GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense hadn't read the emails? Is this new evidence just dropped into their laps now?

Judge says that everyone has had access to the exhibit, and asks if defense has had a chance to address it.

Defense said they have 5 computers worth of emails, and have not addressed the one email in question.

I guess "addressed" is a fancy way of saying "no we haven't read that one yet".

This break is for defense to review the email in question and decide to object to it due to relevancy, and/or if it's hearsay, not hearsay, or hearsay but an exception applies.

Emotionally cruel to leave her there and exclude her from the holiday. Another example of his controlling nature.

If "controlling" consists of financially supporting his family, providing safety for his children, and putting up with a manipulative, addictive personality whom he obviously loved enough to deal with her constant need for attention, I'll take it. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

NIH trials are voluntary. They require a doctor's recommendation in the application packet, which is extensive. She was also at Walter Reed. She had healthcare that many only dream of. That was not enough for her. When she felt she needed more attention, another "crisis" was in order.

Surprise! Adolescent daughters and mothers may have issues! Who knew? Time for Mom to play the martyr and come up with yet another problem that requires attention.

I call "attention *advertiser censored*".......... any "schizoid" dx is due to her addictions and medication roulette she decided. JS makes everyone with a bi-polar dx look awful, imo........

:floorlaugh:

You know, all this talk about AA - did JS ever actually go to an AA meeting? She should have a sponsor if she did, and we certainly would have herd from them by now, no?

I don't recall anything saying that she did go to AA. But it sounds good to tell hubby that when he is pressuring you about facing the issues, ain't it?

I have been paying attention. I'm trying to understand your point of view better.

I know this is an emotional trial but there's no reason to be snarky. I'm coming from a genuine place here.
(modsnip)

The man is a Colonel. Do you know what that means? Have you listened to his testimony? He is a very important man, one of power and control.

Let's see, there are so many examples and so little time to type it all up...

I guess we can start with the letter to her Doctor. He starts out by indicating how special and important he is. How he is just so busy because of, you know, international affairs. As if he were POTUS or something...

Then we have testimony that he was 'Strict'. And that he 'allowed' things to occur but never participates.

Surely you didn't miss his huge ego as he came in to the room?

The man has Bravado, no? Quite a striking figure in uniform...

I'll give you a few more later, i want to listen. Thank you for asking ;)

If "controlling" consists of financially supporting his family, providing safety for his children, and putting up with a manipulative, addictive personality whom he obviously loved enough to deal with her constant need for attention, I'll take it. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

NIH trials are voluntary. They require a doctor's recommendation in the application packet, which is extensive. She was also at Walter Reed. She had healthcare that many only dream of. That was not enough for her. When she felt she needed more attention, another "crisis" was in order.

Surprise! Adolescent daughters and mothers may have issues! Who knew? Time for Mom to play the martyr and come up with yet another problem that requires attention.

I call "attention *advertiser censored*".......... any "schizoid" dx is due to her addictions and medication roulette she decided. JS makes everyone with a bi-polar dx look awful, imo........

Nailed it! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8:49 AM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Attorneys reviewing emails between #JulieSchenecker & Parker Schenecker about executing HIPAA release

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
These emails regarding HIPPA release apparently are pretty damaging #JulieSchenecker

Judge says that everyone has had access to the exhibit, and asks if defense has had a chance to address it.

Defense said they have 5 computers worth of emails, and have not addressed the one email in question.

This break is for defense to review the email in question and decide to object to it due to relevancy, and/or if it's hearsay, not hearsay, or hearsay but an exception applies.

:floorlaugh: Ah lawyerese for 'we didn't want to'

Five computers full of emails?? Isn't that enough emails, laying end to end, to reach the moon and come back eight times!!! :eek:

How can it be hearsay if Parker wrote it?

I don't need to review the report. I think because she was driving a nice car, in a nice neighborhood and was probably very polite LE ticketed for drug impairment. IMO I think alcohol and driving at @ 70 plus miles in a residential area had more to do with her collision.

Fact:http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtsp/pdfs/2011/julie_schenecker_crash_report.pdf

Assumption:"I think because she was driving a nice car, in a nice neighborhood and was probably very polite LE ticketed for drug impairment. IMO I think alcohol and driving at @ 70 plus miles in a residential area had more to do with her collision".

8:57 AM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Judge: emails will be admitted. #ScheneckerTrial

bbm

over a long marriage with substance abuse issues, from what I have observed (alanon too) is that there is danger of the non alcoholic becoming as sick as the alcoholic.....

I would have been more impressed if PS had both kids attending Alateen as that program is geared towards young teens who need to understand that even though their parent is actively drinking it need not warp the kids and it does give them a safe place to receive support.

I wonder if the kids didn't want to have JS ''ruin'' thanksgiving or was that just PS's understanding(I appreciate he appears to have kids' best interests but their is an element of suspicion on my part that he wanted to look like the hero and have kids all to himself to punish JS -kind of like see dad is more fun than Mom

Well honestly I certainly see Parker as being more fun and much easier to be around. A lot of children are closer to their fathers than their mothers. It happens for all different reasons. Now here you have a mom that admitted she never even loved her daughter. How hateful. I am sure that not only infuriated her daughter but distanced her even more from her mother. Which is understandable.

I think he did his very best he could in the interest of his entire family including Julie.

Now I imagine living with Julie for 20 years taught him.... the best way to deal with a very horrible ordeal... was to spoil her, given in, try to solve the problems SHE had with the children so that the entire family unit could have some semblance of peace. He knew if she didn't get her way she would throw one of her hissy fits.

I think she used her mental issues to the hilt to get what she wanted, and it had worked for 20 years until she murdered their children.

IMO

IIRC, JS never attended an AA meeting.

Pre-HIPPA days, dad said he was seeing spider webs and made an appt. for the eye doctor. Sister called the HMO, explained he was having DT's. I took a day off from work and "appeared" at the door and "OH!" I'm going shopping near your HMO, let me give you a lift! Saw a psych. Dr. and was admitted to rehab directly from HMO. 21 days in rehab. and still denied he was an alcoholic. No AA for him!

Defense council argues that PS's emails are "hearsay"

State argues they are. Says topics were opened by defense on direct (prohibiting driving, requiring rehab, etc.) Statements made by kids influenced PS's state of mind.

Defense said the witness's state of mind is not an issue in the case -- it is the defendant's state of mind that is on issue. Statements and letters outside of court are inadmissable.

State argues that witness state of mind that influenced his conduct and decisions is relevant.

Judge said objection overruled.

Jury called back in.

No, that's why it's called "Alcoholics Anonymous".

AA sponsors have testified on behalf of defendants in other cases, so it's not unheard of. What is spoken in the AA meetings are confidential, but surely the sponsor can testify that the defendant had attended a meeting.
If there was such a person, it could give proof that JS was attempting to get sober.
The lack of such testimony makes me think she never attended a meeting.

Article referenced regarding AA sponsor testifying:
http://nadaytona.org/2012/05/13/alc...testifies-in-court-for-violent-felon-sponsee/

What does the "v/r" sign off mean?
Been wondering since I read the emails... TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads