Canada - Shooting spree in Moncton, NB, leaves 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 injured, June 2014 *Guilty*

A former classmate of mine lives on Gorge Rd in Moncton. She's been in her house since everything unfolded yesterday. No recent messages from her, last one was about 8 hrs ago on Facebook- that it was a long and sleepless night and she was going to try to get some sleep and she'd post if anything happened.
#prayformoncton

Attachments

• 1959305_10154173834990702_8980701835829581187_n.jpg
    1959305_10154173834990702_8980701835829581187_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 13
bbm The aspirational aspect is very interesting. I noticed that Bourque apparently didn't go to university or have a career, he was living in a trailer park, was on the social 'out' according to his neighbours.........it's often those guys isn't it?? Dissatisfied with their lives, and driven by god-knows-what internally, they externalise it onto society and 'punish' it for their own inadequacies. JMO.

In a link posted earlier, the suspect posted pic.of his ideal 'man cave", a room full of weapons. In a google search of man caves, only one or two showed that style as an ideal escape..

https://www.google.ca/search?q=man+...anning-ideas%2Fbasement-man-cave.html;375;600

Odd, imo. because when one thinks of a " man cave" it is usually as a "refuge' in a loving way, from the woman in their lives, fwiw.imo.

Man cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"A man cave[1][2] or manspace,[3] is a male sanctuary,[4] such as a specially equipped garage,[5] spare bedroom,[4] media room,[6] den,[7] or basement.[7][8] It is a metaphor describing a room inside the house[9] where "guys can do as they please" without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design.[10] Paula Aymer of Tufts University calls it the "last bastion of masculinity".[10]

While a wife may have substantial authority over a whole house in terms of design and decoration, she generally has no say about what gets "mounted on the walls" of a man's personal space.[10] Since it may be accepted that a woman has input on the decoration of the rest of the house, a man cave or man space is in some sense a reaction to feminine domestic power"

We certainly have become a desensitized society. And to way too much. One of the easiest examples to demonstrate IMO is the Assassination of JFK. People were crying in the streets. Could barely contain themselves. Some hysterical. Now we watch as horror unfolds sometimes in real time. Of course we feel terrible and sympathize and shed tears but I don't feel it's as it use to be. Myself included. The effect on an unhealthy mind????
Great post

30 years ago all of us here would be "placed" (!) dont you all know fplks who think our addiction to WS is off? Dont get it

on other mass shooting today now on

Ok, so I just got back from running errands and turning on the news excited thinking they had caught him to find out of another shooting. I am at a loss for words...

In a link posted earlier, the suspect posted pic.of his ideal 'man cave", a room full of weapons. In a google search of man caves, only one or two showed that style as an ideal escape..

https://www.google.ca/search?q=man+...anning-ideas%2Fbasement-man-cave.html;375;600

Odd, imo. because when one thinks of a " man cave" it is usually as a "refuge' in a loving way, from the woman in their lives, fwiw.imo.

Man cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"A man cave[1][2] or manspace,[3] is a male sanctuary,[4] such as a specially equipped garage,[5] spare bedroom,[4] media room,[6] den,[7] or basement.[7][8] It is a metaphor describing a room inside the house[9] where "guys can do as they please" without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design.[10] Paula Aymer of Tufts University calls it the "last bastion of masculinity".[10]

While a wife may have substantial authority over a whole house in terms of design and decoration, she generally has no say about what gets "mounted on the walls" of a man's personal space.[10] Since it may be accepted that a woman has input on the decoration of the rest of the house, a man cave or man space is in some sense a reaction to feminine domestic power"

What you've just posted about man-caves, dotr, made me wonder if he'd ever had a relationship with a woman? I'm wondering if he was able to have intimate relationships in any way......

As I go to sleep I have left my outdoor porch lights on for Moncton and many are doing similar across our beautiful country.............God bless our officers who are trying desparately to help ....MAY Tomorrow show us light and an end to this horror...God bless you all ....exhausted and I am several provinces away....robynhood...

BpYonehIcAAwPH6.jpg

morg ‏@morgynd_ 9h

this guy has got 20 hours on us, time to bring it up a notch #prayformoncton pic.twitter.com/Dp6IXReRnl
Oh my god, does the road sign in pic translate to the right area. When I saw it I thtougt is this like a picture of a tank from some other time ?

Boy, the way things are going seeing tanks here in AMerica not a shock

but tanks rolling around Canada truly takes ones breath way

Very interesting CARIIS :seeya:

A little angry at his "Jesus boner" parents maybe??........Who'd have thought?? :facepalm:

Again with the similarities: Israel Keyes violently rejected the Christian values he had been brought up with in a large, home-schooled Christian family...........(although he was technically a serial killer rather than a mass murderer)
Never thought jesus boner but it is a good point - he certainly does not sound like a Sunday school attendee!

Also had 6 siblings, living in trailer (I dont know that is the case) but 6 siblings is well, six siblings read simple parents financially 6 kids is quite a load , imagine stressfull start..........................

One just passed away...............CNN Anderson

Shooter did NOT attend school

Hearing the same, media tweeting he's bee apprehended, others tweeting that as well.

RCMP report one in custody from Wednesday's shooting incident.

On the LE Scanner page

There are pics of him in custody but I'm not sure if they're real. This is crazy. I don't trust "Twitter" random peeps.

They asked for radio silence and told officers to keep suspect in car. (Hope this is okay to say)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back