Do Houston bayous hide gruesome sights?

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Do-Houston-bayous-hide-gruesome-sights-5488024.php

Tim Miller, director of Texas Equusearch, said his volunteer crews have evidence that 127 vehicles are submerged in the bayous. Miller said there are potential environmental and safety hazards of having cars corroding the city's waterways...

In recent months, Miller said many bodies have been discovered in vehicles in Texas and around the country, compelling him to go public with the information. He cited two cases from April, one in which police in South Dakota found the bodies of two teens who disappeared 42 years ago. Later that month, police found skeletal remains inside a truck recovered from a North Texas lake of a woman missing for 35 years...

Miller plans to speak before City Council this week, to present a plan to recover the vehicles from the bayous. He said Equusearch has equipment that could remove the vehicles intact, even those that are decades old.

He said he initially took the findings of the 127 vehicles to a Houston Police Department detective, whom he would not name, in 2011, shortly after making the discovery. He said he was told to keep quiet because the city didn't have money to recover the vehicles.

Wow! Tim Miller Rocks IMO! He has always rocked, and always sees it through to do the right thing. Good On Him I say!

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/02/04/cranes-to-lift-vehicles-from-houston-bayous/22889179/

There's an ongoing effort to remove more than a hundred vehicles submerged in Houston's bayous which are popular dumping grounds for criminals. Organizers hope to use barges with cranes to lift vehicles onto banks so Houston Police can examine them before proper disposal...

Tuesday, on a return trip, Equusearch's sonar boat literally stumbled over two vehicles stacked on top of each other. Equusearch's Tim Miller said, "When our boat hit the top of a car, right away I thought, what's gonna happen when a family in a canoe and they hit one of these and tip over?"...

Some hope that clearing the waterways will also clear some criminal cases. Miller said, "Am I gonna say one of these has a body in it? No. But I'm certainly not going to say they don't."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back