Possible CAB / LIMOUSINES connection to the LISK / SG case

I can step out and be in a cab in five minutes. Thats the way its always been. MB phone records would reflect if she called a cab or not.

Our very own Taxi Driver here on websleuths.....so do any cabs or livery cars frequent the hotels in the massapequa area like the best western and budget that were on sunset?

On "sunset"? What are you referring to?

Cabs don't frequent the hotels as they are not allowed to hang there and besides there wouldn't be enough business to sit at a hotel waiting for people to book out. There's more business driving people locally back and forth to the market, stores, appointments, to work. Taxis remain at or return to their base from which they are dispatched and are required to by their companies. I happened to work in the Massapequa area for a time while supplementing my main income and only once drove a family from Best Western to the airport. Mostly people with cars, either their own or rentals, reserve at these motels/hotels.

On Long Island, taxis are not allowed to pick up hails from the street unless there is a special hack license required by a village as is the case in Babylon. There you can pick up people who hail a cab if they are by a bar, restaurant or any number of stores on the main road. People cannot be picked up randomly anywhere or drivers risk losing their jobs and license. There are plenty of village "constables" who watch for violators. Taxi drivers don't make much and it's not worth losing one's taxi license and ability to work. Besides, it's not safe to pick up unknowns as there are no partitions in the cab to protect the driver. The majority of people are regulars and known to the drivers. Taxis are limited to picking up where their bases are and the zones they cover. There are taxi companies that cover different towns. So if a driver is based in Babylon, they can't drive around the Island to other towns looking for customers.

Many taxi companies are based near or at the train station as they are primarily needed by commuters who take cabs to the train and back home rather than pay for parking at the rails. Other than commuters, most customers are those who don't drive for a variety of reasons or don't have cars or just want to take a cab because they may be dining out or going to a club and may engage in drinking. Drinking and driving is not only illegal but frowned upon and has increased demand for taxis.

Also, many taxi companies have installed GPS systems in their taxis which shows exactly where each cab is at any given time, how fast they're driving, when a door in their cab opens, stopping at traffic lights, etc. At the end of the night a report is printed out and turned in with the money collected for the lease of the vehicle and the dispatchers fee. It's all computerized and visible on a monitor as they are driving, no chance of drivers free lancing or going off route.

As for the strip clubs in the area, the club owners generally call for a cab for the worker to get to the train but there are not that many workers who commute by train.

Many lower priced motels/hotels are home to low income people, welfare recipients and local ladies of the night. The ones you mention are higher priced but are not used by "workers" as the staff are alert and don't allow hourly use.

I covered most of how taxis operate on LI. If you have any questions, ask away! If I have an answer, I'll gladly share it, if not, will find out.

:seeya:

Taxi driver by night, Nutritional Microscopist & Lymphatic Drainage Therapist by day.

Attachments

• microscopy for websleuths.jpg
    microscopy for websleuths.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 53
I can step out and be in a cab in five minutes. Thats the way its always been. MB phone records would reflect if she called a cab or not.

Not really. I mean she could of just caught a cab.

Thanks to all the locals who provided info on the livery/cab system in NY! I'm just trying to figure out if Melissa called for her ride(s) or if they were provided for her. In my mind, a black car meant a limo - a fancy way to get to work unless your client sent the car...and...it means technically - that MB DID have a driver of sorts.
Hearing this now, I'm thinking she must have gotten a ride to LI - taken care of at least one customer - then checked her voicemail for new clients - maybe twice. At that point she must have met him outside the hotel. I mean, if she had a $1000.00 client lined up (as pimp says) I would guess that she would spend a few hours with that client - why would she be checking her voicemail to get a new client? Answer: she wouldn't. She must have been with him when she checked her voicemail - or HE checked it. In Massapequa.

Thanks to all the locals who provided info on the livery/cab system in NY! I'm just trying to figure out if Melissa called for her ride(s) or if they were provided for her. In my mind, a black car meant a limo - a fancy way to get to work unless your client sent the car...and...it means technically - that MB DID have a driver of sorts.
Hearing this now, I'm thinking she must have gotten a ride to LI - taken care of at least one customer - then checked her voicemail for new clients - maybe twice. At that point she must have met him outside the hotel. I mean, if she had a $1000.00 client lined up (as pimp says) I would guess that she would spend a few hours with that client - why would she be checking her voicemail to get a new client? Answer: she wouldn't. She must have been with him when she checked her voicemail - or HE checked it. In Massapequa.

As a long time barrier beach resident, i'd like to point out that phone calls, postings to facebook etc. made from the ocean parkway will often be labeled in posts and on bills as massapequa, amityville, lindenhurst or any of the towns on the south shore, depending on where you were on the parkway at the time. My point is, just because her phone used a tower in massapequa doesn't mean she or her phone was.

As a long time barrier beach resident, i'd like to point out that phone calls, postings to facebook etc. made from the ocean parkway will often be labeled in posts and on bills as massapequa, amityville, lindenhurst or any of the towns on the south shore, depending on where you were on the parkway at the time. My point is, just because her phone used a tower in massapequa doesn't mean she or her phone was.

but i've seen it specifically stated her cell pinged at best western and budget inn. Look...the SK is obviously a full time monger..meaning he's like the freaks on utopiaguide and spends all his time trolling for prostitutes. Over the past 20 years he must have frequented the Edison Ave strip in Babylon frequently to pick up street walkers and he must have frequently used the hotels like best western to bring pros over the years. And now that I'm thinking about it....dont hotels seems to be a common denominator here?

