Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait ....................What?

Wow, so if I'm understanding correctly [b[the man seen carrying a small child, the man in the -fit, the man who the witness later went on to say looked & walks just like Gerry McCann ...is their prime suspect?[/b]

u4a2yhyd.jpg

:gasp: :eek:verreaction:

I really fail to see how anyone could seriously expect to find the body of Madeleine McCann during these local digs. The whole area was searched high and low back in 2007 and a (then) recent grave would have been spotted for certain, imo. If the prime suspect is the photofit guy who passed the Smiths, then he had already passed that piece of waste land. I could, on the other hand, conceive of some small piece of evidence being discarded there, but that's all. Jmo. I think the whole thing will blow over and result inconclusively, and then the door will close on this case. SY can say they left no stone unturned and the MCs will carry on fundraising in pursuit of 'finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her' (from findmadeleine official website).
jmo

I tend to agree. I think she was taken away from the resort and was long gone before the police even arrived.

I tend to agree. I think she was taken away from the resort and was long gone before the police even arrived.

Do you believe that the 'Smiths sighting' was Madeleine being carried away by her abductor?

This bit I put very little faith in....
I would bet a lot of money that at any beach near any tourist resort you can find "activity" over the years and any number of people who somebody might think are acting suspiciously.

So you are discounting all the people with pails and shovels who have been suspiciously digging holes there on the beach? :waitasec:

Just heard on the radio an area near the resort is taped off and a dig is taking place right now. Will try and find links.

Im excited. I believe that MM never left that island. I don't believe she was put in the ocean either. I don't know if this is the spot but I do believe she is there somewhere and that is where she will be found.

It's not an island Scarlett, the resort is on the mainland.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27659905
A 77-year-old man who has lived near the area of scrubland for 13 years told the BBC the latest search was "ridiculous".

"The police have been here before," said the man, who did not want to be named.

"We all helped search this area three or four days after it [Madeleine's disappearance] happened.

"I walk my dog every day and no one was digging holes."

The mayor of Praia da Luz, Victor Mata, said the timing of the search "couldn't be worse" and that villagers were being "punished" by the police activity.

He said: "With every search, it doesn't seem like we're going anywhere - we're going backwards."
_75241258_madeleine_search_624.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html

he first site to be excavated is ‎the size of at least three football pitches. The ground, which used to be used to grow cabbages, is hard and covered with bushes and thick grass.
‎
The land is said to be privately owned by a company run by Belmiro de Azevedo, a well known Portuguese entrepreneur, ranked by Forbes as the 605th richest person in the world and the 2nd richest in Portugal.
The new search operation in Praia da Luz, seven years after the disappearance of Madeleine, has provoked indignation among the local population.
One local restaurant owner in the resort said: 'There are tourists that even cancelled apartment rentals where they were going to spend holidays here when they heard about this police investigation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ugal-prepare-start-digging.html#ixzz33UPhxOnr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's not an island Scarlett, the resort is on the mainland.

I do know that. I don't know why I say that all the time other than it is a resort and I see pics of the beach there all the time. Sorry. That is just a glitch.. :)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27659905
A 77-year-old man who has lived near the area of scrubland for 13 years told the BBC the latest search was "ridiculous".

"The police have been here before," said the man, who did not want to be named.

"We all helped search this area three or four days after it [Madeleine's disappearance] happened.

"I walk my dog every day and no one was digging holes."

The mayor of Praia da Luz, Victor Mata, said the timing of the search "couldn't be worse" and that villagers were being "punished" by the police activity.

He said: "With every search, it doesn't seem like we're going anywhere - we're going backwards."
_75241258_madeleine_search_624.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seal-land-Portugal-prepare-start-digging.html

he first site to be excavated is ‎the size of at least three football pitches. The ground, which used to be used to grow cabbages, is hard and covered with bushes and thick grass.
‎
The land is said to be privately owned by a company run by Belmiro de Azevedo, a well known Portuguese entrepreneur, ranked by Forbes as the 605th richest person in the world and the 2nd richest in Portugal.
The new search operation in Praia da Luz, seven years after the disappearance of Madeleine, has provoked indignation among the local population.
One local restaurant owner in the resort said: 'There are tourists that even cancelled apartment rentals where they were going to spend holidays here when they heard about this police investigation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ugal-prepare-start-digging.html#ixzz33UPhxOnr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wow. A 77 yr old man thinks it was ridiculous.. Well let's just stop looking now.. :) That is the best interview the daily mail could get?
Since we know there have been people found living in back yards 20 yrs later, Nothing is ridiculous.

It is not just a 77 year old man who thinks this is ridiculous. Seems I once read that SY was one of the most respected LE agencies in the world.

Based on this case I would say they rank right up there with the Keystone Cops.

I'm cautiously optimistic....

Seems like SY has reached the same conclusion as the Portuguese police.

Starting to seem highly unlikely an intruder was involved....if they're searching for Madeline's body.
IMO
It's still like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm cautiously optimistic....

Seems like SY has reached the same conclusion as the Portuguese police.

Starting to seem highly unlikely an intruder was involved....if they're searching for Madeline's body.
IMO
It's still like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is more likely that she is buried there if an intruder was involved. I have no idea how anyone could come to another conclusion. They are using the phone info from other cell phones. They have been interviewing suspects to get this info..

If they find her so close too the apt imo the proves that an intruder was not involved! Who would steal a child just too walk her from her apt and bury her in the ground? There going based off of the fact that a "man" was seen carrying a child in this direction. & we all know who the smith family said this "man" was! Either way I pray they find Madeleine! No matter who it bothers in that town if it was their child they would want someone too keep looking!

If they find her so close too the apt imo the proves that an intruder was not involved! Who would steal a child just too walk her from her apt and bury her in the ground? There going based off of the fact that a "man" was seen carrying a child in this direction. & we all know who the smith family said this "man" was! Either way I pray they find Madeleine! No matter who it bothers in that town if it was their child they would want someone too keep looking!

But who says she was buried there on the night she disappeared? An intruder could have held her for a couple of days or even weeks, then decided it's getting too hot, killed her and buried her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave