Moorers' Bond Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a bunch of stuff the media did not report the last time either--at least not right away, including that TM was handcuffing SM to the bed. The MB media sucks IMO.

JMO, TM miscarried but didn't want anyone to know she miscarried because she thought the pregnancy was her Get Out of Jail Free card.

Jack Lamson ‏@JackLamsonWPDE 4s
Tammy expresses concerns about getting a disease while in jail #HeatherElvis
from Red Hill, SC

Tammy will GIVE diseases while in jail...

I bet the inmates are worried about HER!

:eek:

JMO, TM miscarried but didn't want anyone to know she miscarried because she thought the pregnancy was her Get Out of Jail Free card.

Yes, I agree. As I posted before, chances of a viable pg. at her age go down significantly.

I wonder how much time will be wasted in court with her claiming miscarriage caused by incarceration. That HCG level was very early in pg, and the fact that it rose only a few points means it was never a viable pg. Any expert can tell the court that.

Agreed. It'll be interesting to see what she tries to pull next.

Jack Lamson ‏@JackLamsonWPDE now
Crying now from far side of courtroom - side that was behind Tammy. Can't see who it is. #HeatherElvis

Probably the inmates...

THEY want her to leave...

:tantrum:

I can't believe she was interrupting the judge and trying to talk. Who does she think she is?

I don't think she fully comprehends what is going on here.

Defense says Tammy Moorer is pregnant, judge rules bond must remain denied

McCollum argued that his client should be granted bond because of not only her pregnancy, but also because of her age during pregnancy and the stress of incarceration.

But senior assistant solicitor Donna Elder questioned whether Moorer is really pregnant, saying she refused medical attention after her second pregnancy test.

In the end, Circuit Court Judge Steven John ruled that the court for now considers Moorer pregnant, but that evidence presented at her bond reconsideration was not enough for her to be released. He did leave the door open for the defense to request another hearing in the future.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5f82382e-e286-11e3-b8ef-001a4bcf6878.html

she REFUSED medical attention...

if she is pregnant.... she is already abusing the fetus...

:banghead:

I wonder this also. At her age, hard to get pregnant to begin with; and if one does get pregnant, much greater chance of chromosomal abnormality and spontaneous loss of pregnancy.

O/T... But I wonder if those indecent exposure charges were connected to TM and SM trying to get pregnant?

:dunno:

And...

:puke:

Spoke to Hoppy by phone, who is unable to post right now but passed along more details from the hearing:

TM's demeanor entirely different from last bond hearing, nonchalance is gone.

TM's attorney kept asserting that Heather is missing, not dead. Said speculation that hair or blood forensic evidence was found is not true. Said his client is innocent, offered to let her be on house arrest with specialized monitor.

The day TM's dad died, she was supposed to have a phone call with him but jail phone wasn't working, thinks it was intentional. He died later that night.

TM's attorney said she voluntarily cooperated with LE, but solicitor said she refused to make a statement when first arrested.

This solicitor said this type of hearing not a place to go over evidence again and they're not going to.

TM can get more than adequate care in jail but has been refusing, so staff members are instructed to note any time she is offered any type of care and to note whether she complies. She has been offered prenatal vitamins and folic acid by three medical providers, but refused them.

Regarding the possible pregnancy:

TM has been taken to the hospital multiple times from jail, claims prior miscarriage(s)

3/18 Pregnancy test at Georgetown was negative

3/26 At Loris Hospital, TM's HCG level was 429.3, called positive for pregnancy, followed up with an ultrasound that found a questionable pregnancy

3/29 TM's HCG level was only 2 to 3 pts higher than before, should have been double that by this point in pregnancy, did not indicate a viable pregnancy

TM interrupted the judge as he was giving his ruling a couple of times, asking Can I say something?

The judge admonished her attorney to talk to her, saying if she stands up and opens her mouth again it would not be good for her, don't think it's in her best interest to speak, will give you time to talk to your client.

TM complaining about drug addicts in the jail, bedbugs, AIDS, HIV, herpes, MRSA, whole list of reasons why she should not be kept there. The jail's use of bleach as a disinfectant puts her at risk.

TM's family seemed to really think she would be released on bond today. At the end, TM's mother was crying, screaming This is ridiculous! Elvis supporters responded that it's ridiculous that Heather's dead, bailiffs asked them all to leave. At least two of the younger family members were there, did not see youngest.

In the parking lot, some Caison supporters were screaming This is going to get resolved some way.

Hoppy, please jump in with any additional info or corrections to the above as soon as you are able. Thanks for being there! :loveyou:

Thank you both for this. I'm curious if you can expound on her demeanor? I'd love to know if SM was aware of any of this happening. Ugh, what a mess.

Thank you both for this. I'm curious if you can expound on her demeanor? I'd love to know if SM was aware of any of this happening. Ugh, what a mess.

The best I can remember, Hoppy said TM wasn't looking around, chatting with her attorney, taking sips of water, that kind of thing.

I would assume SMs family and friends told him about the hearing.

I wonder this also. At her age, hard to get pregnant to begin with; and if one does get pregnant, much greater chance of chromosomal abnormality and spontaneous loss of pregnancy.

Agreed, and if she were still pregnant, and esp. if she thought that would help her in the bond hearing, she would, I'd think, accept any and all prenatal health care so there was no question of her pregnancy.

There was a bunch of stuff the media did not report the last time either--at least not right away, including that TM was handcuffing SM to the bed. The MB media sucks IMO.

AGREED SStarr! I don't think anyone reported on the handcuff thing, until AFTER Hoppy did-then they began to print it- but not say it.

Did the Caison Family really think TM was going to get out? Huh?

THANKS HOPPY and Okiegranny, you two are great.

A man is asked to leave the courtroom after repeatedly pointing upward and saying something in the Horry County Courthouse on Friday, May 23, 2014. The man was sitting in the same section as Heather Elvis’ family members and he began gesturing and talking after Tammy Moorer’s bond was denied

It looks like both sides are not able to sit calmly in court. Why? Another article said the Caison supporters yelled something, and then the Elvis supporters yelled something back. Why is this behavior going on? This is only a hearing; the trial is going to be a trainwreck.

If I were the judge, I would say no cameras allowed, and only immediate family members like parents, siblings, and kids (above a certain age). That might not stop this behavior completely, but the judge needs to put some strong restrictions to stop his courtroom from turning into a circus.

"A man is asked to leave the courtroom after repeatedly pointing upward and saying something in the Horry County Courthouse on Friday, May 23, 2014. The man was sitting in the same section as Heather Elvis’ family members and he began gesturing and talking after Tammy Moorer’s bond was denied "

Off Topic:

I wonder what that guys tattoo says on his right arm?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members