TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about FLEK today. I would love to see this get on a national TV show. I wrote to several last July/August and didn't get any responses.

Dateline 20/20 would be great! I have noticed that 20/20 has versions for many channels. There is a 20/20 on the ID channel, OWN and others.

Investigation Discovery channel would be a good fit because they have so many viewers and they constantly show re-runs. A lot of their shows are ridiculous and over dramatized with horrible actors and bad wigs but there are a few good ones.

Tamron Hall Deadline: Crime, Paula Zahn's One The Case, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, Sins & Secrets and Dateline.

Maybe we can start sending messages? If they get enough messages they might take an interest.

Do they need the Ruff's to participate? It would be better but they could do a show without them.

Has it been established that " Lori Ruff" was a Kane?

If not, I've wondered if she was a " lost child" from a cult. I know there are threads about this possibility re: her ID or lack of ID.

I read a very interesting article about Synanon today and in the comments, it states that the FBI files on Synanon have finally been released.
Maybe someone with more legal expertise than I have ( and more knowledge of Lori's case) can find something of use here:

This is the main article.
http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/synanons-sober-utopia-how-a-drug-rehab-program-became-1562665776/all

This is the link to the FBI files, which was posted in the comments. I have not reviewed this file.

http://www.governmentattic.org/10docs/FBIfile...

While I have given a bit of info re: Synanon and their finally released FBI files, I think I need to say that I do not really believe that Mrs. Ruff ( whoever she was) was hiding either a " bad" childhood or a " bad family".

Maybe one generation ago she would have needed to cover up her ancestry or beginnings in life to be accepted in society but this is not true of any of us living today.
A person makes their OWN way in society, or fails to in our generation (s).
Obviously, Mrs. Ruff considered her efforts to succeed and belong to be a failure to commit suicide and leave a young child behind.

IMO, with my experience and degree in psychology, she was hiding her own failings, probably something criminal in nature committed in her youth. We can pretty much estimate the high end of her age when her daughter was born as 45.. women usually don't carry pregnancies past this age, within a year or two of 45.
Half her normal lifespan had been lived when she married into the Ruff family.
This leaves quite a lot of years for personal " failures" or possible criminal acts to take place.
IF she was OCD, she was likely a perfectionist. Past wrong doings would seem huge, monumental, they most likely mattered most to her personally.

The only things we know about her which are " off the beaten path" legally are the stripper work in Dallas.. and before that, the ID theft.
It has been put forth that she had a benefactor or other adult helping with the Becky Sue Turner ID theft and switch to the Kennedy last name. This may or may not be true.
I think a very smart young person could have gotten BST's BC if they were of a duplicitous and criminal nature to begin with, without any help from another person. Palladin Press published MANY softcover, short books on " How To Change ID", "How to Rob Banks", " How to Kill Without a Trace". " Hitman" being their most infamous book of all and the how- to criminal book which finally put them out of business. Their story of criminally themed books is a whole other subject unto itself, and it is fascinating.
Anyway, the books were not " deep reading". They provided a step by step guide that anyone needing or wanting to do a certain criminal activity could follow. A girl who had done something criminal who read one of the Palladin Press books or a similar book on changing ID illegally could have followed the steps and done it.

The books gave every step in the process. It didn't used to be complicated to do, and the younger a person was when asking for a " replacement BC" the easier time they had getting one.

I don't see anything overly smart or overly complicated in what she did. It's the WHY that I diverge from most of the group on. I think everything she did was to protect herself and only herself.

I think she had plastic surgery at an early age, probably around 21.
I don't think she was from a " criminal" family or an undocumented birth from a LDS splinter group, I think she needed to change her ID and her appearance because she did something really bad that she needed to cover up and get away from- committed a crime or crimes early in life, and possibly kept on being in the fringes of a criminal element until she met the Ruff guy and decided to settle down, or was somehow at the end of the line with running, and he was her last hope for anonymity; for her sanctuary from prosecution.

I don't think most posters here think of her as an almost lifelong criminal, but our society does NOT punish children for the sins of the parents.
I do NOT believe anything she did pertained to paternal or maternal relatives.
Boyfriend/ husband/ ex- husband, possibly, if she was an accomplice.

I'd look at crimes committed by pre-teens, young teens, a young couple if I really wanted to know who she was or why she was on the run. Personally, I don't think we will ever know because I doubt it was a nationally known wrong- doing or crime. And IMO, she absolutely was always on the run, in the end, unable to go any further. When the Ruff marriage fell apart, and her mental stability crumbled, this is proof to me that the Ruffs were her very last refuge from whatever it is that she had done.. which apparently had no statue of limitations.. or the SOL had not yet run out, or guilt caused her to take her own life, not sure which. The AGE of her daughter at the time of her decompensating might be significant, as young people often hurt or accidentally kill children younger than they are.

She was afraid of HER own personal actions in the past being found out. She was not running from anyone else's wrongdoing such as parents being shady or cultish. I am almost 100% sure of this. I mean no harm to a deceased person by saying this, and I wish she could have found someone to help her before she jumped off the train of life. Almost anything can be magnified in a guilty person's mind, and I think her guilt was overwhelming. Hence the OCD symptoms-- she was trying to focus when her inner voices were so strong that they drowned out rational thought processes. She seemed OCD when she was trying to block out the "bad stuff". I've seen it many times in therapy with overwhelmed people.

One last thing- being 5'10'' with a gene marker for heart disease does not mean she had Marfan syndrome. I don't think she had Marfan's. Peaches Geldolf said she had the genetic marker for heart disease, Lisa Marie Presley has it, probably half of us reading on WS do. It is not synonymous with the heart changes seen in Marfan's which are related to the connective tissue abnormalities with Marfan's.

Maybe this is a group of posters on the short side investigating Lori Ruff, but at 5'9'' and with long thin fingers myself ( my bio. father is 6'5'' and again, no Marfan's) so I don't see any red flags with her height. If I saw acromegaly or other bone/ joint/ connective tissue abnormalities, then.. maybe.. but she didn't have acromegaly.

The Tredyffrin public library "presumed" phone number on the notes page, is within an hour of Lancaster, Pa., a heavily Amish area. It is also just outside of Philadelphia and Villa Nova University (judging by her writing skills, I don't think she was a college student).

just a side note on that : my writing skills are horrible, Im a lefty and it looks like a first grader, and despite my aunt who partially raised me being an english professor and a published author (Step Dad a writer too) you wouldnt think I graduated grade school (my spoken word is perfect though, and I feel the need to correct others english) maybe she had my affliction in writing?

SEEKINGJANA, will you fill me in on the stripper work in dallas? I thought she had just waitressed at a mens club in Seattle?

SEEKINGJANA, will you fill me in on the stripper work in dallas? I thought she had just waitressed at a mens club in Seattle?

Sorry I don't remember where it was printed, but one of the newspapers reported that a guy she dated when she was in college said she worked as a dancer at a gentleman's club in Dallas.

We don't have any confirmed reports of her ever being in Seattle. The part about her working at a men's club in Seattle came from somebody that commented on the Seattle Times article.

Shout out to male who dated FLEK!!!
Can you come aboard for a conversation? We would LOVE to have you join us!
Please?

sorry i don't remember where it was printed, but one of the newspapers reported that a guy she dated when she was in college said she worked as a dancer at a gentleman's club in dallas.

We don't have any confirmed reports of her ever being in seattle. The part about her working at a men's club in seattle came from somebody that commented on the seattle times article.

do we have any idea which club?

ok though on that note ......lookie at this

Deja Vu Showgirls - Seattle in Seattle, Washington (WA)

www.stripclubreviews.com › … › Seattle Strip Club

Deja Vu Showgirls - Seattle Strip Club is located in Seattle, Washington. Get directions, unbiased reviews and in-depth information on this Popular Strip Club and ...

this is a cached page so anyone want to see if there is a Lacey I am at work and , well you know I can not be pullin up strippers lol! if you cant get to it I binged :lacey from deja vu in seattle 1988

Oh I didn't even see that sloane77.... only Seattle.
Too much to read thru, I'll have another peek.

Just for the heck of it I found this.... Nothing to get off your chair over but...

http://www.mdjunction.com/mem/19081

A Marfin Forum - this woman is from Longview TX
Birthdate wrong/occupation wrong... she could have been lying? FARFETCHED much? LOL
Also, wrong user name as in not using LORIKE

I found the reference to the Dallas nightclub in the Fox News article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

Apparently she used the man she dated as a reference on her student loan application. He remembered that she was a dancer. The investigator did not disclose the man's name. Here is the quote:

Records gathered by Velling provide tantalizing clues. The woman received breast implants in 1991 and claimed to have suffered from bulimia in 1990. Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”

“His recollection was that she was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub at the time [she was attending school],” Velling said.

It was also mentioned in the Seattle Times article: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

He tracked down a few friends and colleagues from years ago. One said she had been working as a dancer at a “gentleman’s club” in the early 1990s, according to Velling. A clue, perhaps. But no one he found knew anything about Lori before 1988.

I found the reference to the Dallas nightclub in the Fox News article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

Apparently she used the man she dated as a reference on her student loan application. He remembered that she was a dancer. The investigator did not disclose the man's name. Here is the quote:

It was also mentioned in the Seattle Times article: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

Yes, I recall WS'ers researching clubs in Dallas where she may have worked.
Baby Dolls I believe was one.

Just to get this thought off my mind... could she have been a 'Traveller'?...aka... from a Gypsy clan? Not too far fetched if you think about it. If she disconnected herself from the group - hiding and changing her name would be imperative. And when her MIL asked her about her family and FLEK replied.. 'oh, we don't do that'..... well, it makes me wonder!

I know it is reported that she had no discernible accent, but it would be extremely helpful to know if she had any words for common items/situations that were different than her native Texan relatives. Did she call soda "pop" ever? Pee-kan or pe-cahn? Things like that. I would imagine even the most practiced imposter would slip up occasionally.

I've also thought quite a bit about the conversation regarding the wedding announcement. When she told the MIL that they didn't do that I wonder what the inflection was on that statement. Was it a brush off? Was she saying it as though she had never even considered it because her family genuinely did not do that?

Also if it was a brush off, what was the reason? Did she think putting an announcement in the paper would cause someone to recognize her? If that's the case why did she allow her photo to be put in the newspaper with her business association? It would be very helpful to hear a little more from the Ruff family. Just a little more information about her day-to-day could really blow this case wide open. Or even just someone who spent a decent amount of time around her!

I know it is reported that she had no discernible accent, but it would be extremely helpful to know if she had any words for common items/situations that were different than her native Texan relatives. Did she call soda "pop" ever? Pee-kan or pe-cahn? Things like that. I would imagine even the most practiced imposter would slip up occasionally.

I've also thought quite a bit about the conversation regarding the wedding announcement. When she told the MIL that they didn't do that I wonder what the inflection was on that statement. Was it a brush off? Was she saying it as though she had never even considered it because her family genuinely did not do that?

Also if it was a brush off, what was the reason? Did she think putting an announcement in the paper would cause someone to recognize her? If that's the case why did she allow her photo to be put in the newspaper with her business association? It would be very helpful to hear a little more from the Ruff family. Just a little more information about her day-to-day could really blow this case wide open. Or even just someone who spent a decent amount of time around her!

And the longer this goes on without a resolution, the more I'm inclined to think that the family doesn't want to know, or already knows and doesn't want anyone else to find out...

IMO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members