CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was horrific. And this tight knit community had a similar, horrific experience, when another maladaptive, rich kid, also the son of a Hollywood director, purposely ran down 5 innocent victims in his BMW. David Attias was found guilty and sent to mental hospital in 1992, i believe.

And yes, I am going to thank her boyfriend. Sometimes a little well placed 'jealousy' is a good thing. lol

I looked it up and Attias was released in 2012.Some Dr. said his bipolar is under control.

I, too, was thinking he is a good looking kid...(young man)

I imagine there was something in his social presentation that gave girls/young women "red alerts"....

JMO

I was thinking the same thing, although I think there are young women who will overlook a lot of craziness for a guy with some money and a connection to the movie industry.

The fact that the talks about "blond s****" makes me wonder if he was only interested in a particular kind of woman who probably got lots of attention from men and could easily afford to heed those red flags.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ucsb-shooting-elliot-rodger-retribution-video-2014-5

Quote:"Brown said in his press conference that the violence comprised about a 10-minute span, from the first emergency call at 9:27 p.m. PT, to the discovery of the dead gunman."

It is amazing how much carnage can be wrought in a such a relatively short amount of time (approximately 10 minutes)...

:(

JMO

he made a youtube video before doing this,is it okay to post it?

It was horrific. And this tight knit community had a similar, horrific experience, when another maladaptive, rich kid, also the son of a Hollywood director, purposely ran down 5 innocent victims in his BMW. David Attias was found guilty and sent to mental hospital in 1992, i believe.

And yes, I am going to thank her boyfriend. Sometimes a little well placed 'jealousy' is a good thing. lol

Omg you must have been so scared esp not hearing from her for a whole hour. Imo they listen to their BF not so much their parents!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/shooting-isla-vista-uc-santa-barbara-260505021.html

This link seems to have a little more information...

-various crime scenes

- general type of gun used

- shootout with LE

I am still wondering how all girls deceased could be from same sorority (if I am reading reports correctly... And if the reports are correct) and since the shooting seemed to be at a deli...

did the sorority sisters go as a group to the deli?

Did ER follow them there?

???

:dunno:

The not getting girls is an excuse for something deeper and it is not about being gay,and I don't think he was gay.I do agree about the self hate and intitlement.

He like has deep seated self-hatred and possibly struggles with sexual identity mixed with repression. Mix with entitlement and envy, you got trouble. A volatile mix right there. Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, and Fred Phelps come to mind when I see self-hatred, repression, envy, and entitlement come colliding together.

Murderous Envy
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

I saw the whole video of Elliot Rodger. He talks of hedonism and how everyone else has it good. He says some of the stuff that Seung-Hui Cho says. Both show grandiosity and think they are God. I suspect envy is the main driver here.

Seung-Hui Cho full video Virginia Tech Shooter - YouTube

Evidently his parents made police aware of disturbing YouTube videos prior to the shooting. Not sure if that included the last video he made on Thursday. I will look for the link. Has that info been posted yet?

Ok, I found it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-uc-santa-barbara-shooting-identified-family/story?id=23853918

"Schifman said in recent weeks that Rodger’s parents were concerned for their son's well being and reported his disturbing YouTube videos to police, which lead to an investigation. According to Schifman, police interviewed Rodger and found him to be “polite and kind.” He did not specify which law enforcement division conducted the interview."

"polite and kind"...I am at a loss for words.

I was just reading some news story somewhere (sorry, forgot to link) that stated his family was highly concerned about ER's youtube videos and notified police about him a few weeks ago.
Apparently, police didn't find any guns or anything alarming except to note that ER didn't make many friends easily.....or something to that effect.

Plumeria posted the link---thank you!

I was thinking the same thing, although I think there are young women who will overlook a lot of craziness for a guy with some money and a connection to the movie industry.

The fact that the talks about "blond s****" makes me wonder if he was only interested in a particular kind of woman who probably got lots of attention from men and could easily afford to heed those red flags.

I think he was only interested in hot blonde woman, because they are seen as the highest standard of beauty in our society. I bet he spent all his time trying to get with a sorority girl, but they all knew to avoid him. He was known in those circles.

Evidently his parents made police aware of disturbing YouTube videos prior to the shooting. Not sure if that included the last video he made on Thursday. I will look for the link. Has that info been posted yet?

Ok, I found it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-uc-santa-barbara-shooting-identified-family/story?id=23853918

"Schifman said in recent weeks that Rodger’s parents were concerned for their son's well being and reported his disturbing YouTube videos to police, which lead to an investigation. According to Schifman, police interviewed Rodger and found him to be “polite and kind.” He did not specify which law enforcement division conducted the interview."

