GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In early 2010, developed Tardive Dyskenesia in her mouth and jaw - involuntary movements caused by long-term use of anti-psychotics.

TD can be treated by tapering meds, but danger is mental health will get worse. However, TD can eventually become debilitating. For instance, JS was having problems with gait, with walking. May have caused the frequent falling that was observed. Had stiffness and lack of fluidity even now when in jail.

This is what I've been waiting to hear: taking notes so I can reference them later

Dr says
Celexa dose increased from 20g - 30g in dec
january increased to 40g and had been on that dosage for weeks leading up to murders.

Celexa is unfortunately not getting her in a good state of mind, it revved up her negative thinking - depressed state. Then she becomes psychotic, delusional that her and the kids are one group going to heaven together. She says 'We are going to commit suicide".

Jan 20th - Beth (therapist) noted that JS had slowed thoughts appears dazed at times, which is indicative of the thought disorder.

it is very telling = she didn't try to hide the crime. when asked where are the kids, she matter of factly says where they are. Then she asks what day it is because she has to car pool.

Opinion on post-it notes on door = She thought it was the need to be together with the family and not have any intrusion from the outside world.

Opinion on purchasing gun on Sat. and then killing kids on Thurs = probably sometime on Saturday, she started considering killing her kids since she then had a gun. She bought the gun for suicide of herself. Kids included in that came after purchase of gun.

She had psychotic thoughts that kids would be molested and harmed if she weren't around. So wanted to take them with her. Didn't want to leave them behind.

JS was interrogated, taken to jail, then to the hospital. Had toxic levels of lithium along with elevated coumadin levels.

having toxic levels of coumadin and lithium affected her during interrogation how?

it's interesting that LE said she was alert and orientated, and yet she showed delusional thinking. she wasn't affected so much so that she couldn't relate to some degree what was on her mind.

coumadin prescribed to thin blood to prevent blood clots.

Jan '10- Jan '11 she was on 10 different drugs that affect your brain function, mood, ability to sleep, psychosis. Lots of change in meds during this noted time.

Historically when meds are changed, it can cause patient to become psychotic, manic or depressed. her illness is very sensitive to these meds and changing them.

Opinion on her taking pain meds along side of MI prescriptions - Dr does not see pain pills/alcohol being a factor in what happened.

Ok so based on what I've heard so far, the key parts of his testimony I'm focusing on is the bolded bits. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I need to think on it.
Man, I do not envy this jury.

JS says Calyx used to be her soul mate, that Calyx could tell her mood.

No Julie that is just a young child idolizing their mother but they grow up and start to want to become their own people hence rebellion. And if you are a lousy mother you start to resent them for the signs of independence, that they want to dare venture outside the nest.

If I was locked up, I would for sure petition for a better bra!

Since Abilify was tapered and weaned, JS had downward spiral -- began drinking more, more conflict with daughter, more depression, etc.

Illness skewed her relationship with her daughter, not vice versa.

I hope PT asks DR what the shots in the mouth symbolizes. Would be interested in hearing his opinion of why she did that.

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

15 min break in #ScheneckerTrial

When at rehab at Windmoor, she fluctuated in her understanding of her alcohol problem. They changed her meds. Again.

After rehab, she continued going to her psychiatrist and therapist, but kept getting worse each week.

10 to 20% of people w/ bipolar commit suicide. By the end of Nov. she told Beth Marsh she was thinking of suicide on a daily basis.

Anybody remember the movie 'Raising Arizona' where the relative when asked if he wants a beer says ' does the Pope wear a funny hat?' then goes on to say Dotty (his wife) wants another kid. The ones she has have gotten to big to cuddle with...

Never recovered after getting out of rehab.

All signs of major depression.

are we in recess?

yes- at least for now... time for a dark chocolate blueberry roll and fresh coffee :) Already got my 4 o'clock rush cleaning done & dinner made; I turned up the speakers so I could listen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam