The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, they're moving fast through jury selection! Will opening statements start as soon as that is done, maybe today?

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers · 3m
Gerard Baden-Clay is staring straight ahead in dock as jury is selected. Wearing wedding ring. @7NewsBrisbane

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers · 3m
Gerard Baden-Clay is staring straight ahead in dock as jury is selected. Wearing wedding ring. @7NewsBrisbane

Ugh!:facepalm: I can't believe he's wearing a wedding ring.

:banghead:

HI all, back again - looking forward to justice being done.

Wearing his wedding ring Pfft!

Brooke Baskin ‏@brookebaskin · 44s
Just five jurors empanelled so far. Crown and defence selecting panel carefully. #badenclay

This is happening much quicker than I expected for the jury empanelling. When I was empanelled on a murder trial, it took half a day and they challenged/stood aside so much that they actually had to run through the potential jurors a second time.

Breaking News - that's why I didn't attend court today. I thought it would be a long process ! I'm so annoyed at myself.

Re the wedding ring - did we really expect anything less ? Keeping up appearances, business as usual ;)

Apologies for the silly question -
Are potential jurors paraded in front of the courtroom where GBC is or is this done in a closed environment ?

Jurors usually have to be called to walk past the accused and the legal panel, walk to the front and be challenged or accepted, make an oath then return in the opposite direction or to the jury seats. Is anyone from here in the courtroom?

My understanding re the house colour is that the child care centre did a bit of a refurb and are using it now. They have also built a new dwelling in between the house and the centre.

Jury selection is done in the public courtroom. Don't know if there will be time for opening statements today. At 2 pm the judge will hear the balance of last weeks application which dealt with some housekeeping matters. Then when that is done there may be a little bit of time for the start of opening statements but I would not be surprised if they don't get done until tomorrow morning.

Alioop does court start at 10am each day or does it vary depending on what the judge says ?

I knew the jurors were walked in front of both legal sides but had no idea it was done in an open court room ! What a nerve wracking time for the jurors :(

10 am starts is usual unless judge orders otherwise.

7 men
5 women chosen

Interesting there's more men then women.......

Thanks Alioop

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m

Prosecutor Danny Boyle is reading out the names of 77 witnesses to make sure none is known to potential jurors. #badenclay

7 men
5 women chosen

Interesting there's more men then women.......

Thanks Alioop

Just the backup ones to go now which take over if one of the jurors gets ill or can't continue. This is going quicker than I thought . I reckon we will get to opening statements today. Good start to trial.

Anyone in court to hear who the 77 witness' are?
I wonder if GBC will be testifying?

Also surprised how fast the jury was chosen! Justice is coming!

Jessica van Vonderen ‏@jessvanvonderen · 5m
77 witnesses who may be called. Several police officers, forensics, psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor #badenclay @ABCNews24

Thanks Fuskier for posting coldplay's yellow. Just listened to it and it could be about Allison and her love for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam