PA PA - Brian Wells, 46, Erie, 28 Aug 2003

I don't think LE is saying he was a willing participant in having the bomb locked on, but that he was in on the planning and at some point became an unwilling participant. That's why it smells.

With that: he would CERTAINLY have given them up knowing he was about to die. He would have wanted LE to know who was responsible.

If you are an unwilling participant that knows who victimized you - you spill it.

If you are an unwilling participant that does not know who victimized you, you sit there confused as to why no one is helping you.

Seems like a no-brainer to me but I hope the truth will all come out.

Who knows what the other people said to Wells. Well it looks like a bomb collar, but it has no explosives. Or don't worry we are your friends, nothing will happen to you. Or it is just to scare people but if you re caught pretend that it is a real bomb. Or.......I feel Wells was involved, but in a sense manipulated by the others especially by the women, who wanted Wells to rob a bank so she could afford to kill her Dad.

If Wells did was successful, who knows they might have killed him after wards to get rid of him and not have to split the cash.

I don't think the bomb was part of the plan as Wells knew it, I think when he was getting cold feet the night before, that became the insurance policy. I'm not sure he ever was going to live, one way or another. That psycho biotch in jail right now wasn't gonna let him live. That treasure map of sorts he was suppossed to follow to disarm it, was probably planned so the device would go off in a remote place, had he not been caught.

Who knows what the other people said to Wells. Well it looks like a bomb collar, but it has no explosives. Or don't worry we are your friends, nothing will happen to you. Or it is just to scare people but if you re caught pretend that it is a real bomb. Or.......I feel Wells was involved, but in a sense manipulated by the others especially by the women, who wanted Wells to rob a bank so she could afford to kill her Dad.

If Wells did was successful, who knows they might have killed him after wards to get rid of him and not have to split the cash.

Totally agree with you. IMO no way he'd agree to being strapped with a real bomb when a fake would have done the job just fine. If he was involved then he was manipulated and/or backstabbed.

The FEDS have a witness, another person in on the plot. He's UNindicted so I am guessing he got a real sweet deal!

I am still not buying it

Text of what Prosecutors are alledgeing where the events leading up to the robbery and after

entire text of the unsealed indictments. There is much more here than what's being reported

http://www.swnebr.net/newspaper/cgi-bin/articles/articlearchiver.pl?161405

W.R. as identified in the above link is William Rothstein, he's the one that helped wacko woman hide that body in his freezer....he's dead now.

There must be yet ANOTHER person involved that's talking.

There was quite a lengthy article about this in the Cleveland paper today. According to that article, Brian Wells was in on the deal, but was told the bomb collar would be a fake. At the time it was being attached, he learned it was real. That still doesn't explain his rather calm appearing demeanor as he sat near the police cruisers awaiting help. (?)

It also said that Brian Wells and Mr. Barnes knew each other prior to all this. Hope we learn more about the whole thing.

AMW just did a long spot on this... it was well put together and you can tell that AMW is on the side of the coin that Wells is innocent in all of this.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/13/collar-bomb-trial-jury-selection-begins/

A defense lawyer hopes evidence of his client’s volatile personality will convince a jury she didn’t mastermind a 2003 bank robbery that turned a pizza delivery man into a walking time bomb.
But that sometimes-abrasive personality was on display — and aimed at the attorney himself — when Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong cursed at him during the first day of jury selection for her federal trial in Erie.
“I either pick the jurors or I walk ... out of here right now!” Diehl-Armstrong proclaimed loudly to her lawyer, Douglas Sughrue, as they reviewed questionnaires filled out by 47 potential jurors on Tuesday.
Diehl-Armstrong, already imprisoned for killing her boyfriend, is charged with armed bank robbery and other counts for allegedly hatching a complicated scheme that left 46-year-old Brian Wells dead. Federal prosecutors say Wells was forced to rob a bank while wearing a bomb locked to his neck, a device that exploded as he sat handcuffed in a parking lot as police waited for a bomb squad to arrive.

More at link

Facinating case!!!!!!!! I happen to catch it play out live on tv. The case was/is baffeling!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/01/deliberations-resume-pa-collar-bomb-robbery/

ERIE, Pa. – A 61-year-old woman was convicted of participating in a bizarre plot in which a pizza delivery driver was forced to rob a bank wearing a metal bomb collar that later exploded, killing him.

The jury deliberated about 12 hours Friday and Monday before convicting Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong, of Erie, on charges of armed bank robbery, conspiracy and using a destructive device in a crime of violence for her role in the bank robbery that killed 46-year-old Brian Wells. She faces a mandatory life sentence.

Collar%20Bomb%20Trial_Mace_397x224.jpg

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/13/collar-bomb-trial-jury-selection-begins/

A defense lawyer hopes evidence of his client’s volatile personality will convince a jury she didn’t mastermind a 2003 bank robbery that turned a pizza delivery man into a walking time bomb.
But that sometimes-abrasive personality was on display — and aimed at the attorney himself — when Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong cursed at him during the first day of jury selection for her federal trial in Erie.
“I either pick the jurors or I walk ... out of here right now!” Diehl-Armstrong proclaimed loudly to her lawyer, Douglas Sughrue, as they reviewed questionnaires filled out by 47 potential jurors on Tuesday.
Diehl-Armstrong, already imprisoned for killing her boyfriend, is charged with armed bank robbery and other counts for allegedly hatching a complicated scheme that left 46-year-old Brian Wells dead. Federal prosecutors say Wells was forced to rob a bank while wearing a bomb locked to his neck, a device that exploded as he sat handcuffed in a parking lot as police waited for a bomb squad to arrive.

