GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called on my mother inlaw when I needed help with HER son. I was at my wits end too, she had a strong talk to him and got his father onto it as well. they didn't wiz me off to a psychiatrist!! They tried to help solve the problem. Of course poor Allison had depression

Is the prosecution holding back the trump cards, do they often do that?

It would be good if someone could draw up a new timeline of events starting from about the hairdresser appointment on the 19 April 2012 until say when G enquired about the Insurance .... again.

Would need to use MSM reports
Would like to include real time events such as are available on the statements.
Would like to include certain phone calls.

Would like to omit the "reports" of the children.
Would like to omit the "report" from Bwana.

What I wanted to compare was the real time events with those that have been presented over the past three days.
In other words would like to compare the DEFINITE events with those that allegedly occurred.

(I started to do this today but got way-laid time and time again. Apologies. And I don't think I can do do tomorrow either.)
Need all the statements at hand. So much more has come to light since the last time I did this, which from memory was about January 2013. Particularly the statements.
(I didn't have those statements to work with at that time.)

Why? I have the deepest of deep misgivings about things that have been presented thus far.
It would help greatly if we could have a solid Datum point or Datum line by which to measure stuff such we have heard today.

BTW This business of "I don't recall" makes me a little bit hurt.
It is a cop out for "I'm not telling you" Modsnipped in advance.

It's so nice to see names of fellow WS from two years ago in the active user's menu. It has been a long road to here. I never say how my heart goes out to Allison's babies because it hurts so much to think about it.
This is Queensland and I hope our justice system sees that they don't get the raw end of the pineapple.

Is there a list of all the witnesses who are being called that I can view online? Thanks.

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at a certain manor tonight. NBC proclaiming his contempt. OW knowing that she has to explain a lot when called on next, including all those phone calls on the 20th even just after G had already spoken to ncb (I cannot even use capitalisation for that abbreviation any more), and yet under the strictests orders not too discuss. I hope the QPS have this covered.

I called on my mother inlaw when I needed help with HER son. I was at my wits end too, she had a strong talk to him and got his father onto it as well. they didn't wiz me off to a psychiatrist!! They tried to help solve the problem. Of course poor Allison had depression

Is the prosecution holding back the trump cards, do they often do that?

Yes I think so TGY, these questions are making sure it's all on record in front of the jury , so when they decide to use the trump cards they will totally discredit anything the BCs have said and lead to possible perjury charges . I think so and I hope so . The BCs will be unable to adjust their story according to what other witnesses have to say . They are stuck with their story as ridiculous as it all is .

Is there a list of all the witnesses who are being called that I can view online? Thanks.

No the witness lists are never published.

24 witnesses so far.

53 to go

See updated count further down

Yes I think so TGY, these questions are making sure it's all on record in front of the jury , so when they decide to use the trump cards they will totally discredit anything the BCs have said and lead to possible perjury charges . I think so and I hope so . The BCs will be unable to adjust their story according to what other witnesses have to say . They are stuck with their story as ridiculous as it all is .

I really hope you are right about this!

Marly the CM/Healdsun are saying NBC was witness 27. Brisbane Times NBC witness 24. Have the CM/HS included the girls and the BT not?

According to [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048150&postcount=14]TM's first statement[/ame] -

29. I recall that on Thursday the 19th April 2012 between 5pm and 5.30pm I phoned Gerard and had a conversation with him. During this conversation he stated that he was going to the supermarket to get some food to drop off to his daughters at his parents address. I could hear that he was driving.

30. During this conversation I told Gerard about my day and told him that I was upset with my job. The phone later cut out whilst Gerard was purchasing some sausages.

31. I then called Gerard back at which time he told me that he was going to his parents place at Durness Street Kenmore. I had asked Gerard how his day was to which he replied that he had taken his girls to cross-country earlier in the day. I then spoke about my boys doing cross crounty.

37. I then heard Gerard's daughter speaking to him at which point I told him I would call him the next day.

Now according to NBC:

4:27pm: Mr Byrne is questioning Nigel Baden-Clay about his movements on the afternoon of April 19, 2012.