Think about it....Maureen...staying at a hotel on 40 something....Megan went missing from the hotel....Melissa's phone was at those two hotels in Massapequa....The AC 4 and the golden key.....the latest victim in Egg Harbor was staying at a hotel before she ended up murded in a suitcase....

Lots of hotels...

And then there was the statement that Kim Raffo and HA were living in a long island hotel....shortly before she went back to AC

Very interesting...thanks mcme...but where do you think she was (or her phone was - can it be narrowed down to a particular tower? I don't have a clue how that works...please explain!

but i've seen it specifically stated her cell pinged at best western and budget inn. Look...the SK is obviously a full time monger..meaning he's like the freaks on utopiaguide and spends all his time trolling for prostitutes. Over the past 20 years he must have frequented the Edison Ave strip in Babylon frequently to pick up street walkers and he must have frequently used the hotels like best western to bring pros over the years. And now that I'm thinking about it....dont hotels seems to be a common denominator here?

Think about it....Maureen...staying at a hotel on 40 something....Megan went missing from the hotel....Melissa's phone was at those two hotels in Massapequa....The AC 4 and the golden key.....the latest victim in Egg Harbor was staying at a hotel before she ended up murded in a suitcase....

Lots of hotels...

And also Amber was contacted before by a guy who was trying to get her to meet him at the same hotel that I think either MBB or MW was at. Sorry can't remember exactly which girl it was.

[/U][/I][/B]

Very interesting...thanks mcme...but where do you think she was (or her phone was - can it be narrowed down to a particular tower? I don't have a clue how that works...please explain!

I'm not completely sure how it works, but if your phone is using service based locating vs. gps locating, the bill or posts will show what it assumes is your location based on which cell antenna you connect to. At Gilgo it usually comes up Amityville, at Cedar beach it's Lindenhurst, at Oak Beach it's West Islip etc. Massapequa shows up from the West Gilgo to Tobay areas.

Yes, we read somewhere that the phones were traced back to these motels. But we dont know that for sure. Wd dont know much of anything for sure. The only thing we do know is a killer is on the loose.

I'm not completely sure how it works, but if your phone is using service based locating vs. gps locating, the bill or posts will show what it assumes is your location based on which cell antenna you connect to. At Gilgo it usually comes up Amityville, at Cedar beach it's Lindenhurst, at Oak Beach it's West Islip etc. Massapequa shows up from the West Gilgo to Tobay areas.

Where would it come up if a call was made from Captree?

Hi,
First time posting on this thread.
I am a long island beach junkie and currently frequent Sore Thumb and Gilgo (which was just recently opened to 4x4 vehicles and surfers) Sore Thumb is just west of Oak Beach. It comes up as Babylon on my cell. Hope this helps.

The man, CS, who apparently was the person who erazed the May 1, 2010 surveillance tapes from Oak Beach (the night Shannan Gilbert disappeared), was listed to a phonenumber connected to "L<modsnip> LUXURY LIMOUSINES INC"

RSBM

Who is this CS? What makes you think that is the person responsible for erasing the tape? Please direct us to your source or provide a link. There is the rumour thread if you don't want to say here...Tx!

Since theforeigner didn't deign to answer my question, I'll answer it for us all myself: This CS is mentioned in Kolker's book as an Oak Beach Resident who may have been responsible for erasing the tape. THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION OF THIS THAT i KNOW OF. More than likely it recorded over itself after a month. Coletti said it was recorded to a hard drive. As others have said - if there's a hard drive - it should be accesable to LE. I can't think it would show anything except Pak's car - the residents of Oak Beach could have used that road by the association building that goes out to O.P. No gate, no camera. That's in the book too.

Since theforeigner didn't deign to answer my question, I'll answer it for us all myself: This CS is mentioned in Kolker's book as an Oak Beach Resident who may have been responsible for erasing the tape. THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION OF THIS THAT i KNOW OF. More than likely it recorded over itself after a month. Coletti said it was recorded to a hard drive. As others have said - if there's a hard drive - it should be accesable to LE. I can't think it would show anything except Pak's car - the residents of Oak Beach could have used that road by the association building that goes out to O.P. No gate, no camera. That's in the book too.

It sounds as if you believe there's a way out of the Oak Beach Assc. that residents can use that doesn't include the gates. That is not the case. There is one way in and out, and that's past the booth and through the gates.

Please don't forget the time of these disappearances. At that time I remember I wouldn't get cell service if I was on Gilgo beah. Cell phone towers have popped up everywhere since then.

It sounds as if you believe there's a way out of the Oak Beach Assc. that residents can use that doesn't include the gates. That is not the case. There is one way in and out, and that's past the booth and through the gates.

I got this picture from Websleuths when it was posted.
They stated that you can go Hawser Driver to Robert Moses Causeway
and they have the blue line showing a back way out of Oak Beach.

Attachments

• oak beach hawser dr to rm bridge.jpg
    oak beach hawser dr to rm bridge.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 52
I got this picture from Websleuths when it was posted.
They stated that you can go Hawser Driver to Robert Moses Causeway
and they have the blue line showing a back way out of Oak Beach.

You could walk that route, but there's absolutely no chance any type of street legal vehicle could drive it. The biggest challenge would be the ten inch wood posts that form the barrier at the end of the road. In reality, even without those, there's no passing through the brush there with a vehicle to follow that route. It was drawn by someone who's never been there or lived there. There is only ONE way to leave the O.B.A. with a car, SUV etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back