More at link

Facinating case!!!!!!!! I happen to catch it play out live on tv. The case was/is baffeling!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I would so not tangle with that lady.

She's skeery weather she's locked up or not. Can you imagine the person that gets her as their cellie?

I don't figure there is any reason to rehash this so here on my insights....

I think that Wells *may* have been in on it and here is why I think this......

He was known for being "mentally soft" he may have been lured inot this whole thing by Kenneth Barnes the guy who had the house of ill repute that Wells used when he went with that hooker a couple of days a month....can't remember her name.....:innocent:

I think the 'gang' told Brian upfront something to this affect...

"Hey, no worries, this thing is fake, it'll just scare the daylights out of the tellers and manager at the bank, you just get the cash and walk on out".

So, the make the 'plan' that when they call the pizza place, they tell Brian beforehand that they want HIM to bring out the pizzas, they tell him about when they will be calling so he will know to be there.

Right on cue the pizza place gets called, Brian takes it and takes the pies out to the designated location this is where hew is double-crossed, he gets there, he realizes that the bomb is real and he tries to fight them off, he bolts into the woods, they shoot, he stops, they put the bomb on him...now, the rest is history.

Now, I DO have some questions......

on the http://www.brianwells.net site it shows two guys on the front page, I am assuming these are the "Troubleshooters" in the instructions on the 9-page letter to Brian? Who are they and where are they?

Also, do they EVER plan to release ALL the note, not just PARTS, it has been 8 YEARS now!!!!!:banghead::banghead:

This should be pretty a pretty amazing show: On Sunday night, Oct. 6, CNN is having a special on the 'Pizza Bomber' case. Kind of reminds me of The Zodiac (even tho' it's not him) because of all the elaborate planning & super detailed writing & clues by the crook(s).

The victim Brian Well's relatives still think he was innocent. One of the most fascinating crimes I've ever heard of.

See preview here (warning- gruesome footage of the victim after the bomb killed him):

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2011/08/04/griffin.twisted.pizza.bomb.cnn.html

I had tried watching CNN that night and this show wasn't on, I wonder if what's on the link posted above by Victor had some old info on it?

Also, wow...I watched the video. Gruesome. I had no idea they released the video of the bomb going off.

Snapped finally made it clear what happened: the bank robbery was a plot by Marjorie Diehl Armstrong to raise money to kill her wealthy father for her inheritance. Brian Wells and her boyfriend James Rodin (shot by her) were just collateral damage to her. Her ex-fiance Bill Rothstein built the bomb with help from Ken Barnes and Ken Barnes put the collar on Brian Wells after they lured him out with a fake call for a pizza delivery. Ken Barnes was also going to be the hit man for Marjorie in her father's death. Brian Wells was an innocent victim. He was supposed to deliver the money to Bill Rothstein, while Marjorie and Ken watched in a car across the street, but police arrested Brian before that could happen, and the bomb went off. The way the bomb was wired, there was no way to save Brian even if they'd reached him in time...

Snapped finally made it clear what happened: the bank robbery was a plot by Marjorie Diehl Armstrong to raise money to kill her wealthy father for her inheritance. Brian Wells and her boyfriend James Rodin (shot by her) were just collateral damage to her. Her ex-fiance Bill Rothstein built the bomb with help from Ken Barnes and Ken Barnes put the collar on Brian Wells after they lured him out with a fake call for a pizza delivery. Ken Barnes was also going to be the hit man for Marjorie in her father's death. Brian Wells was an innocent victim. He was supposed to deliver the money to Bill Rothstein, while Marjorie and Ken watched in a car across the street, but police arrested Brian before that could happen, and the bomb went off. The way the bomb was wired, there was no way to save Brian even if they'd reached him in time...

I watched this on live tv as well. That poor man....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched this on live tv as well. That poor man....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always thought Brian Wells was innocent. It would've been a horrible way to commit suicide, and he pleaded for help when he was cuffed and sitting alone in front of the squad car. He had nothing to gain by it. The reason she shot James Roden is that he knew about the plot and refused to go along. What broke the case open was two things: 1) Bill Rothstein ratted Marjorie out about James Roden's death and him being stored in Bill's freezer, (also Bill bragged about his bomb-making skills) and 2) they got Ken Barnes to talk. Otherwise they might have gotten away with Brian's murder, since Bill took that secret to his grave.

Snapped finally made it clear what happened: the bank robbery was a plot by Marjorie Diehl Armstrong to raise money to kill her wealthy father for her inheritance. Brian Wells and her boyfriend James Rodin (shot by her) were just collateral damage to her. Her ex-fiance Bill Rothstein built the bomb with help from Ken Barnes and Ken Barnes put the collar on Brian Wells after they lured him out with a fake call for a pizza delivery. Ken Barnes was also going to be the hit man for Marjorie in her father's death. Brian Wells was an innocent victim. He was supposed to deliver the money to Bill Rothstein, while Marjorie and Ken watched in a car across the street, but police arrested Brian before that could happen, and the bomb went off.
The way the bomb was wired, there was no way to save Brian even if they'd reached him in time...

:tantrum:

That poor man !

What an Evil, Sick woman

I originally was under the assumption that Brian was in on this scheme, and now that the truth has come out I feel guilty for ever thinking that. It's so sad that an innocent man lost his life for no reason.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back