He said his three granddaughters were at his house that afternoon and had been for a swim in their pool.

"I remember Gerard dropping in the sausages early in the afternoon," he said.

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said Mr Baden-Clay returned about 5pm.

"I asked him [Gerard] where Allison was and he said no, she wouldn't be coming," he said.

The family had a "fairly short" dinner together.

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said Mr Baden-Clay left with his daughters "fairly early" about 6.30pm because "he would have wanted to get them to bed".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz34P8QjBBo

So according to NBC, GerRED dropped off the sausages early in the afternoon. Yet according to TM, GBC was buying sausages for the parental BBQ when she phoned him at about 5pm - 5:30pm. In fact TM phoned GBC three times, the third time while GBC was actually at his parent's home. IMO there wouldn't have been a lot of time to cook the snags, eat them and then return home with the girls and have them in bed by 6:30pm - 7:00pm.

According to TM's first statement -

29. I recall that on Thursday the 19th April 2012 between 5pm and 5.30pm I phoned Gerard and had a conversation with him. During this conversation he stated that he was going to the supermarket to get some food to drop off to his daughters at his parents address. I could hear that he was driving.

30. During this conversation I told Gerard about my day and told him that I was upset with my job. The phone later cut out whilst Gerard was purchasing some sausages.

31. I then called Gerard back at which time he told me that he was going to his parents place at Durness Street Kenmore. I had asked Gerard how his day was to which he replied that he had taken his girls to cross-country earlier in the day. I then spoke about my boys doing cross crounty.

37. I then heard Gerard's daughter speaking to him at which point I told him I would call him the next day.

Now according to NBC:

4:27pm: Mr Byrne is questioning Nigel Baden-Clay about his movements on the afternoon of April 19, 2012.

He said his three granddaughters were at his house that afternoon and had been for a swim in their pool.

"I remember Gerard dropping in the sausages early in the afternoon," he said.

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said Mr Baden-Clay returned about 5pm.

"I asked him [Gerard] where Allison was and he said no, she wouldn't be coming," he said.

The family had a "fairly short" dinner together.

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said Mr Baden-Clay left with his daughters "fairly early" about 6.30pm because "he would have wanted to get them to bed".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz34P8QjBBo

So according to NBC, GerRED dropped off the sausages early in the afternoon. Yet according to TM, GBC was buying sausages for the parental BBQ when she phoned him at about 5pm - 5:30pm. In fact TM phoned GBC three times, the third time while GBC was actually at his parent's home. IMO there wouldn't have been a lot of time to cook the snags, eat them and then return home with the girls and have them in bed by 6:30pm - 7:00pm.

Thanks Makara. Now that's a good start for the Timeline of Events. (So desperately needed right now) Just need to back up a little to about 4.00pm.
Omitting NBC's version. As I think it's ...... (modsnipped)
Part of TM's version may be true; if it can be corroborated with phone records.

All I can say is "come in spinner".

He said his son took the Captiva to go looking for his wife around 7.10am.

“He would have been away about half an hour I think,” he said.

He said his son left the house with his girls in the Prado he usually drove around 6.30pm

why use the Captiva to look for Allison when he usually drives the Prado? I wonder if the heaters were set to high, 30mins driving around would help dry off anything damp inside

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

Thanks Makara. Now that's a good start for the Timeline of Events. (So desperately needed right now) Just need to back up a little to about 4.00pm.
Omitting NBC's version. As I think it's ...... (modsnipped)
Part of TM's version may be true; if it can be corroborated with phone records.

I do remember something from a long time ago (on here) about the first batch of snags being off or they not having enough food and GBC had to get more snags? Ring anyone's bells?

that whole statement by NBC just doesn't ring true to me either.. he doesn't remember the doctors name, .. I just cant see Alison ringing Elaine about a problem like this.. .. these are the people who decided to back Toni, who, while Alison was still missing, lost in the bush, gone, arranged to use a covert phone ( according to the police statements who did even more covert phone taps) assisted Gerard in his contact with Ms McHugh...

Their treatment of Alison seemed to be a long term thing..

since the business partners of Gerard were not fooled by the Toni/Gerard thing, it was so obvious to them, I find it hard to believe that Nige and Elaine didn't know about that for years and kept quiet..

It is so convenient for NBC to tell his account of this event between ABC & EBC because obviously ABC can't agree or deny and EBC is not being called as a witness.
This apparent event is "hearsay" as he was not there and is relying on his wife's version of events.
I certainly hope NBCs smugness and self preservation are recognised by the jury.
I also hope that they question him about his conversation with Flegg regarding trying to get some sort of govt. assistance for Gerard because he had been disadvantaged by having to move out of his home.... Poor Gerard!

Waaaaa for some reason I couldn't respond allllll daaaay!

My problem is we can see through it all because we've done research!

How in the hell is the jury supposed to 'see' it all!

How did they see her on the lounge with the curtains drawn , did they barge in or what!
It was her home! She could sit nude on the lounge eating cheesecake if she wanted with the curtains opened!

I'm hoping they've kept best till last because I'm going to *^+*^**+*^ if Geeeerrrraaarrrd walks with 'that woman, Allison's insurance and the children to life a life of luxury!!!

This better get better or I'm gonna.......swear!
Please don't stress too much They'll get you ..... I actually believe that the Prosecution are giving out enough rope to the witnesses (NBC included) and soon there will be a few 'home truths' put to the likes of NBC to shake him to the core. NBC may think he has been very smart today, but the anomalies, at least stand out to any person trying their best to keep on track. As you say, we have done lots of research (with limited evidence info) ....... but there is a definite focus on a few aspects ....... the contents of which focus will, I feel sure, will emerge soon e.g. the note mentioned in one of the Bail documents, which GBC said was written by S <modsnip> on the morning her mother went missing.... the children said they had not written a note that morning at all. It also seems to me that there may be some discrepancy in GBC's daggy shorts and pyjama shorts...a pair of daggy shorts may have been missing from the house.

According to [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048233&postcount=23]GBC's phone records[/ame] - page 9, he called the following numbers.

Thursday 19 April 2012:

4:18pm - Blockbuster video rentals.

4:43pm - EBC's mobile.

5:10pm - Kate Rankin.

5:11pm - Kate Rankin.

How long does a video run for? 90 minutes, 120 minutes? It's possible that GBC hired a video, probably for the kids to watch at Nigelaine's place while they were waiting to be fed.

The two calls to Kate Rankin (work associate) were probably just to check in and 'sign off' for the day.

Friday 20 April 2012:

6:46am - EBC's mobile.

9:51am - Allison's parents. Not 9:00am as Kellie Thomson stated, unless GBC phoned them earlier using the landline.

9:55am - Rob Cheeseman.

12:25pm - Andrew Willsford - Brookfield show grounds maintenance man.
(I have my theories but I'll shut up about this one for now).

By 12:29pm GBC had contacted solicitor Darren Mahoney!

12:29pm - Darren Mahony's office. This was a 25 minute call and there were further calls to Mahony throughout the day.

NBC comment about going to the house and it being in darkness with Allison on the couch - this seems weird - I am not sure any mother of three young children would manage this type of time out, or a darkened home with children about.

Notice how they never broached the subject of Allison's depression but NBC managed to weave it into the testimony and the comment above about the darkened home was also meant to strengthen the depression/suicide theory. Coached and rehearsed.

I wonder what sort of illness Nige thinks his son is 'manifesting'?? the manifestations of that illness are all too obvious... a dead wife, who's corpse is interfered with, a business run into and under the ground , a load of debt , a cranky and determined mistress, plus a few other spares, embarrassing stories in regard to borrowing money, irritated and contemptuous long suffering business partners, huge gargantuan family disgrace....

compared to Allisons 'manifestations..' lying on the couch... blinds drawn. (mine are from December to April ) bringing up 3 girls, starting a ballet school, using her previous management skills to try and resuscitate the business.. forgiving Gerard's behaviour, planning for their future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa