GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Here's an article written by Mandy McGlothlin who interviewed some of the jurors.

[URL="http://www.darrenkavinoky.com/justice-for-caylx-and-beau-schenecker/"]http://www.darrenkavinoky.com/justice-for-caylx-and-beau-schenecker/[/URL]

Wow, sounds like they put a lot of blame on PS. I tend to cut him some slack but we'll see, this is just the first installment, part 2 coming soon.
Should be very interesting, the inside scoop.

Wow BBJ ~
Thank you so much for sharing this article! It's a very interesting read. I cannot wait for part 2....they fed me just enough crumbs to get my mouth watering :wink: I'll be checking in all day for the rest of the interview!

You're welcome, Dmacky!

I know, I can't wait either. Wish she had said when to expect the 2nd one.

Here's something more...
A letter from JS to a minister..

http://www.chathousenews.com/2014/05/schenecker-writes-hillsborough-minister.html

I am so glad you have came out of "lurksville" and started posting Bar Bee Jay!
You have shared some really great information since you have joined.

I have never heard of chathouse news, an I appreciate that link! There was another article in there about Joran-van-der-Sloot that was a shock to me. He is getting married to a girl that HE got pregnant! Are you kidding me??!!
I had always assumed that Peruvian prisons were really tough... But it sounds like it's not so much a prison after all. Geeezz I am sitting on my hands to avoid typing something that may get me in trouble :banghead: But if you could read my mind. Unbelievable!!!

http://www.***********.com/2014/05/joran-van-der-sloot-to-marry-in-peruvian-prison-become-father/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot/

Here is the email that JS sent to her mom, who then called Tampa Police for a welfare check. This may be old news to you all, but I had never seen it and wanted to share it with those of you that may have also missed it.

On Thursday, January 27 at 8:54 p.m., Schenecker sent that email to her mother, father, brother and sister. It was disjointed and contained typos.

Police believe sometime that day she shot her 13-year-old son Beau twice in the head as she drove him home from soccer practice. Then, they say, she parked the van, went inside the family home, and shot her 16-year-old daughter, Calyx.

Schenecker starts her email by saying, "you;'ve always been there for me. Giving support and guide,ce that i've need" She goes on to say she couldn't have lived 50 years without it.

Later, Schenecker talks about her children, and in the middle of it types a chilling sentence.

"some day i'll get to all the answers. It's really difficult and i'm so sickmentally-i do the jobsviv{e to do I minimally take of the kids.ksadly to sad. beaus has aslo developed calyx's attitde=makes me cry evening. seeingwhat they've become. as far as a 180from their former daring selves. i will end this soon. though I am at my wits end parker shold be without his mom here...that is not wits end until you taken on dinner and carpooling before and after sports. conflicts of games...etc"

Her mother forwarded the email to Schenecker's husband, Parker, who was serving in U.S. Army intelligence in Qatar at the time."Have tried to call Julie on both home & cell," she writes. "Also Beau & sent Beau a text to call me right now. Very concerned about Julie."

She called police to do a welfare check and at 7:39 a.m. on January 28, they found the bodies of the two children.

Link below

http://www.wfla.com/story/24487170/e-mail-reveals-julie-scheneckers-chilling-words

You're welcome, Dmacky!

I know, I can't wait either. Wish she had said when to expect the 2nd one.

Here's something more...
A letter from JS to a minister..

http://www.chathousenews.com/2014/05/schenecker-writes-hillsborough-minister.html

In case anyone was wondering about the verse she sites at the end, here is the NIV version of Jer 29:11 --

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I was thinking about this case earlier and I remember some comments that some of us made (and which I agreed with) about PS's vasectomy. Initially we all said "thank goodness, because she would have killed more children".

It occured to me that it is also sad because PS cannot choose to have another child in the future. Andrea Yates' husband and Dr. Petit both went on to have families after losing their children. Not that it replaces the ones that they lost; it just dawned on me that he no longer has that choice.

I don't think there was anything that anyone could have done to prevent this. JS demonstrated that she was very determined to murder her children. I believe that she suffered from MI and it's not as simple as "just take your medication." Most of those medications bring more trouble with their side effects than benefits. It is very frustrating to play the medicine game with these pyschiatrists. "Oh? That medication made you so dizzy that you fell and hit your head? Ok, we'll just add some welbutrin. Oh? You woke up in a blind rage after taking that antidepressant? We'll add some Buspar" In the meantime the client is all jacked up, can't taste their food, has no sex drive and many clients put on a ton of weight.
And the feelings/inclinations don't go away! You're just so doped up you can't get up and hurt yourself. But at least you'll shut up and stop annoying people around you. It's like being put in a chemical straitjacket.

The truth is we don't even know how half of these medications work. They give antidepressants because of a chemical imbalance in our brains, but have ANY OF YOU EVER HAD ONE TEST THAT SHOWED YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SERATONIN LEVELS IN YOUR BRAIN? I know I haven't. Ever had a spinal tap? I'm not saying it doesn't work for some, but if you've ever been through it with these doctors you would understand why JS ended up going completely out of control.

Question for anyone who knows:

Does the guilty verdict mean she is ineligible for transfer to a lock-down psych facility like where Hemy Neuman is? He got LWOP too but he's in an institution. Or will she just be kept in prison and forced to take her meds?

Does the guilty verdict mean she is ineligible for transfer to a lock-down psych facility like where Hemy Neuman is? He got LWOP too but he's in an institution. Or will she just be kept in prison and forced to take her meds?

Great question LM ~
I was wondering the same thing. I don't have a clue. Hopefully Minor4th will see this question and give us the correct answer.

I don't think there was anything that anyone could have done to prevent this. JS demonstrated that she was very determined to murder her children. I believe that she suffered from MI and it's not as simple as "just take your medication." Most of those medications bring more trouble with their side effects than benefits. It is very frustrating to play the medicine game with these pyschiatrists. "Oh? That medication made you so dizzy that you fell and hit your head? Ok, we'll just add some welbutrin. Oh? You woke up in a blind rage after taking that antidepressant? We'll add some Buspar" In the meantime the client is all jacked up, can't taste their food, has no sex drive and many clients put on a ton of weight.
And the feelings/inclinations don't go away! You're just so doped up you can't get up and hurt yourself. But at least you'll shut up and stop annoying people around you. It's like being put in a chemical straitjacket.

The truth is we don't even know how half of these medications work. They give antidepressants because of a chemical imbalance in our brains, but have ANY OF YOU EVER HAD ONE TEST THAT SHOWED YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SERATONIN LEVELS IN YOUR BRAIN? I know I haven't. Ever had a spinal tap? I'm not saying it doesn't work for some, but if you've ever been through it with these doctors you would understand why JS ended up going completely out of control.

Well said. Some of the "mood stabilizers" can actually trigger violence in some patients -- it's rare, but it happens. Just look at the side effects on the pages that come with the meds.

Once she arrives at prison, then the warden can recommend she be placed in a mental health facility -- that would have to go back to court for authorization. If she's found to be in need of immediate treatment, they can hospitalize her immediately under the "Emergency Act."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.43.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...enu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=mentally+ill

I just saw on the news that she's been transferred from Hillsborough Co. Jail to a prison transfer facility -- I think in Ocala? She'll be there about 6 weeks, and then transferred to one of the state prisons. Or to a mental hospital -- depending on whether the warden of the transfer facility can start the ball rolling on that.

Once she arrives at prison, then the warden can recommend she be placed in a mental health facility -- that would have to go back to court for authorization. If she's found to be in need of immediate treatment, they can hospitalize her immediately under the "Emergency Act."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...+ill&URL=0900-0999/0945/Sections/0945.43.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...enu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=mentally+ill

I just saw on the news that she's been transferred from Hillsborough Co. Jail to a prison transfer facility -- I think in Ocala? She'll be there about 6 weeks, and then transferred to one of the state prisons. Or to a mental hospital -- depending on whether the warden of the transfer facility can start the ball rolling on that.
I wonder if she will ever find peace. Probably not.

Thanks Abigail for your post #362.

As well, shouldn't LE and CPS have been able to confer with these medical experts regarding the escalation of JS's violence towards her daughter so they would have a better understanding of the danger Calyx was facing?

"... Under Colorado law, a psychiatrist can legally breach a pledge of confidentiality with a patient if he or she becomes aware of a serious and imminent threat that their patient might cause harm to others...

So it seems that in some states, imminent danger to innocent lives trumps the privacy accorded by HIPPA. I'm not sure on Florida's policy in this regard.

rsbm

It's my understanding that when LE & CPS investigated the slapping incident that no one...not Julie, not Parker, and not Calyx...no one said a word to LE or to CPS about Julie's mental illness. At least, it was certainly never mentioned in their report.

When Julie had her car accident, Parker whisked her out of the ER before the officer at the scene could get there to order a blood test. If the blood test had been ordered, she'd have likely been found to not only be on copious prescription meds, but also alcohol and maybe oxycodone. She'd have been charged with DUI or DWI, and probably had her license suspended. I'm not sure how long a license gets suspended in Florida for a first offense -- but maybe she'd have been unable to drive in Jan., when Parker left for the Middle East.

With regard to "imminent danger" - -it came out in trial (and I believe by the State during a cross examination - although they never did much with it -- that Julie had expressed homicidal/suicidal ideations while an inpatient at Windmoor in November. Her plan at that time was to kill herself and the two children with carbon monoxide poisoning. And...what did they do with that info? Did they keep her as an inpatient longer? No, they called her husband to come pick her up! Did they warn Parker? No, probably due to HIPPA. Did they notify her regular psychiatrist? Maybe, maybe not. He did say in trial (Dr. Obregon, that is) that he asked her in Dec. about homicidal thoughts, and she denied them. Which makes me think she'd said something about it to him before, or he heard of what she'd said at Windmoor.

Great question LM ~

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have a clue. Hopefully Minor4th will see this question and give us the correct answer.

Prisons have psychiatric units - so yes she could be kept in a psych unit if the prison

Does JS have drug and alcohol addiction? Or was this just an isolated period of overindulgence brought on by stress and MI? I mean for example, if someone drinks every day for two weeks because they lost their job or because they are grieving over a loved one, that doesn't really make them an alcoholic.

MI is difficult enough to treat on its own. But if she suffered from MI and multiple addictions, residential treatment would have been the only thing that could help her.

Excellent work, Abigail! I sincerely hope she will get transferred. Punishing her for her crime is one thing. Torturing an MI person by locking them up-basically boxing them in with their pain, delusions and confusion- is quite another.

I wonder if she will ever find peace. Probably not.

For many people that struggle with MI, peace is found in the moments when the MI is not in control of their lives. So if she can get the right treatment, she might actually experience some peace from time to time. It may be many years before this happens, though. She will still have to come to terms with knowing what she did with a clear mind. From what the jurors have said, the children were in a gruesome condition. I can't imagine living with that. I think I'd rather be in a fog.

Anyone besides me experiencing trial withdrawal? When's the next streaming case?

Anyone besides me experiencing trial withdrawal? When's the next streaming case?

Yes! I am in withdrawal too and was just whining about it over on the JA Sidebar. Next streaming case is Bryan Hulsey, accused of murdering Glendale, AZ police officer Anthony Holly. Starts early June. Check out the trial thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back