GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Yes, heart wrenching....

But I also notice she did not really say "sorry" for killing the kids.
Or that she wishes she hadn't, or regrets it.

She says sorry to all affected by her killing them.

Because she isn't. She's sorry that she hurt people by doing it, but (if the defense doctors are correct), she genuinely believed that she was doing the right thing by killing them, and apparently still believes that today. That whole thing about...."I'm an American fighting man...and I will stand up for their defense..." -- in her twisted mind, she "defended" her children

ETA: ...or...she's setting things up for a good appeal

Good grief, juror already on Nancy?? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back home and rewound NG to hear the last bit of the juror..
And just like perfect Nancy Grace show style, they cut to commercial while he was in mid sentence. :facepalm:

Isn't there anyone on that program that gives a count down to a hard break? Or does NG just ignore them all the time?
:banghead:

I think it is sort of pathetic that no family member maybe pleaded for some mental health help or going to a mental institution. Or I thought her statement might be something about that. I am also shocked that not one juror took the insanity possiblity even to a point of extended debate...I mean that was lightening speed. Her statement left me very cold...like her kids are in a better place...is that going to make anyone feel better? She implied that are doing great...her statement told me so mentally ill

this juror said that he worried if not guilty insanity...he felt she would at some point she would walk...well I guess that would seal the deal...although they are not supposed to consider the sentence

i still wonder about that family...the sister cried but the rest just sit there...no reaction...i think that says alot...

:scared:
o/t (kind of) Isabelle, or any of our other health pros, do you know what mental/physical damage, if any, to a person who is not bi-polar who takes those medications long term there could/would be?

Just saw your post. Any of the drugs can and do effect the liver and kidneys the most but certainly have impact on all of the organs, including the nervous system - this would be physical. As far as the mental effects, they would be closely tied to nervous system effects, slowed thinking, sleepiness, tremors, altered walking pattern for a few. The benefit has to be carefully weighed against the side effects. Psych drugs can effect different people differently. Psych meds are probably the hardest to regulate.

Good grief, juror already on Nancy?? Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i assume they are eager to talk...the judge gave their full names and you can bet media got every one of them down. I hope the judge got their approval.

Another Juror - T**** (she gave his full name, but i don't feel comfortable listing it)

Says he has 2 children 8 yr and 7 yr one boy one girl

he wanted to make sure that even if she was NGRI she would go to a mental institution. but if she gets released, what would stop her from doing it again?

Feels Beau knew it was coming. pictures showed his hand that he brought it up to defend himself. He had a scrape on his hand with gun powder residue. 2nd shot - gun was held up to the side of his head.

he had tears in his eyes, had to keep wiping them away, especially today when pros. drove it home by putting pictures up. he doesn't want to see them ever again.

He feels he did the right thing, unequivocally. he stuck his emotions to the side and done what the letter of the law stated. it gave you the insanity plea and with that, you didn't have any other option.

Wow. I actively fought against my feeling that the jurors would find a verdict quickly. This is the first trial I've watched start to finish and I just didn't think it would be as cut and dry for the jurors as it was in my mind. I think they made the right decision.

And to think of all the days spent to find jurors who didn't think she was insane!

I haven't been able to watch Julie's speech yet (do verdicts always come right when you have plans?) but reading the tweets did get me a bit verklempt. She's going to be a tortured soul for the rest of her days.

So glad those sweet children can truly rest in peace now.

What a horrible waste.

Dr Drew is talking about another mother who stabbed her son to death.

Jessica Murphy 29, stabbed son to death Buffalo NY

http://wivb.com/2014/05/14/police-investigating-reported-stabbing-in-north-buffalo/

"Court documents have quotes from what Murphy said to officers while she was being arrested. They read, “Everyone has to die. He had to die. I am saving him from going to hell.”"

Just awful. So this will be another MI trial I'm assuming.
:sick:

ETA: I didn't find a thread on here for it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back