GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the remaining jury pool are dismissed from this case and they happily left the courtroom.
Defendant was crying and being comforted by her attorneys as they left.
My guess those are tears of relief of anxiety over the jury selection?
She had more emotion when the dismissed jury pool left the room than she did when the chosen jury members left the room. When her official jury members were leaving, she was stooping over her table with her head down looking at something. It was like she was reading the daily news and couldn't be bothered with them.

I noted that and it did appear to signify disrespect. However, I'm not sure if she is all-there. She will have to be reminded of such matters by her team.

I noted that and it did appear to signify disrespect. However, I'm not sure if she is all-there. She will have to be reminded of such matters by her team.

Another matter to consider is that her ex-husband is very much in the room. I noticed her looking down through much of the jury selection process and wondered if part of that was because she didn't want to look at him. It has only been a little over three years.

I have never watched a trial that included the insanity defense. Have you?

Thanks, janx :seeya:

picture.php

You're very welcome.

I have never watched a trial that included the insanity defense. Have you?

I haven't either.

Don't know what to expect- maybe tons of psychiatrists/psychologists on the stand (we could almost get our Masters in Psychology from all the info they will give everyone about insanity). Hope they're not going to have "Dr." Samuels on. :facepalm:

Jodi Arias trial - THE QUACK PAPER SHUFFLE - YouTube

See everyone Monday, God willing. :seeya:

i was looking at some news clips right after it happened. They had a beautiful home and then showed the Christmas Tree still up with wrapped gifts under it...at the end of Jan.??? And then bottles of opiate type drugs all over the house...I mean why would she have acess to these pills without someone watching the situation? husband was only gone for two weeks and I don't know at what point this occurred in that time but long after Christmas. Really don't understand that a major intervention was not done by family or friends or someone? And what about her doctors? I'm really not sure about this case at all.

i was looking at some news clips right after it happened. They had a beautiful home and then showed the Christmas Tree still up with wrapped gifts under it...at the end of Jan.??? And then bottles of opiate type drugs all over the house...I mean why would she have acess to these pills without someone watching the situation? husband was only gone for two weeks and I don't know at what point this occurred in that time but long after Christmas. Really don't understand that a major intervention was not done by family or friends or someone? And what about her doctors? I'm really not sure about this case at all.

It's best to wait until the trial, but some of the evidence that has been posted online points to the possibility that she had been in rehab at least once and that her family was very concerned about her. Her husband was career military and had to travel a lot. I'm trying not to make any assumptions, trying to wait for the trial, but it appears initially that she had mental problems and addiction problems. When her children reached their teen years, she was incapable of raising them.

Thanks for the link! I'd been wondering what her family thought of all this. They have been silent and I imagine are in a lot of pain as well. From the bits and pieces I'd read that have been released, it appears she had problems but took no responsibility for getting better despite her access to healthcare and the support of her family. My thought is that he was going to pull the plug on the marriage after 20 years of putting up with her. Maybe that was the trigger. She seems to have desired to hurt him. Those are just my initial thoughts and I'll keep my mind open to see what the evidence bears out. From a legal standpoint, I don't think she meets the standard for insanity. Hubby and I had an interesting conversation about how someone can be insane but not meet the legal definition. IMO, you can have mental issues and still premeditate a crime. Like someone said earlier, she is no Andrea Yates.

I do believe most experts will agree you can be "insane" and still pre-meditate a crime. From what I understand this is about her state at just that moment of the crime and I don't understand this concept. Also above interview with "Wendy" while interesting needs to be read with caution...already a correction has been advised by Julie's attorney...I would like to hear from her family directly but won't happen unless they are on the stand. They have been there every day for jury selection. I can be very opinionated but on this one I am really open to hear the defense.

Jury seated in Julie Schenecker murder trial

TAMPA — The strawberry farmer and divorced father of three was in. So, too, was the man who said he was one credit away from a degree in criminal justice.

Schenecker's fate rests in the hands of an eclectic jury. The 12 jurors and four alternates include seven women and nine men, three of whom are African-American. About half of the jurors have children.

Within the group is a grandmother who draws patients' blood at a local hospital, a Hills*borough Area Regional Transit bus driver with a daughter, and a U.S. Postal Service worker who told attorneys: "I firmly believe in the insanity defense."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/jury-finalized-in-julie-schenecker-murder-trial/2178105

Much more at link^

It's best to wait until the trial, but some of the evidence that has been posted online points to the possibility that she had been in rehab at least once and that her family was very concerned about her. Her husband was career military and had to travel a lot. I'm trying not to make any assumptions, trying to wait for the trial, but it appears initially that she had mental problems and addiction problems. When her children reached their teen years, she was incapable of raising them.

From experience: Substance abuse tends to go hand-hand with mental illness and insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine