Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think OP is definitely paranoid in the sense of "seeing enemies everywhere". The Brazilian racer who beat him is a cheater. The Stipps are liars. Ditto ST, DF, and the young lady whose leg he injured in anger. He confronted Ms. Myers yesterday because she was one of his many enemies, like MB, Mr. VdB, and the unknown driver he thought was following him, who OP felt compelled to confront.

Don't stop, you're on a roll.

BBM - it's odd isn't it? He happily snoozed through screaming, cricket bat bashing and gunshots, and then for no apparent reason, he was magically transported to the front of the house completely awake!

He should be placed in a room and played that god awful song on loop until he cough's up

"Frankie, do you remember....

BBM - it's odd isn't it? He happily snoozed through screaming, cricket bat bashing and gunshots, and then for no apparent reason, he was magically transported to the front of the house completely awake!

-> and dressed. no pj's.

I wonder if we will be hearing from this guy, although this confuses thing's even more.

AT EIGHT minutes past three on the morning of Valentine’s Day Christo Menelaou woke with a start. He’d heard what sounded like three thunderclaps.

At his home in the Silver Woods Estate east of Pretoria he lay in bed waiting for the rain to start.

Almost an hour later he went to the bathroom.

When he opened the window and looked outside he couldn’t believe his eyes. His window looks out onto an empty plot and Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius’ house.

The two men are close friends.

“His house used to be in pitch darkness at night, except for one light that was always on,” Christo (34) says. But that night all the lights were on and there were blue and red lights flashing outside the house.

http://drum.co.za/celebs/hes-heartbroken/

So there we have it, the first sound's were thunder, second sound's were the gunshots, lock him up.

The judge seemed displeased at Roux's lack of witnesses M-Tu, and iirc he promised her he would be wrapping up his case next Tuesday. That leaves only four court days, and Roux's calling a "gastric emptying" expert? Why, since OP conceded that Reeva could have gone down stairs after 10 pm without his knowing?

I was very surprised when OP testified that Reeva couldn't possibly have gone downstairs and eaten again later without him knowing so will be very interested to hear tomorrow's witness.
It would have been better for him if he had just said I don't know ,I was asleep .

He was outside with security when the Standers arrived.

Does Frank have ESP? a cell phone? Perfect timing?

The only thing downstairs that isn't explained is the broken window that didn't have any broken glass. JMO

maybe security rang him and asked what the trouble was and thats how he was with them i dunno not been able to keep up just adding to the speculation ;) or he see the blue lights all over the place ... its so strange that he says he heard nout and then appears outside as cs arrives and a little later her dad speaks to the dr about what happened but didnt say that he asked frank not that ive heard anyway

Didn't Samantha Taylor say that Oscar couldn't balance very well on his stumps or did I get that wrong?

I think you are right about ST testimony . She did say that .
Which actually goes against her being an allegedly scorned woman . If she wanted to she could have said she had seen him very agile on his stumps so I feel she was honest on the stand and wasn't testifying for spite or retribution. As I said before she will be relieved she did not end up being shot .

RSBM
BritsKate, if your NPD ex were legless, would be admit his vulnerability and rely on you? Would he immediately think of making sure you were safe if danger appeared? OP isn't in any sense a reasonable man, disabled or otherwise imo.
Just looking at it strictly from limited mobility - yes. He wouldn't admit vulnerability but my aiding him would be an expectation and entitlement instead, solely for his benefit. Of course, my ex would probably guilt trip me for not moving faster, tell me how irresponsible I was to leave the balcony doors open, and berate me for leaving my jeans lying on the floor like a slob first. ;) (Notice just how many times Oscar implied Reeva had done something wrong in his testimony?)

That's why I said I think lack of mobility becomes instinctual - if you can't do something, you just can't do it. So...either he's lying about just how limited his mobility is which means he didn't feel all that vulnerable on his stumps (and I think this is most likely) or he's vulnerable on his stumps, has very limited mobility but doesn't act like I would expect someone with such a severe impairment to act. Or, of course, he wasn't on his stumps when he went to confront the 'intruder'.

JMO

Didn't Samantha Taylor say that Oscar couldn't balance very well on his stumps or did I get that wrong?

Yes, she most certainly did. She also stated (paraphrasing) that he could lose his balance and liked to have things nearby to stabilize with, eg a walk along a wall.

But then again she is the scorned lover ;)

I was very surprised when OP testified that Reeva couldn't possibly have gone downstairs and eaten again later without him knowing so will be very interested to hear tomorrow's witness.
It would have been better for him if he had just said I don't know ,I was asleep .

IIRC OP finally conceded that Reeva could have gone downstairs while he was sleeping, i.e. without him knowing. Nel pounced on that as "devastating to your version" as OP had claimed she couldn't have left the bedroom without his knowing since the alarm was set and would have gone off [and awakened him].

What's even more amazing is that he was out there within ten minutes of the last "bangs" but hadn't heard a thing. Maybe he'd been making a smoothie(dontcha know those blenders can get pretty loud...) and saw the flashing lights of the buggy coming down the street so went to check it out.:facepalm:

Just looking at it strictly from limited mobility - yes. He wouldn't admit vulnerability but my aiding him would be an expectation and entitlement instead, solely for his benefit. Of course, my ex would probably guilt trip me for not moving faster, tell me how irresponsible I was to leave the balcony doors open, and berate me for leaving my jeans lying on the floor like a slob first.

RBSM

That is just awful, what manipulative mind games.
I can't imagine living under those circumstances but it happens everyday. Your description at once gave me chills and made me very, very angry.

IIRC OP finally conceded that Reeva could have gone downstairs while he was sleeping, i.e. without him knowing. Nel pounced on that as "devastating to your version" as OP had claimed she couldn't have left the bedroom without his knowing since the alarm was set and would have gone off [and awakened him].

Thanks for that info . This must be why the assessor has been enquiring about the alarm . Did he finally confirm that it had actually been set that night . I got a little bored listening to some of OP 's long answers that didn't answer simple questions .

Whatever Frank heard or saw and why he is't testifying is all very mysterious it would seem. It's the curious incident of the gardener in the nighttime really isn't it. But of all the people involved in this, he is the one probably at the most disadvantage so I feel for him. Not a South African, possibly not as educated as the neighbours, employed by the golden boy of a wealthy, powerful established family, probably questioned from all directions - lots of pressure that could well have been very intimidating.

If anyone really knows what Frank heard and saw it may well be any friends he has on the estate who are also live-in employees. Anyway, hopefully his testimony will not make a difference either way and the guy can live in peace. At least, as someone funnily said earlier, so far OP hasn't blamed him for it.

maybe security rang him and asked what the trouble was and thats how he was with them i dunno not been able to keep up just adding to the speculation ;) or he see the blue lights all over the place ... its so strange that he says he heard nout and then appears outside as cs arrives and a little later her dad speaks to the dr about what happened but didnt say that he asked frank not that ive heard anyway

I guess that could have been possible but I think that there would have been a record of the call brought up during the trial so we would have known about it .

I wonder if we will be hearing from this guy, although this confuses thing's even more.

AT EIGHT minutes past three on the morning of Valentine’s Day Christo Menelaou woke with a start. He’d heard what sounded like three thunderclaps.

At his home in the Silver Woods Estate east of Pretoria he lay in bed waiting for the rain to start.

Almost an hour later he went to the bathroom.

When he opened the window and looked outside he couldn’t believe his eyes. His window looks out onto an empty plot and Olympic and Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius’ house.

The two men are close friends.

“His house used to be in pitch darkness at night, except for one light that was always on,” Christo (34) says. But that night all the lights were on and there were blue and red lights flashing outside the house.

http://drum.co.za/celebs/hes-heartbroken/

Why didn't OP phone this friend first? Curiouser and curiouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015