Teleportation!

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Dutch scientists have unlocked the secret to the sci-fi phenomenon of teleportation, successfully causing an atom to vanish and reappear nearly 10 feet away.

The Irish Times reports that a team led by Professor Ronald Hanson of Delft University conducted a demonstration in which information encoded into sub-atomic particles was teleported between two points with 100 percent accuracy for the very first time.

Hanson says that, if a particle can be teleported, there’s no reason to believe the same cannot be done for a human being.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...say-human-teleportation-is-possible-1.1815010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally! My husband has been waiting a very long time for this.

I automatically think of the movie "The Fly"!

can't wait to tell hubby. We STILL watch star trek where we find it in syndication.

Gene Roddenberry was something else. If you really look at some of the ideas he had so long ago, and they are coming to fruition.

Dutch scientists have unlocked the secret to the sci-fi phenomenon of teleportation, successfully causing an atom to vanish and reappear nearly 10 feet away.

The Irish Times reports that a team led by Professor Ronald Hanson of Delft University conducted a demonstration in which information encoded into sub-atomic particles was teleported between two points with 100 percent accuracy for the very first time.

Hanson says that, if a particle can be teleported, there’s no reason to believe the same cannot be done for a human being.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...say-human-teleportation-is-possible-1.1815010

Was the particle marked? They all look alike to me.

Well, I do not understand entangled particles and how one might be far away and the other close, but it sounds reasonable if used for computers and internet. I'd like more explanation. For people who are Christians, this could explain scientifically how we will be taken up in the clouds to meet Jesus.

I immediately thought of Willy Wonka.

Does anyone really understand it? I sure don't, but it's interesting. How do the particles get entangled to begin with...

I automatically think of the movie "The Fly"!

Exactly.

I've seen STAR TREK, but I've also seen THE FLY. I will not be volunteering for teleportation.

I so wanna be beamed up, Scotty.

I bet there's a lot of sci-fi fans high-fiving each other.

And it really is amazing how sci-fi authors describe technologies decades before their time. Arthur C Clarke is one notable example. I think the good ones keep abreast of the 'out there' research of their time.

I'm serious, lol. It's fascinating. They think it would be years and years before done on objects, but it may totally change internet someday.

I'm serious, lol. It's fascinating. They think it would be years and years before done on objects, but it may totally change internet someday.

Just imagine shopping....
Pay with bit coin ...poof...the item I ordered materializes..

How cool would that be?

The physicists or science writers who use the term "teleportation" for this quantum effect are trying for a sensational title to tout their work and to attract attention.

It would take more than 3 million years to transmit the bits needed to specify the positions of all the atoms in the body.

Summary: It is very safe to say that there is no method for teleportation of human bodies that could possibly work or be practical in our universe. Sorry, Star Trek fans...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/05/23/is_teleportation_possible.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back