FL FL - Debora Lowe, 13, Pompano Beach, 29 Feb 1972

websleuths3_zps7349360a.jpg

Hopefully, you kind of like it. skin tone is off some, possibly should of gone lighter with the hair... took creative liberty with the shirt.....

websleuths3_zps7349360a.jpg

Hopefully, you kind of like it. skin tone is off some, possibly should of gone lighter with the hair... took creative liberty with the shirt.....

Thank You!!!!! No, you did awesome. Deb is actually a little darker toned, same as my 2 older brothers are. Lil Sis and I are the fair skinned ones.

I can't express how much this means to me. Finding this photo of her after all these years......having that kind lady tear the page from her yearbook to send it to me, took a kindness that touched me to my soul. Your taking the time to try to clear the image, does that very same thing.
I had forgotten about Deb's determination to have bangs that year. My Dad was very strict about us not having our hair cut......so Deb, being Deb.......cut her own.
I miss her so badly......want her found so desperately.....so we can bring her home....and lay her to rest.

SSA, I have read your sister's case and know that you have done everything you possibly could to locate her.

I sincerely hope and pray that you will someday have your answers. With Debora's DNA being in the database, there is a very good chance there may be a hit at some point. Schaefer may have died (good riddance), but there is still hope that Debora may be located.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, SSA.

SSA, I have read your sister's case and know that you have done everything you possibly could to locate her.

I sincerely hope and pray that you will someday have your answers. With Debora's DNA being in the database, there is a very good chance there may be a hit at some point. Schaefer may have died (good riddance), but there is still hope that Debora may be located.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, SSA.
Thank you. Prayers are our greatest strength.

We appreciate all prayers, they are our greatest strength. We have a saying in my family, we will get Deb home someday.....maybe not this day, or the next.....but someday. Thank you and God Bless!!

The love and determination of Debora's sister and family is deeply touching.
There are many people here who care deeply and are praying for resolution. Carl's rendering is simply magnificient!

Though the years have passed, we now have sharper skills and technology to lean on. That aside, I would suggest that a good place to look for additional information would be true crime writer (and Shaefer's ex-girlfriend) Sondra London. This woman wrote "Killer Fiction", purportedly based on "fictional" accounts of Shaefers nefarious activities. Hmmm....
I would also want to know what Vincent Rivera (fellow inmate of Shaefers who murdered him) might know. Between the two of these people, therein might you find some additional insights.

Caveat: I would not speak to either of these people directly, I would have LE or a PI handle this.

Please know that there are many good people here on WS that are sending victorious angels to surround you, and strengthen you. Keep believing! Someone knows where your sister rests....I would press hard on those who were closest to him towards the end.

God Bless You!

Note: As usual, this is pure speculation and opinion only. No factual data, just speculation.

The love and determination of Debora's sister and family is deeply touching.
There are many people here who care deeply and are praying for resolution. Carl's rendering is simply magnificient!

Though the years have passed, we now have sharper skills and technology to lean on. That aside, I would suggest that a good place to look for additional information would be true crime writer (and Shaefer's ex-girlfriend) Sondra London. This woman wrote "Killer Fiction", purportedly based on "fictional" accounts of Shaefers nefarious activities. Hmmm....
I would also want to know what Vincent Rivera (fellow inmate of Shaefers who murdered him) might know. Between the two of these people, therein might you find some additional insights.

Caveat: I would not speak to either of these people directly, I would have LE or a PI handle this.

Please know that there are many good people here on WS that are sending victorious angels to surround you, and strengthen you. Keep believing! Someone knows where your sister rests....I would press hard on those who were closest to him towards the end.

God Bless You!

Note: As usual, this is pure speculation and opinion only. No factual data, just speculation.

I try to refrain from discussing SL and all the money she has made off the torture and blood of not just Schaefer victims, but in the blood and torture of the victims of a few serial killers. We beg and encourage all to NOT purchase her books. It is not our desire to continue to feed her greed. We have read the book, we purchased it as a used copy so that she did not get any financial gain.

Schaefer was not honest enough, even in his writing to leave the answers behind that the families of his many victims seek. He was truly a monster. On the other thread, the one I started for my sister....I have video's of him. Such a sick and twisted evil person......but my sister is safe now, as are all of his victims. They no longer feel nor remember the things he did, for God has removed all of that from them....so until we find her, we just pray she knows she is very loved, and still quite missed.

Thank you for you kind words and thoughts. God Bless!!

Dearest Still Seek,

Yes, no one should line the pockets of those individuals who profit from these evil acts...*without* the express permission of the families involved. If the intent is genuine, then why not donate ALL proceeds to the missing and exploited children's organization, or something similar?

I am just pondering (speculation only), if anyone is witholding vital information that could bring these cases to closure. Seems to me that LE might want to reconsider that angle? This is out of my area of expertise, but I would theorize there is some legal remedy, if only a civil case?

You have to wonder how some people sleep at night?

-Roses

Dearest Still Seek,

Yes, no one should line the pockets of those individuals who profit from these evil acts...*without* the express permission of the families involved. If the intent is genuine, then why not donate ALL proceeds to the missing and exploited children's organization, or something similar?

I am just pondering (speculation only), if anyone is witholding vital information that could bring these cases to closure. Seems to me that LE might want to reconsider that angle? This is out of my area of expertise, but I would theorize there is some legal remedy, if only a civil case?

You have to wonder how some people sleep at night?

-Roses

The families of Schaefer sued SL long ago and won a judgement under the son of sam laws for all proceeds from the books dealing with his crimes to be placed into a special fund to search for those victims bodies.

She kept the case tied up in court for many many years, and finally it was ruled that as she did not participate in the actual crimes, and the money was not going to Schaefer .....that the law did not apply.

Yes, every book she writes, and every time she marries another serial killer....I wonder how she sleeps at night.....then I take comfort in knowing.....the day will come when she stands in judgement....and then she won't be able to avoid answering for these things.

Schaefer confessed to killing between 80 and 103 girls.....then recanted, then confessed, then recanted. Legal experts still to this day study his writings. He left behind no answers. He made sure to enact one final torture on his victims.....he did all in his power to make sure they did not get to come home.....but someday.......

I see....I am going to refrain from further comment on "the writer", as anything I would post would surely be removed. Suffice it to say, I believe in karma.

Now, back to the more important matter. Of the known and found victims, is there any specific pattern of disposal that has been identified? Has there been any discernable "heat map" developed of the disposal sites? Were they close to the crime scene...buried, water, wells, etc.? Any pattern at all?

Apologies if this has been discussed several times already, but it never hurts to revisit with refreshed thinking.

One other thought....he was a deputy. Did he work on any homicide cases? If so, let us take a close look at those. Was there anything he could have "learned" or duplicated from those particular crimes? Just a random, but interesting thought....
Or, did he study any particular case studies at the academy that he might have "borrowed" from?

And, I am quite intrigued by his superior who immediately brought him in and charged him for the crimes related to the girls he tied up. I suspect that was NOT an isolated incident...but the most grevious one. What else did the superior see in the time this person was on his force? Might be clues there too.

One other thought....he was a deputy. Did he work on any homicide cases? If so, let us take a close look at those. Was there anything he could have "learned" or duplicated from those particular crimes? Just a random, but interesting thought....
Or, did he study any particular case studies at the academy that he might have "borrowed" from?

And, I am quite intrigued by his superior who immediately brought him in and charged him for the crimes related to the girls he tied up. I suspect that was NOT an isolated incident...but the most grievous one. What else did the superior see in the time this person was on his force? Might be clues there too.

Gerard Schaefer was indeed a man well ahead of his time. Sadly, he put that to use to commit horrible crimes, and for many years he managed to torture and kill without being noticed.

The reason he was arrested so quickly and without hesitation was because of the 2 girls who did manage to escape. Two naked girls running up a road, obviously terrified, got every-bodies attention. Add to that, Schaefer heard it go across his police radio and instantly called his boss and immediately told him he'd messed up, he had done something very bad. He swore it was all innocent, he was just teaching them about the dangers of hitchhiking. His superior would have been hard pressed not to arrest him, given he was not denying he had abducted them, taken them into the swamp, stripped them, and tied them in a hangman fashion from a tree.

We have read everything there is to read on this sick man. There is actually much more information on him on my other thread. We have watched all of his video's. Just watching him talk and one can see the cruelty in him. The pure evil.

There are many girls missing whose families would like closure. Several of them have been missing even longer than my sister. A few years ago police did find a few of his victims. It was more the area, I think, than anything else that allowed him to get by with his heinous crimes for so many years. He took the girls to the swamps, he held them there, and then he left them there. Those murky waters and the animals that live in them do not leave much evidence and they are slow to give up their dead.

Read his stories on Crime library and once you see the types of things he did , often to innocent child, such a Wendy Stevenson and Peggy Rahn, then you will understand the pure evil in him that ran clear to the bone. Watch his video's on you tube, and I can assure you he makes a persons blood run cold.

Just please, do not purchase his books. SL is still profiting off the death and despair this man left. Not only him but the several serial killers she has written for. I am still a firm believer that all money from his books should have went to find the victims. I refuse to line her pockets with the blood of all those these murderous monsters left behind.

Leaves thread crying. I'm so sorry SSA. :( I came to WS, seeking answers, help and compassion during my brother and his wife's murder. I found it here, and have since, called WS home. I wish there was something I could say or do, but sadly nothing helps but prayers, and you have mine. I go to his thread, when I'm feeling depressed, or just missing Alan's voice. I still find lots of comfort there. Please let me know if there is anything I can do besides prayer. Debbie deserved so much more, and so do you. :( Kentucky gave us closure with our pain. Yours is ongoing. :(

I would never buy the books in question.

I am still stuck on the analysis and potential patterns that might have existed. I'm sure LE has done an excellent job reviewing data, and have exceptional minds to do so.

Rather than try to figure out the demented mind of the Perp, I would focus on the data and find an analyst who could do some predictive modeling. You might even see if a Dean at a top university might assign a grad student to help.

The answers are not to be found in trying to sort through a diseased mind; but in the known details associated with the victims. As bizarre as it sounds, it might be victims with the same last letter in their first names, or shoe size, or something random like that.

The data will obviate any patterns, if any. Those patterns might help lead to the earthly remains.

my sincere and fervent prayers.
God grant you closure.

Peace and victory be with you,
Roses

I would never buy the books in question.

I am still stuck on the analysis and potential patterns that might have existed. I'm sure LE has done an excellent job reviewing data, and have exceptional minds to do so.

Rather than try to figure out the demented mind of the Perp, I would focus on the data and find an analyst who could do some predictive modeling. You might even see if a Dean at a top university might assign a grad student to help.

The answers are not to be found in trying to sort through a diseased mind; but in the known details associated with the victims. As bizarre as it sounds, it might be victims with the same last letter in their first names, or shoe size, or something random like that.

The data will obviate any patterns, if any. Those patterns might help lead to the earthly remains.

my sincere and fervent prayers.
God grant you closure.

Peace and victory be with you,
Roses

I appreciate you thoughts, I appreciate your analysis and suggestions. Schaefer victims had little in common. They varied in age, he had no preference to hair color, or skin tone. He preferred runaways, and would use his patrol car to often abduct his victims under the disguise of arresting them for hitchhiking. Not always:
A better case exists for Schaefer's involvement in the murders of 9-year-old Peggy Rahn and 8-year-old Wendy Stevenson, in Pompano Beach. Both vanished from the beach on December 29, 1970. A day later, a clerk at a nearby convenience store reported a man buying ice cream for two young girls on the previous afternoon. The clerk identified photos of Peggy and Wendy, describing their companion as a white man in his 20s, six feet tall, around 200 pounds. The girls remain missing and Schaefer was never charged, though prosecutors publicly accused him of the crime in 1973. Schaefer denied the slayings publicly, but later confessed in a letter dated April 19, 1989. "I am annoyed by all this murder talk," he wrote. "Peggy & Wendy just happened along at a time when I was curious about [1930s cannibal Albert] Fish's craving for the flesh of young girls....I assure you these girls were not molested sexually. I found both of them very satisfactory, particularly with sautéed onions and peppers."
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/gerard_schaefer/6.html
21-year-old Nancy Leichner and 20-year-old Pamela Nater, are Pinellas County residents who vanished on a 1966 picnic in the Ocala National Forest. The case remains unsolved and both women are still missing. The forest has been searched, and searched, using many methods and not a trace, anywhere, after they were saw walking into the forest with Schaefer. He left the park alone.

Of the victims located to date, Susan Place and Georgia Jessup were found on Hutchinson Island in St. Lucie County, (1973) They were buried under a the tree he had hung them from.

Less than four weeks after Place and Jessup vanished, on October 23, 14-year-olds Mary Alice Briscolina and Elsie Lina Farmer were added to the missing list. Farmer's family reported her missing on October 24, while Briscolina's waited another week, assuming she had run away from home. Farmer's skeletal remains were found on January 17, 1973 (eight days after Schaefer went to jail), at a construction site near Plantation High School. Briscolina was found on February 15, 200 yards away. (Both girls were identified by dental records.) Following the April search of Doris Schaefer's home, Farmer's relatives identified a piece of jewelry taken from the murdered girl.

Leigh Hainline Bonadies. Bonadies was last seen on September 8, 1969 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Gerard John Schaefer was
named as the prime suspect in Bonadies' disappearance when authorities found her gold locket in
Schaefer's possession at the time of his arrest in the 1970's. Schaefer was never charged in
connection with Bonadies' case. Bonadies' remains were found in the subdivision of Boca Del Mar
which was under construction at the time in Boca Raton, FL in January 1978. She was positively
identified in 2004.

19-year-old Iowa residents Collette Goodenough and
Barbara Ann Wilcox left Biloxi, Mississippi, hitchhiking to Florida. No trace of either girl was seen
until April, when searchers found evidence of their fate in Schaefer’s stash. Among the items retrieved
were Barbara’s driver’s license, along with Collette’s passport, diary and a book of poems. Skeletal
remains of both victims were found at Port Saint Lucie in January 1977, but no cause of death could
be found and no charges were ever filed.

I believe the total is 7 found. Seven of the 80-100 plus that he bragged of torturing and killing. There is no accurate count of Scahefer victims. He traveled overseas and often bragged he had left victims there also. He lied as often as he spoke the truth. LE experts, as well as many other types of experts who have studied his case agree on few things, they do all agree he was pure evil. A sadistic monster who had no conscious. He took joy in the families he left behind, waiting and wondering. It gave him pleasure in knowing we were trapped in a hell of his making.

We take comfort in knowing, Deb is on the other side now. Nobody gets to hurt her again. He had no set burial ground for his victims. He had no specific area. There were items taken from victims in his mothers home, that still have not been identified as to who they belonged to.

So we wait, and we pray....maybe the next group of people who examine this monster will find a pattern, will be able to give us a clue. Maybe someone doing construction will happen upon her, or maybe someone already has and she is in one of the many graves marked unknown that Florida refuses to exhume.

To ease my mind, I do what I do. I try to find those long missing, give names to those not identified. it brings to me a sense of peace, and I pray if my sister has been found....there is someone out there doing the same for her.

Leaves thread crying. I'm so sorry SSA. :( I came to WS, seeking answers, help and compassion during my brother and his wife's murder. I found it here, and have since, called WS home. I wish there was something I could say or do, but sadly nothing helps but prayers, and you have mine. I go to his thread, when I'm feeling depressed, or just missing Alan's voice. I still find lots of comfort there. Please let me know if there is anything I can do besides prayer. Debbie deserved so much more, and so do you. :( Kentucky gave us closure with our pain. Yours is ongoing. :(

Prayers are always greatly appreciated. We consider them our greatest asset and it is from them that we draw our strength!! Thank you!!

I believe the total is 7 found. Seven of the 80-100 plus that he bragged of torturing and killing. There is no accurate count of Scahefer victims. He traveled overseas and often bragged he had left victims there also. He lied as often as he spoke the truth. LE experts, as well as many other types of experts who have studied his case agree on few things, they do all agree he was pure evil. A sadistic monster who had no conscious. He took joy in the families he left behind, waiting and wondering. It gave him pleasure in knowing we were trapped in a hell of his making.

We take comfort in knowing, Deb is on the other side now. Nobody gets to hurt her again. He had no set burial ground for his victims. He had no specific area. There were items taken from victims in his mothers home, that still have not been identified as to who they belonged to.

So we wait, and we pray....maybe the next group of people who examine this monster will find a pattern, will be able to give us a clue. Maybe someone doing construction will happen upon her, or maybe someone already has and she is in one of the many graves marked unknown that Florida refuses to exhume.

To ease my mind, I do what I do. I try to find those long missing, give names to those not identified. it brings to me a sense of peace, and I pray if my sister has been found....there is someone out there doing the same for her.

Respectfully snipped... I'm sure that Schaefer didn't ever dream he would be brutally murdered in prison for which is a small piece of justice; he is also burning in eternal hell. Even better justice that we know the significance of that day.

You will bring her earthy body home one day when we change the laws in FL. Until then; you know she is in your parents loving arms!

picture.php

I try to refrain from discussing SL and all the money she has made off the torture and blood of not just Schaefer victims, but in the blood and torture of the victims of a few serial killers. We beg and encourage all to NOT purchase her books. It is not our desire to continue to feed her greed. We have read the book, we purchased it as a used copy so that she did not get any financial gain.

Schaefer was not honest enough, even in his writing to leave the answers behind that the families of his many victims seek. He was truly a monster. On the other thread, the one I started for my sister....I have video's of him. Such a sick and twisted evil person......but my sister is safe now, as are all of his victims. They no longer feel nor remember the things he did, for God has removed all of that from them....so until we find her, we just pray she knows she is very loved, and still quite missed.

Thank you for you kind words and thoughts. God Bless!!

Here is the other post btw

FL - GERARD SCHAEFER - Where is my sister???? Deborah Sue Lowe - 1972

And for anyone wanting to support making every state have to get DNA from their missing & unidentified person's; see the NJ link below; look at the pages liked for your state or see this note

NJ for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

Of the seven found, every known detail of their lives and the crimes of their earthly passing should be entered in to a relational database...and studied over and over and over by a capable analyst.
I believe some, if only minor, answers may obviate.

Respectfully snipped... I'm sure that Schaefer didn't ever dream he would be brutally murdered in prison for which is a small piece of justice; he is also burning in eternal hell. Even better justice that we know the significance of that day.

You will bring her earthy body home one day when we change the laws in FL. Until then; you know she is in your parents loving arms!

picture.php

Amen!! as we say in my family, we will get her home someday....maybe not this day....or the next....but someday!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back