GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.msgr.com/news/article_35704cae-d56d-11e3-81f5-0019bb2963f4.html

"In determining the time line, Sills noted the Saturday and Sunday newspapers in the drive of the home.
“I think this happened Friday night (or) Saturday morning,” he said Tuesday.
He said the neighbor went to check on the Dermonds because they had not answered a phone call made to the home.
The couple also had been expected at a party Saturday night but did not attend."

Now it makes sense when I was reading articles that mentioned that they were "virtually certain" the deceased was Russell.
How horrific this crime was!!!
IMOO.

Imagine what the kids and family of the husband and wife must be going through. Unreal and so very devastating.

With Russell being deceased..... and Shirley being abducted.....
I wonder if they were wanting something from Shirley financially (even though nothing is presumed missing from their home) or taunting Shirley, and I don't know
how to say this delicately......but perhaps the impetus to get what they want from Shirley is to show her what they took from Russell.....
Rest in Peace Sir!!
IMOO.

Maybe somebody was paid to do it. Seems like a very angry murder.

OMG! That poor family.

Right now I am thinking it sounds personal. Organized crime? Insane disgruntled ex-employee?

Wouldn't it take quite a bit of strength to decapitate someone? I find it unlikely that woman of her size and age would be physically capable of performing this horrific act.

Could Shirley been abducted to gain access to bank accounts, investment accounts or a safety deposit box? I hope that LE has looked into recent banking transactions.

Putnam coroner: victim was beheaded

...The sheriff says Russell Dermond's death in his $1 million lakefront home was targeted and not a random crime.

And Sheriff Howard Sills says they're investigating whether the killer entered from the lake.

"Absolutely it's possible,"said Sills. "This is a huge lake, it spans four counties and entry could've been made by the lake." ...

...He said they've searched the lake with sonar devices but haven't found anything.

"We have no more reason to believe this crime was perpetrated by water than by land," he said.

more at: http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...utnam-sheriff-sills-murder-interview/8816001/

Have they said what Dermond was wearing...PJs or day time clothing. The lake is huge and at night it would be easy to dump a head or body.

Have they said what Dermond was wearing...PJs or day time clothing. The lake is huge and at night it would be easy to dump a head or body.

Good question -- but no, I haven't seen that info anywhere.

They haven't said what he was wearing, just that they believe it happened Friday night or Saturday morning.

This crime is horrifying. I can't imagine what I'd do if this happened to my parents.

Twenty-three guests viewing the thread -- come join us.

At one of the links, the sheriff said Mr. Dermond's body had been moved "some". I wonder how much is "some". Was he killed AND beheaded in the garage? I wonder if someone was about to take his remains away and Shirley came home and surprised them ...? Oh, I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member