CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, was thinking he is a good looking kid...(young man)

I imagine there was something in his social presentation that gave girls/young women "red alerts"....

JMO

UC Santa Barbara is a tough school to fit into. I know the area well. My daughters 2 best friends went there and so she spent a lot of time up there visiting. It is only a half an hour North of us.

Normally, yes, you might think that a rich, intelligent, halfway decent looking kid would have some social acceptance. But UCSB is a very upscale student body. And I have never seen so many gorgeous kids in one place. They are known for their healthy, natural, lifestyle there. 'Surf in the mornings before class' type of thing.

It would be hard for anyone to try and fit in there as a 'popular' person, which is what this mentally maladaptive young man apparently desired. He was angry at the pretty blonde sorority girls. He killed 6 of them.

I woke up to the news this morning on CNN and almost had a stroke. My 22 yr old DD was supposedly @ UCSB for her friends graduation party last night, at the exact same place this massacre took place. I started calling her at 8 am and got no reply. Finally she called back at 9 and she had been asleep, in her own apartment thank goodness. She and her bf had a fight about her going to spend the night in SB after a party so she didnt go. I want to go give him a big hug and a kiss.

When he says he can't get a girl, he means he can't get a "10".

He wanted to be the alpha male. Won't take anything less than a hot blonde.

In his 'Retribution' video he says he is going to enter a sorority house and slaughter everyone. But, he doesn't because he is a coward. He does a drive-by shooting because he feels inferior and less powerful.

He looks like he is a pretty small guy, but even small guys get women. He doesn't want a woman, though.

I've watched three of his Youtube videos and I believe he was homosexual. He repeats over and over that he is attracted to girls in each video like he was trying to convince himself. He is so obsessed with it, but never once mentions a specific instance when he was actually snubbed by a girl. My theory is that he was actually mad at girls because he wasn't attracted to them and thought he was supposed to be. It isn't hard to find a girl to have sex with, honestly, especially when you have money.

I have a feeling you are on to something here...

He may have been sexually confused...

:waitasec:

Ugh. I have a feeling there is going to be so much sympathy for him. ~He just didn't fit in~ ~Why do girls have such high standards~ ~Why couldn't they give him a chance~ The entitlement he has is really common for a lot of young males, where they think they are owed a super hot girl.

UC Santa Barbara is a tough school to fit into. I know the area well. My daughters 2 best friends went there and so she spent a lot of time up there visiting. It is only a half an hour North of us.

Normally, yes, you might think that a rich, intelligent, halfway decent looking kid would have some social acceptance. But UCSB is a very upscale student body. And I have never seen so many gorgeous kids in one place. They are known for their healthy, natural, lifestyle there. 'Surf in the mornings before class' type of thing.

It would be hard for anyone to try and fit in there as a 'popular' person, which is what this mentally maladaptive young man apparently desired. He was angry at the pretty blonde sorority girls. He killed 6 of them.

I woke up to the news this morning on CNN and almost had a stroke. My 22 yr old DD was supposedly @ UCSB for her friends graduation party last night, at the exact same place this massacre took place. I started calling her at 8 am and got no reply. Finally she called back at 9 and she had been asleep, in her own apartment thank goodness. She and her bf had a fight about her going to spend the night in SB after a party so she didnt go. I want to go give him a big hug and a kiss.

What a fright! :eek:

I am so glad your DD is safe... :grouphug:

Why is a case about an entitled straight male and the objectification of woman being changed into a rampage by some confused gay male?

In his 'Retribution' video he says he is going to enter a sorority house and slaughter everyone. But, he doesn't because he is a coward. He does a drive-by shooting because he feels inferior and less powerful.

He looks like he is a pretty small guy, but even small guys get women. He doesn't want a woman, though.

Just jumping off your post...

I believe this is displaced self-hate...

JMO

Ugh. I have a feeling there is going to be so much sympathy for him. ~He just didn't fit in~ ~Why do girls have such high standards~ ~Why couldn't they give him a chance~ The entitlement he has is really common for a lot of young males, where they think they are owed a super hot girl.

I hope my post doesn't sound like that. That was not what I was trying to say at all. I was replying to another post wondering why a decent looking rich kid couldn't get a girl. UCSB is full of rich handsome students, so he would have had a lot of competition. True. But on top of that he appears to be a sick twisted pyscho, so that could have been his biggest problem, right there.

I do wonder if his Dad, being a top Hwd Director, might have made him feel like he had to have a beautiful, hot starlet, as his girlfriend. I am sure that there were some interested girls, who were lonely like him. But he would overlook them, because he wanted to impress.

But I also agree with those who say he probably had sexual identity issues/

I've watched three of his Youtube videos and I believe he was homosexual. He repeats over and over that he is attracted to girls in each video like he was trying to convince himself. He is so obsessed with it, but never once mentions a specific instance when he was actually snubbed by a girl. My theory is that he was actually mad at girls because he wasn't attracted to them and thought he was supposed to be. It isn't hard to find a girl to have sex with, honestly, especially when you have money.

That crossed my mind. Thank you for posting this, I agree.

Respectfully snipped. I'm so glad your daughter's okay, katydid!

Do you have a link for who was murderered? TIA

I'm very glad your daughter is safe and sound, and give her b/f a ^5 and a :loveyou:

I going to guess that he was a weirdo and a jerk and that's what turned the girls off.

That's the impression I got,seemed to love himself quite a bit looking at his other YouTube videos.

He didn't really have a terrible life it seems,seriously messed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The not getting girls is an excuse for something deeper and it is not about being gay,and I don't think he was gay.I do agree about the self hate and intitlement.

Do you have a link for who was murderered? TIA

I'm very glad your daughter is safe and sound, and give her b/f a ^5 and a :loveyou:

no, link. sorry. maybe I shouldn't have posted that as it is what my daughter told me. That is still rumor I suppose. She had a few calls from friends this morning. They were at a party on the same street that the massacre took place on. They heard shots and looked out the window and saw 2 girls being shot, one in the head, the other in the chest. The girls had been standing on the sidewalk, talking. The car cruised by and opened fire. :cry: :stormingmad:

My DD said she was told that he shot at girls, primarily.

no, link. sorry. maybe I shouldn't have posted that as it is what my daughter told me. That is still rumor I suppose. She had a few calls from friends this morning. They were at a party on the same street that the massacre took place on. They heard shots and looked out the window and saw 2 girls being shot, one in the head, the other in the chest. The girls had been standing on the sidewalk, talking. The car cruised by and opened fire. :cry: :stormingmad:

Wow that must have been horrific to see.

I'm glad your daughter is okay

I'm so glad your daughter is safe katydid. My heart breaks for the lives lost, the injured, the families and friends.

Wow that must have been horrific to see.

I'm glad your daughter is okay

It was horrific. And this tight knit community had a similar, horrific experience, when another maladaptive, rich kid, also the son of a Hollywood director, purposely ran down 5 innocent victims in his BMW. David Attias was found guilty and sent to mental hospital in 1992, i believe.

And yes, I am going to thank her boyfriend. Sometimes a little well placed 'jealousy' is a good thing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member