Trial Discussion Thread #33 - 14.05.05 Day 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't figure out what you are saying.

Nel has already discredited Stander.

And Reeva's messgae to the Myers that she wasn't coming home that night as sent circa 8-10 PM is on record.

;p back at you.
Oh lol!

And clearly I need to focus better as I wasn't aware it was on record? When where her phone details made public? Bar the communications with OP?

It sounds as though the Defence Team is expecting questions about the phone, where it was, who used it and, no doubt we will get round to who took it from the scene. I wonder if we are about to hear some "hedging" as to who had it and what happened to it.

I'm just following this from you guys (thnx) and twitters etc. Am I right in that this witness, Stander's daughter, heard cries for 'help', was terrified, knew someone was in serious trouble and chose to lock the doors and make herself safe before going back to bed to try and sleep, though all a tremble?!? Nice neighbour.

that's what she said.. . also. in addition, her dogs were barking, the neighborhoood dogs were barking, she was worried her dogs would get out on the balcony and cause more trouble, she heard this, and thought of the dogs, and were they annoying? was she in trouble, she got back into bed, she felt hot, she felt cold, she was asking herself where this noise is coming from? should she get up again? stay in bed? where are the dogs? shutup dogs, shutup the dogs keep barking, was someone coming up a LADDER into her bedroom? she has to close her doors, her sliding doors, the dogs.

oh my god.

Precisely. I can't stand it. There are very few things that annoy me for unexplainable reasons, but that's one of them.

Oh, the only time it's ever irritated me was the time someone said 'Maybe one? Noon?' when asked what time Bob Harrod went missing.....

Well true...but then to be fair to her, not everyone is heroic - that's why I think Dr Stipp is a very brave man and admire him to walk into a scene where he just heard gunshots.
I'm no hero but I'd be brave enough to make a phone call, or wake my Dad were he in the house if even that was beyond me. Her father had been the estate manager remember. Totally agree re Dr Stipp - good brave man, which makes OP's putdown of him even slimier.

Heard someone shout for help and shut the doors and tried to get back to sleep, seems especially odd for someone involved in law.

Very true that.
And she did not have to act heroically as Dr Stipp did.

She merely could have called the police, as a woman was crying/screaming for help!
But this attorney/ woman apparently did nothing.

As an attorney wasn't it her foremost duty of inform OP on arrival at his home that he had to call up the police himself whatever may have been his emotional state?

that's what she said.. . also. in addition, her dogs were barking, the neighborhoood dogs were barking, she was worried her dogs would get out on the balcony and cause more trouble, she heard this, and thought of the dogs, and were they annoying? was she in trouble, she got back into bed, she felt hot, she felt cold, she was asking herself where this noise is coming from? should she get up again? stay in bed? where are the dogs? shutup dogs, shutup the dogs keep barking, was someone coming up a LADDER into her bedroom? she has to close her doors, her sliding doors, the dogs.

oh my god.
You made me laugh out loud with that. As they'd say on f-Troop, well done trooper.

Very strange Stander inferred they were acquaintances rather than good friends and yet was asked to Reeva's private memorial at "uncle Pistorius's" house.

Well, he explained that - he was using his own words to describe what OP told him.

Is that all or was there actually embellishing?

Nel was asking him what Oscar said and he was starting to phrase it as if Oscar said he made a mistake, which is not true. Oscar told him that he shot Reeva, he thought she was an intruder. That is an intentional act, not a mistake.

And then when Nel cornered him on what he interpreted as a mistake, his answer was "the shots" were a mistake.

Right then and there, I knew this guy was in cahoots with Oscar. No way would he randomly say "the shots" were a mistake without some sort of prompting.

Very true that.
And she did not have to act heroically as Dr Stipp did.

She merely could have called the police, as a woman was crying/screaming for help!
But this attorney/ woman apparently did nothing.

Or even her dad the estate manager.

Did he not say "he said he made a mistake" at first?

If you mean Stander, then no, I don't think he did. As far as I heard, he repeated what OP told him on the phone twice and it was identical, word for word.

Then the third time, during an answer to Nel's question that hadn't even asked that, he suddenly made the addition that OP also said 'I made a mistake'.

Mr Stander seemed to confirm that Colonel Van Rensburg was first on the scene. This is good for the prosecution. Nel was also setting the scene regarding the phone in the kitchen - more of this with Carise.

Other than that Standers evidence was helpful for the defense, I think. Oscar said on the phone that he thought there was an intruder. His emotional state on the scene seems consistent with his version and he only disappeared upstairs for 30-40 seconds (to get some id for Reeva and the emergency services).

What a heartless girl. Didn't bother to call security or the police after hearing "help, help, help". Didn't even wake her father. I find that really odd, especially as the dogs were barking and something very disturbing was going on.

I wouldn't say Stander has definitely made up his mind - he said it was problematic when he thought there were 8 shots fired.

Stander was credible - he was not defensive, nothing to suggest he lied or exaggerated about anything.

Interesting the assessor is asking again about Reeva being able to use the remote and alarm.

Re. BBM

I don't dislike the guy but it is very clear to me that he has a specific agenda.

I found that whole direct exam to be scripted & rehearsed to the max. Understandably Stander was clearly very upset when he was at OP's house that night. Obviously it was a very hectic scene - OP holding a mortally wounded Reeva, covered in blood himself, OP vomiting, etc... Stipp, Baba, and his daughter there... yet I am supposed to believe that Stander could swear that when OP went upstairs to retrieve the ID he is absolutely certain OP was gone only 30 seconds, a minute max? He was sure of it. Considering the gravity of the situation and the emotional turmoil everyone was in, WTH would even pay attention to something so meaningless (at the time) much less be able to swear to it? Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288