Trial Discussion Thread #33 - 14.05.05 Day 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the quote was, " Frank who's staying with him."

Frank is the gardener?

I am going by what one of the SA WS members posted earlier (Carol70?) They even seemed to know the man's nationality - said he was the Malawian gardner who lives at the property.

It seems really odd that he has not been called as a witness and did not hear or see anything of interest.

I don't understand why the judge has only just found out. She did mention it before they broke for 2 weeks and told them she expected them to work through the 7th. Very odd. I hope she doesn't have a memory problem. She is not exactly a spring chicken. That could be a disaster for the outcome of the trial though I guess the assessors would "fill her in".

She had mentioned that it was voting day on 7th, I don't think they realised that it was also a Public Holiday. Voting day isn't usually a holiday.

I am wondering whether Frank is another person whose employment mysteriously 'ceased' on the night of the crime like Baba.

I think what I/we figured out (a while back) was that when Mr Baba said it was his "last night" it meant that he switched to day shift right after.

I don't remember another trial where the defense ran out of witnesses before lunch. I picture "Wollie" Wolmarans, Dixon's "sound test" cohort, feeling chest pains this morning and being rushed to the hospital.

Ugh I missed all the testimony today, son had taken over my pc... anyway, what's this about OP's sister taking RS's purse when she left the house??!!

I am going by what one of the SA WS members posted earlier (Carol70?) They even seemed to know the man's nationality - said he was the Malawian gardner who lives at the property.

It seems really odd that he has not been called as a witness and did not hear or see anything of interest.

A year ago, it came out that even though his house is right there, there is a noisy water fountain or such in between, and he heard nothing that night.

Robyn Curnow
@RobynCurnowCNN
Viljoen: wearing black, long hair over one shoulder. Shaky as she describes trying to stem Reeva's blood with plastic bags, towels. #oscar

Alex Crawford ‏@AlexCrawfordSky 2 Std.

#oscartrial Carice Viljoen has long blonde hair swept over one shoulder

Allways nonconformity, not only in hair color. :facepalm:

Sorry, what do you mean? :confused:

I followed along here, and didn't watch the testimony. Was the question of who first called Netcare and when answered?

A year ago, it came out that even though his house is right there, there is a noisy water fountain or such in between, and he heard nothing that night.

Ohhhhh I've been thinking that there was a housekeeper/cleaner AND a gardener/handyman. Two people. But maybe Frank does all that.

I've never seen the bit about the noisy fountain, although I've seen references to it on here. Can somebody point me to a source for that?

Milady's bun is a wee bit askew, but she looks well rested.

*I noticed OP yawned when Stander was stating he saw OP carrying Reva down the stairs. Where are his theatrics today?

Many African-Americans, here, wear their puffs askew. I think it's an actual style.

Roux was also yawning.

It's pretty dismal. I think Masipa is none too happy with it either!

Yes, what happened to "we're going on holiday", but will make sure we have all witnesses ready, and will be prepared to start early should the court desire. We'll also take our homework with us.

SMDH that Roux couldn't get through a single day without enough witnesses. Have them ready please, and if they have to come back tomorrow so be it. But my goodness, don't have them NOT show up.

Ridiculous, IMHO.

Mel

If OP was worried about intruders and knew the ladders were left outside, which he said he did, why didn't he have Frank lock them in garage?

Well who knows if they'd fit in OP's garage.

The thing would have been to tell Menelao never to leave them at OP's overnight. A thing I've hinted at...

Gutted I told a little white lie to the hubby this morning when he asked if we should go out for the day considering it's Bank Holiday. I told him I wasn't feeling well, feel a cold coming on but that he should go along with his brother and sister in law. Off he went to go and pick them up and get some cans, as he left I jumped up with glee. Got my duvet on the sofa, got some snacks from the cupboard, some cans of pop and got ready for a whole day spent on both web sleuth and wild about trials. You can imagine my utter dismay when I heard them talking about adjourning for the flippin' day... can you Adam and Eve it??? I've just text him to find out if it's too late for them to turn around and get me as I'm feeling remarkably better :)... he said no :( :( :(

Well, I find that rather strange...its our national elections, its been advertised every where for the last few months already!

Yes, that is the point. She said if they were having two weeks off she expected them not to take time off for the elections on the 7th though I don't honestly know how she would manage to get the court officials to work OR she meant they must work on the case even though not in court. I suppose it could be interpreted that way. I don't think I misheard her but I will see if I can find a link anywhere. It should be on the video of the day when the break was discussed.

Gutted I told a little white lie to the hubby this morning when he asked if we should go out for the day considering it's Bank Holiday. I told him I wasn't feeling well, feel a cold coming on but that he should go along with his brother and sister in law. Off he went to go and pick them up and get some cans, as he left I jumped up with glee. Got my duvet on the sofa, got some snacks from the cupboard, some cans of pop and got ready for a whole day spent on both web sleuth and wild about trials. You can imagine my utter dismay when I heard them talking about adjourning for the flippin' day... can you Adam and Eve it??? I've just text him to find out if it's too late for them to turn around and get me as I'm feeling remarkably better :)... he said no :( :( :(

:floorlaugh: That is really amusing.

I read an article yesterday where Roux said he estimated finishing the defense case around the middle of May. The only reason that makes sense to me for his running out of witnesses today is that there are very few witnesses in any way helpful to OP, and he's trying to stretch out the process as long as possible to conceal the fact that, re OP's defense, there's no "there" there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288