but when my brother and his wife were murdered, we, as a family,had EVERYTHING to do with how the prosecution proceeded with my brothers case.

I haven't been checking here regularly so excuse me if I'm rehashing something you guys have already figured out :) Wasn't there a concern when ZA was arrested that he posted on FB right around the time of the abduction? Do you think these guys are smart enough that they had ZA abduct holly and were anticipating maybe him being recognized, so he left his cell at home, or had someone get onto his computer at home, to post that, thus creating an "alibi", on the chance he was recognized?

Thanks for posting! This answers the coon hunt question that some have had …

Per Candance Wood, Holly’s friend, they doubled dated at the coon hunt.

So, yes, Holly was at the coon hunt. (some posters have been saying that was a rumor)

**Very important**
Also, a man, kept looking at Candance and Holly, then looking at his phone, only to look back in their direction. Candance felt uneasy. She did not know if he was looking at her or at Holly but he was looking at one of them. (She did not mention where the guys, their dates - boyfriends were at this point).
This was four days before the disappearance of Holly. After hearing of Holly’s kidnapping, Candance reflected on the coon hunt creepy event, called Karen and told her. Karen told her to report it. She reported to the TBI. A sketch was done which was showed and compared in this news report to Shayne Austin’s picture. Looks just like him!

So, this was the stalking at the coon hunt. A premeditated act was being planned four days before Holly’s kidnapping.

Ta Da ! The pieces are coming together. Some of you may remember the ongoing discussion regarding Karen. Many of us speculated she knew something was wrong immediately. Well, voila !

It sickens me to know that Holly could have been saved.

One more thing - why would it be strange for someone to be in "head-to-toe camouflage" at a Coon Hunt? :waitasec:

I think the important thing about Shayne Austin was that he was staring at them and talking into his phone, not what he was wearing.

I think what she was trying to say is that it struck her LATER after hearing the description of "camo man". It probably wasn't weird to her at the time, but looking back it probably just creeped her out.

JMO's

I took it as a statement of fact. There is a deadline for a plea deal. THe only reason for a plea deal is because the state doesn't want to go to the expense of a trial OR they want the location of the body. I think that is the only reason the DA offered a deal to SA. They want to bring Holly home if at all possible!

I don't think they are holding anyone's hand trying to help them help themselves. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998