Resolved OR - McMinnville, Wht/HispMale UP12399, 20-30, Willamette River bank, Apr'14 - Name withheld

FigTree

Reaction score
The body of an adult male was located on the bank of the Willamette River on April 19, 2014. There was no clothing associated with the body.

This individual may have had an injury on his lower right leg/shin:
Three long strips of apparent bed sheet material wrapped and knotted around the lower right leg (tib/fib)

NAMUS DETAILS:
Date Found: 19th April 2014

City: McMinnville

Estimated age: Adult - Pre 30
Minimum age: 20 years
Maximum age: 30 years

Weight (pounds): Cannot Estimate
Height (inches): 67, Estimated
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Strange: there are no breaks or fractures to the tibia and/or fibula recorded in NamUs, so maybe if there was an injury it was a soft tissue wound that didn't affect the bones?

Strange: there are no breaks or fractures to the tibia and/or fibula recorded in NamUs, so maybe if there was an injury it was a soft tissue wound that didn't affect the bones?

Are there poisonous snakes in that area - or anything that could give a lethal bite without causing damage to the bones?
Even a dog bite?

Further news articles:

Statesman Journal. Read More:
Body found in Willamette River in Yamhill County
The body was located on April 19 several miles downriver from the Wheatland Ferry crossing.
All officials have been able to gather is that the victim is a man between 20 and 30 years of age, of possible Hispanic or mixed Hispanic/Caucasian descent, approximately 5-feet-6-inches tall. They estimate he has been dead for six to 24 months.

Salem News
News Release from Yamhill Co. Sheriff's Office
The cause/manner of death have not yet been determined, and investigators currently believe the body washed up at its Yamhill County resting place from an as-yet-unknown location up the Willamette River.

Huh. Reminds me of a contractor we had working on our house last summer. He was out fishing and fell and got a horrible gash on his leg. He was too tough to go to the doctor, so wrapped it in gauze and electrical tape.

I was waiting for him to come down with some horrible sepsis or something but he was fine. Maybe the UID had a similar type of "flesh wound?" It looks like the only evidence of it that they could find was the bandaging.

A sketch has now been released...

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/june242014/river-body-kh.php

Police Need Help to ID Body Found in Willamette River
Salem-News.com Staff

(McMINNVILLE, Ore. ) - On April 19th, the body of an unidentified male was found along the banks of the Willamette River in Yamhill County.

The investigation is still ongoing into identifying who the subject is.

The body was examined by a Forensic Anthropologist from the State Medical Examiners Office and they gave the following general description. 20-30 years of age, Hispanic or possible mixture of Caucasian/Hispanic, and 5'3" to 5'8".

river_body.jpg

Thanks CTaylor for adding the sketch!

I was interested to read in that article:

Due to the state of decomposition, there were no visible identifying marks on the body. The victim also had a "bandage" around his lower right leg indicating a possible injury or a chronic condition like tendonitis.
My bold...

I am not sure if it is a reporting assumption or a medical opinion -
but I thought I would place it here for reference.

Thanks CTaylor for adding the sketch!

I was interested to read in that article:

My bold...

I am not sure if it is a reporting assumption or a medical opinion -
but I thought I would place it here for reference.

So maybe he just had an ace-wrap type of bandage? I guess due to the condition of the remains it was impossible to tell if it was a wound/acute injury vs. a chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. tendonitis). Thanks for the bump, astridxx.

What a lovely recon. I wish the right person would see it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back