The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

wish agatha_C would complete this thread, has she been back at all?

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

wish agatha_C would complete this thread, has she been back at all?

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Haven't seen her here in over a year.

Do we know that she's ok? I have always admired her posts.

The following are items that show up in both the Ramsey case and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (book, play and movie);

"Sandy Stranger had a feeling at the time that they were supposed to be the happiest days of her life, and on her tenth birthday she said so to her best friend Jenny Gray who had been asked to TEA at Sandy's house. The speciality of the feast was PINEAPPLE CUBES WITH CREAM, and the speciality of the day was that they were left to themselves. To Sandy the unfamiliar PINEAPPLE had the authentic taste and appearance of happiness and she focussed her small eyes closely on the pale gold cubes before she scooped them up in her SPOON, and she ... Both girls saved the CREAM to the last, then ate it in SPOONFULS."

Pineapple was found in JonBenet's intestine. A bowl with pineapple and milk and a spoon next to a glass with a tea bag in it were found in the home.

""Oh dear," said Rose out loud one day when they were settled to essay writing, "I can't remember how you spell 'possession.' Are there two s's or -?""

'Possession' was misspelled in the ransom note.

"It was impossible to know how much Miss Brodie planned by deliberation, or how much she worked by instinct alone. However, in this, the first test of her strength, she had the VICTORY."

The ransom note was signed off "Victory S.B.T.C" .

Ya know, I kinda blew this theory off a few years ago but one thing that is huge here that I didn't really notice back then is the misspelling of "possession". Was it deliberate or part of someone's subconscious? There are some very interesting points here. Going to have to have another look at this.

"My talent is a dramatic interpretation that I wrote based on a portion of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. I play two characters — Miss Mackay, the stern head mistress, and Jean Brodie, the eccentric, vivacious school teacher. When I won second place in the National Forensic Tournament in Philadelphia the interpretation was 10 minutes long. For the talent competition it had to be cut to two minutes and 50 seconds. It's very difficult to establish character and build to a dramatic climax in less than three minutes."

"I'll be giving the grand performance of my life in Atlantic City," she explains. "This is my only chance, and I intend to do my very best. If that's not good enough, there will be no regrets. I'll know I did everything I could."

Ya know, I kinda blew this theory off a few years ago but one thing that is huge here that I didn't really notice back then is the misspelling of "possession". Was it deliberate or part of someone's subconscious? There are some very interesting points here. Going to have to have another look at this.

The word "business" was also misspelled with double "ss" as well. It was spelled "bussiness". Hard to say whether is was deliberate. I can't imagine what it would add - I can't imagine the author thinking "well if I misspell both these words they'll never think it was me"- especially since the HANDWRITING is a giveaway, as is the use of periods between letters in the acronyms (another Patsy trait).

"In the Kirk of the Greyfriars...on the th day of February, ...the people of Scotland pledged themselves...to the Presbyterian faith. Many of them used their own blood to sign the covenant."

Did Patsy offer JBs blood up to heaven as a signature of the covenant? Is that why JB was "wiped down'?

"Mary McGregor, do you know what happened to Peeping Tom? His eyes were shriveled into darkness in his head...and dropped before him! Poor old Tom."

First Edition printed in 1939 and republished in 1987:

The-Seven-Lady-Godivas.jpg

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/03/02/dr-seuss-seven-lady-godivas/

The book of nude drawings by Dr. Seuss was found inside the Samsonite luggage in the basement under the window. Fibers from the duvet and sham, also in the Samsonite, were found on the clothing belonging to JonBenét on the night of her death.

Peeping Tom is a character in the book.

Literature tied to the case is the key to understanding the case.

Kudos to you for looking at that book. I never thought to although I have been pumping the idea of following the literature for years.

At the risk of turning into John Nash every piece of printed and or recorded fiction and fact connected to the case and Patsy's life should be looked at and the connections drawn.

You just added greatly to this approach to the case.

Thank you.

John Nash was born and raised in West Virginia, as was his wife, Virginia, who attended the University of West Virginia. She became a teacher of literature. John Nash won the Nobel Prize for his work in Mathematics. More precisely, he was awarded The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, 1994.

From his acceptance speech:

"So at the present time I seem to be thinking rationally again in the style that is characteristic of scientists. However this is not entirely a matter of joy as if someone returned from physical disability to good physical health. One aspect of this is that rationality of thought imposes a limit on a person's concept of his relation to the cosmos. For example, a non-Zoroastrian could think of Zarathustra as simply a madman who led millions of naive followers to adopt a cult of ritual fire worship. But without his "madness" Zarathustra would necessarily have been only another of the millions or billions of human individuals who have lived and then been forgotten."

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/1994/nash-bio.html

"You will not use the excuse of that pathetic, that humorous document to blackmail me! Mr. Lowther, you are a witness to this. Miss Mackay has made totally unsupported accusations against my name and yours. If she has one authentic shred of evidence, just one, let her bring it forth! Otherwise, if one more word of this outrageous calumny reaches my ears, I shall sue! I shall take Miss Mackay to the public courts and I shall sue the trustees of Marcia Blaine, if they support her. I will not stand quietly by and allow myself to be crucified by a woman whose fetid frustration has overcome her judgment! If scandal is to your taste, Miss Mackay, I shall give you a feast!"

"Miss Brodie says that anyone of a cultured home and heritage...makes no fuss about the human body."
― Muriel Spark, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

“It is well, when in difficulties, to say never a word, neither black nor white. Speech is silver but silence is golden.”

“It is difficult for people of advanced years to start remembering they must die. It is best to form the habit while young.”
― Muriel Spark, Memento Mori

“If I had my life to live over again, I would form the habit of nightly composing myself to thoughts of death. I would practice, as it were, the remembrance of death. There is not another practice which so intensifies life. Death, when it approaches, ought not to take one by surprise. It should be part of the full expectancy of life.”
― Muriel Spark, Memento Mori

“She wasn't a person to whom things happen. She did all the happenings.”
― Muriel Spark, Aiding and Abetting

“It never really occurred to her that literary men, if they like women at all, do not want literary women but girls.”
― Muriel Spark, The Girls of Slender Means

“The true novelist is one who understands the work as a continuous poem, is a myth-maker, and the wonder of the art resides in the endless different ways of telling a story.”
― Muriel Spark

“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

“[My novel] took up the sweetest part of my mind and the rarest part of my imagination; it was like being in love and better. All day long when I was busy [...], I had my unfinished novel personified almost as a secret companion and accomplice following me like a shadow wherever I went, whatever I did.”
― Muriel Spark, Loitering With Intent

"Teddy Lloyd: [to Sandy] You're a clever little cat, aren't you?"

"Who opened the window? Whoever opened the window has opened it too wide. It is okay to leave open a window perhaps six inches precisely as to do any more than that might just be in vulgar taste"

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/prime-of-miss-jean-brodie-script.html

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/13093.Muriel_Spark

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6556029

http://www.great-quotes.com/quotes/movie/The+Prime+of+Miss+Jean+Brodie

Patsy Ramsey was 13yo when Rod McKuen composed the fabulous musical score for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

"The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie Suite"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8ZwBNpDKA

"Jean" performed by Rod McKuen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr44H1g2TPk

"Jean" performed by Oliver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7_xW5MuK0

The Letter Scene from The Pride of Miss Jean Brodie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1v7BW6UKk

"I wish I had been, and then we would have had a free and fair trial. And you would have met your Waterloo, Mr. Thomas."
~ Patsy Ramsey

"Who opened the window? Whoever opened the window has opened it too wide. It is okay to leave open a window perhaps six inches precisely as to do any more than that might just be in vulgar taste"

cssuitcase.jpg
2000A&EShow238.jpg

The 2nd photo was a screenshot taken during an A&E presentation.

The first photo declares it to be an authentic CS photo and I do believe it closely resembles the condition; however, it is missing the numerical marking on the sticky labels seen on most of the CS photos.

In fact, this photo seems to be taken, in succession, after the photo that shows the door that leads to where JB was unbeknownst located during the kidnap phase only there are other photos snapped in between this one with the suitcase and the photo sadly showing the closed WC door.

As always, OMHO

ETA:
Note: All three windows show in photo. John Ramsey stated he found the window open "about an inch" the morning of December 26th when he went to the basement before 10:00 A.M. and he "closed the window and latched" it so this crime scene photo is not a true report showing the condition of the window on the morning of the crime scene.
~ acandyrose

"Memento Mori" is also used to describe postmortem death photography, something that was very popular in the 19th century. Photos of the recently dead were taken, not only lying in bed or on couches, but posed as if they were alive. Photographers had special posing stands to prop up the bodies, and pupils were often painted on the eyelids to make it seem as if the deceased was alive. They did this especially with children because photographs were so expensive then that most people couldn't afford them. Often the "memento mori" was the only image of the child the family would ever have.

Was the life-sized Twinn Doll PR's Memento Mori of JBR?

JMO the Twinn Doll sounds expensive, less a toy for the child to play with and more a decorative item for the mother, and for posterity for after the child grows up, not unlike photographs. In this case, the MM.

"Mary McGregor, do you know what happened to Peeping Tom? His eyes were shriveled into darkness in his head...and dropped before him! Poor old Tom."

First Edition printed in 1939 and republished in 1987:

The-Seven-Lady-Godivas.jpg

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/03/02/dr-seuss-seven-lady-godivas/

The book of nude drawings by Dr. Seuss was found inside the Samsonite luggage in the basement under the window. Fibers from the duvet and sham, also in the Samsonite, were found on the clothing belonging to JonBenét on the night of her death.

Peeping Tom is a character in the book.
Now there's a creepy coincidence....or is it?

Of course I knew of TPOMJB and the suitcase/book but had forgot this doozie connecting them both.

Jesus....

IMO this whole POMJB theory is really hard to swallow and I'd place it last on the list of viable PDI scenarios but when you see all these coincidences piling up....it does make you wonder and wish LE had tackled this subject with her.

At the risk of turning into John Nash every piece of printed and or recorded fiction and fact connected to the case and Patsy's life should be looked at and the connections drawn.
Yeah Patsy really got to dodge some hefty bullets. She needed to be placed under a microscope. While her interviews do contain a lot of information, so much is either skimmed over or not even addressed.

I hadn't encountered this thread yet. Explains another one that popped up awhile ago. I won't judge the content other than to say I can't see much here to assist solving JBR, really.

I will say that this has about as much validity as a disturbed grad student in my father's class at Columbia had when he developed a thesis that Alexander Pope's "The Rape of the Lock" was an allegory about the Panama Canal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back