"polite and kind"...I am at a loss for words.

Those police interviewers need to have their interviewing skills examined.
Polite and kind, indeed.

Add narcissist personality to that mix. From his Google Plus page he appears quote self-absorbed and just does not understand why being a world traveler, BMW driver, and son of a movie director can't get the girls he wants.
He like has deep seated self-hatred and possibly struggles with sexual identity mixed with repression. Mix with entitlement and envy, you got trouble. A volatile mix right there. Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, and Fred Phelps come to mind when I see self-hatred, repression, envy, and entitlement come colliding together.

Murderous Envy
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

I saw the whole video of Elliot Rodger. He talks of hedonism and how everyone else has it good. He says some of the stuff that Seung-Hui Cho says. Both show grandiosity and think they are God. I suspect envy is the main driver here.

Seung-Hui Cho full video Virginia Tech Shooter - YouTube

I think he was only interested in hot blonde woman, because they are seen as the highest standard of beauty in our society. I bet he spent all his time trying to get with a sorority girl, but they all knew to avoid him. He was known in those circles.

ER's irony, self-absorption, and immaturity ring out loud and clear: he was criticising the brutish rogue men that women date 'cause he was such a "sophisticato".... ...AND YET...

.....all he wanted from a relationship was the facade of a sexy hot blonde.

Sorry.

Schifman said Rodger was diagnosed as being a high-functioning patient with Asperger syndrome and had trouble making friends.

"There was an incident probably a year and a half ago where he was...he fell from a balcony at a party or was thrown off of it. I think he was probably a victim from my understanding of bullying throughout his life... I'm sure that had played a role in the terrible consequences from last night," the lawyer said.

more at same article posted above...LINK

or

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-uc...fied-family/story?id=23853918&singlePage=true

Add narcissist personality to that mix. From his Google Plus page he appears quote self-absorbed and just does not understand why being a world traveler, BMW driver, and son of a movie director can't get the girls he wants.

I was thinking that too as narcissists are usually envious, entitled, and self-hating.

From the same ABC article:

"Rodger was being treated by multiple therapists and was a student at Santa Barbara City College, said Schifman"

I don't know if it is OK to post a link to an article at the Indy but it furnishes additional background info and more about Elliot Rodger.

http://www.independent.com/

http://www.independent.com/news/2014/may/24/insights-isla-vista-shooter-elliot-rodger/

From the article.

nsightfully disturbing are the series of 21 “selfie”-type videos he posted on YouTube, including one called “Elliot Rodger’s Retribution” that can be viewed at the bottom of this story. In that, he describes the killings that he is planning to carry out just hours before doing so. Many of the videos feature Rodger speaking in a monotone voice, describing his loneliness and dislike for young couples in love and women who scorn him in general; others feature him driving around Santa Barbara, listening to 1980s pop songs by Whitney Houston, George Michael, and Phil Collins.

His words reveal a deeply pained and confused individual, caught up in his inability to attract members of the opposite sex. On one video, where he is walking through the parking lot at Sandpiper Golf Course in western Goleta while watching the sunset, he said, “My life is lonely and mundane. I have no friends, no girlfriends, no love, no sex. All I have is this, being able to walk in a beautiful place like this.”

He feels lonely and rejected.

George Duarte, a KCSB 91.9 FM radio deejay who goes by the name Xtek Overload, remembers Rodger from the SBCC Math Lab last fall. “He was always talking about the same thing, how annoying his roommates were, how he’s gonna move to a different place,” said Duarte. “He was constantly annoyed by people. Of course, when you’re that type of person, no girl is gonna want to hear you whine and complain all day. “

Yet he constantly complains, which is a turn off.

Elliot Rodger wants to be around people and has a pathological need for it. That is the opposite of Seung-Hui Cho, who is more comfortable with isolation. I am beginning to think that Rodger has more in common with Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, and Jodi Arias than Cho.

They are highly sociable and need to be around people yet they constantly feel rebuffed. Like them, Rodger is immature and act like overgrown children. They are also constant complainers, which makes them off putting to other people as they avoid them. On top of it, they are very envious and get set off easily with all the pent up anger they have. They are consumed by self hatred and have an extreme sense of entitlement. Rodger, Drew, Anthony, and Arias are highly repressed people, in terms of psychology and sexual repression. Cho shows traits similar to them minus the fact he was asocial.

The motive would be envy, feeling rejected, and pent up rage mixed with a persecutory mindset (not a trait in Anthony).

CNN has not yet identified the gunman, nor any of the victims but they are interviewing people who heard shots and saw some of what happened.

Edit to add at 1:27 PM PDT: CNN has now officially identified the gunman as Elliot Rodger, 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff