GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:17 AM

Twitter
carsonchambers

@CarsonChambers

State's rebuttal psychologist: I think if #JulieSchenecker wasn't mentally ill this was much less likely to happen

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 57s
Def asks #JulieSchenecker was a very good mother, correct...Dr Otto pauses

sheesh,,,triple 'suicide' good try Defence

Dr Otto

lots of people do bad things thinking they are right

I think Dr. Otto is getting tired of rhetorical questions...

Defense gets a significant concession from Otto - JS might have thought it was the right thing to do to kill her kids and send them to heaven

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 41s
Dr Otto agrees with Def and says, sure #JulieSchenecker could of thought what she was doing was a good thing

present tense that children are alive (when they are dead) Defence is suggesting that is sign that JS didn't know kids were dead because of her MI (((MOO could it be she believes they are alive because they are in Heaven with God ???<==========

Hope that Dr Otto gets a chance to say that

In her interview, she told the investigators that she shot her daughter and son. Also, in the interview, she referred to her son and daughter as being alive.

With a person with MI that extends back 20 years, is it possible that she could have not known that the kids were dead? Yes, it's possible

You and the police rely on the statement she made that she shot her son and her daughter? Yes, I rely on that statement

Is it possible that if those statements were accurate that it was also accurate that in her mind that in her mind the kids were still alive? It's possible

As improbable, delusion, impossible as it may sound -- it's possible? It's possible.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 &#8207;@ggome13 30s
Doc says its possible #JulieSchenecker didn't know whether kids were dead after she shot them def trying to undermine this docs org opinion

Jeff Patterson &#8207;@WFLAJeff · 12m
#ScheneckerTrial Dr says #JulieSchenecker was a caring and loving mother who's parental abilities were compromised by her mental illness

Trial Queen Sharee &#8207;@TrialQnSharee 1m
Dr Otto: #JulieSchenecker expressed regret or remorse everytime she talked to me

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 &#8207;@ggome13 1m
A lot of possible scenarios the def getting doc to agree to. Doc believes #JulieSchenecker was remorseful 4killings

JS expressed remorse, correct?

Dr. O: she certainly expressed remorse to me. Without a doubt, she expressed regret or remorse about killing her children.

At one point she referenced apologizing to the children.

Isn't it possible that these expression are honest? Yes

Dr. O truly believes JS terribly regrets and feels remorse about killing her children.

Could someone with that depth of emotion could feel that way at the time of the killing -- or a moment after the incident? Yes

Isn't it possible that a person expressing sorrow and remorse could be suggesting that they're wrong? Yes, that's my point

Isn't it possible that an expression of those thoughts and feelings isn't necessarily an understanding of the wrongfulness of her act, but that it happened? Yes, a person may feel the action was right, but feel horrible about it

Isn't it possible that that was the context? She it was necessary to do,but felt horrible about it. I don't deny the possibility, although I don't believe the evidence points to that fact

The term "massacre" is fairly common, correct? Yes

Could it be possible that she used the term "massacre" referring to something that had to be done. Yes

Maybe using the word "evil" meant something different on her part. People use the word "evil" differently.

She was a good and loyal mother until the mental illness got worse and the substance abuse.

I kind of like this defense attorney. Same for the prosecutor

I like this defense attny too and I really think it would have been better for JS's case if he would have been the one to question all witnesses.
Unfortunately the female defense attny (not sure of her name) has a very monotone voice that is very difficult to listen to. She reads her questions from her notepad like she's a census taker.
My mind wanders a lot when she is up and I know that I missed a lot of testimony because of it.
I hope the jury did a better job at keeping themselves engaged.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 &#8207;@ggome13 21s
Ok now we are splitting hairs on the word "evil" everyone interpretation words differently. Get it #JulieSchenecker

the significance of her ensuring that she didn't tell anyone in advance of killing the children she didn't want to be stopped....defence suggests she was on a mission (((interesting))))

Dr Otto suggests she knew other people knew it is wrong...

Many people have different views from others is NOT sign of mental illness Dr Otto

Annnnnnnd cue "The Fog"....

the-fog-o.gif

Does anyone know if any other of JS's family members Paternal or Maternal suffer from any MI (Depression or Bipolar, ect.) I know she has a sister and brother...I am curious as Depression runs rampant in my family on my mom's side. 4 of my mom's sisters out of 5 girls. I too suffer from depression, as well as one of my sisters and her daughter (my niece.) I can't find anything on JS's family. TIA~

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 &#8207;@ggome13 28s
It is possible that #JulieSchenecker thought she was doing the right thing that day, says doc. Wow that undermines his opinion

I like this defense attny too and I really think it would have been better for JS's case if he would have been the one to question all witnesses.

Unfortunately the female defense attny (not sure of her name) has a very monotone voice that is very difficult to listen to. She reads her questions from her notepad like she's a census taker.

My mind wanders a lot when she is up and I know that I missed a lot of testimony because of it.

I hope the jury did a better job at keeping themselves engaged.

Totally agree.

The defense attorney is gaining some ground during this cross examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong