GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

I'm relieved for her husband, who had been considered a suspect in some peoples eyes. Now he's totally cleared. &, while this is a tragic loss for him and her family, at least there is closure for him and resolution of the case and Kelly can be properly buried and mourned.

Im relieved her mom ,sister and brother have closure!

I was both saddened and relieved to hear this news today. Rest in peace sweet Kelli and hugs to those who love her.

I wonder where the tip came from? At the conference they said thanks to a citizen. If it was Holbert, I would imagine they would have called him a suspect.

:please: We prayed for this day. :please:

RIP Kelli

I don't think any of us thought the possibility of Kelli being found alive was likely, but I'm still sad to know for sure. However, I'm glad she has been located and can be put to rest by her family.

I wish NH would have led LE to her remains two years ago, but I suppose "at least" he did it now. So many others do not...for example, Randy Allen Taylor, who was recently found guilty of killing Alexis Murphy and is suspected of killing Samantha Clarke, will not give up the location of their remains. I am glad Kelli's family can at least know her remains were found (and I'm glad an arrest has been made).

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....
If a missing person is last seen with a RSO, the RSO is likely the duck (so to speak). It was certainly the case here.

Rest in peace, Kelli.

I wonder where the tip came from? At the conference they said thanks to a citizen. If it was Holbert, I would imagine they would have called him a suspect.

Bordeaux's remains were located one mile north of Interstate 295 on River Road with the assistance of the suspect. Pictures from Chopper 11 HD showed crime scene investigators removing evidence from a wooded area.

Then in presser they said citizen. I guess we will learn what happen soon.

It's likely her remains never would have been found with the amount of thick forest/woods in and around that area. She was so close, really, but searchers never looked in that area. Even if they had, she could have been missed.

There were all kinds of theories the first year she was gone -- one had her going AWOL from the army, running away and hiding out in a cave somewhere (I guess Bin Laden style). Or hiding somewhere on a beach sipping cocktails.

Several theories had her husband sneaking into town from FL, somehow without being detected through a cell phone, and "following" her and Nick Holbert from the bar, where he just so happened to snatch her right off the street at the moment when Nick dropped her off 1/4 mi from her apt. Why that seemed more likely than the RSO who had a bizarre story that made no sense being the perp is anyone's guess.

LE said from the beginning that Holbert was their POI, but I guess they weren't believed. The probable was often discarded in favor of the bizarre. And somewhere along the course of the first year, Holbert was imagined by some to be a misunderstood young man whose violent sex offense against a 5 yr old when Holbert was 16, was just an indiscretion that shouldn't count and Holbert was being setup to take the fall for Kelli's disappearance. This particular theory had KB's husband coming to town and somehow doing the deed and setting up the RSO (who the husband never met or knew). Ridiculous.

Horses vs Zebras.

I am so thankful Kelli has been found. Now her loved ones can give her a proper burial instead of her lying out in the elements. I prayed so hard for this day.

Rest in peace, Kelli. GB her family and friends.

Now that Kelli has been found, all of the theories, right or wrong, are of no use anymore. Whether anyone was right or wrong is beside the point now.

Just IMO.

Any information on how Kelli was killed?

From what I've heard there are multiple theories floating around from drugs to beatings to suffocation. None are concrete until they examine the body.

Im relieved her mom ,sister and brother have closure!

Of course. They are part of the "family" mentioned. A compassionate person would have relief for her husband, even though they were headed in the direction of a separation and possibly divorce. Imagine being pointed at as the murderer of a beautiful young woman by people on the Interwebs. That on top of the sadness of a mysterious disappearance. Double whammy.

I'm sad Kelli was found deceased but I sadly felt she was no longer alive. RIP Kelli. My sincere sympathy to those who loved her.
The arrested man was who I felt did it.
I wonder how many times he was interviewed by LE.

Bordeaux's remains were located one mile north of Interstate 295 on River Road with the assistance of the suspect. Pictures from Chopper 11 HD showed crime scene investigators removing evidence from a wooded area.

Then in presser they said citizen. I guess we will learn what happen soon.

BBM
Interesting the killer helped find her. Then again I doubt anyone would forget where they hid a body.

BBM
Interesting the killer helped find her. Then again I doubt anyone would forget where they hid a body.

It was certainly not alluded to in the press conference, but I have to wonder if agreement not to seek the death penalty was negotiated in exchange for giving up the location of her remains. I honestly feel that she would have never been found if he had not told.

I live in fayetteville where she lived, and I am married army. This case was hard for everyone here. I was shocked they actually found her..we all kinda knew who did it but figured he would never confess. I am so happy this is finally over!

Sorry to hear that she is, in fact, deceased. Her family doesn't have to wonder where she is anymore. Condolences to them.

Rest gently, Kelli.
I am sorry that you did not get to live out your life ; my utmost condolences to all who loved you !

And may justice be swift.

I wonder, too, lowes -- it seemed to me that the Fayetteville C.O.Police tried to differentiate the info/tip from the "citizen" and the info/whatever from Holbert. I certainly (& I could be wrong) felt that the Chief meant two different people. Could the citizen have been hunting or fishing and noticed something unusual? And like you, I don't see the Chief referring to Holbert as a "citizen."

Let's hope we hear more tomorrow. I know LE can say just so much, since they are investigating & gathering as much evidence as possible in anticipation of a trial for M1 and possibly kidnapping... We prolly won't be hearing much from here on out...

I am relieved that she has been found....and, her accused killer arrested. Never could understand how he practically reached hero status to some....a convicted SO...of a 5 yr. old! Never will understand that mindset.

Also, relieved for her family....including, most of all, her husband.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back