CA CA - Enedine Molina, 35, & Fermin Rodriguez, 26, Alameda County, 8 June 1967

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
Enedine Molina & Fermin Hernandez, were murdered in Alameda County,CA on June 8,1967.

They were parked on a secluded lover's lane area. Both were shot to death. The female Victim was brought to another location before being killed. There is no robbery or sexual assault.

In the weeks leading up to the murders, a mysterious man was seen watching following them, and watching their house. Phone calls came before AND after their murders, from a heavy breather.

I am not including their murders in the serial killer thread, just the cold case thread as it is a cold case with Alameda County sheriff's dept. But,I suspect they may be victims of the Zodiac Killer.

I am hoping that people here may be able to help dig up more clues, or information, or that the Victim's Families see this, and will come forward to help in this case.

I have a fulll thread at my site on their murders:
http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=21

Case articles here

Attachments

• alameda1.jpg
    alameda1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 21
  • alameda2.jpg
    alameda2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16
  • alameda3.jpg
    alameda3.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 16
Auple more articles

Attachments

• alameda4.jpg
    alameda4.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 10
  • alameda5.jpg
    alameda5.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 11
The Alameda County sheriffs dept lost some of the old files and reports in the case but luckily still had the slugs taken from the victims

I wonder why they were in Alameda County at 10 pm, they both lived across the bay in Santa Clara County. The perp must have taken her in his car since her body was found six miles away and doesn't appear to be dumped since LE think she was running when she was shot.

They were parked on a secluded spot when they were attacked. The male was shot and killed. The perp then took the female to a spot 6 miles away, and killed her there. She was not raped. There was no robbery. As I recall, the police just happened to find the other victim when they passed by the body after processing the first scene

I wish that somebody with more info or knowledge about this case would come forward

Never try to link cases, until you thoroughly investigate one at a time.

If you go into it thinking this may be the work of (insert serial killer here) then you'll start to tailor your thinking to such albeit unknowingly.

Let the evidence point you.

Never try to link cases, until you thoroughly investigate one at a time.

If you go into it thinking this may be the work of (insert serial killer here) then you'll start to tailor your thinking to such albeit unknowingly.

Let the evidence point you.

It's a motiveless attack on a couple parked on a lover's lane in the SF Bay area in 1967, with strong similarities to the Zodiac's M.O. No signs of rape, robbery,etc, so I don't have to work too hard to link it. The Alameda County sheriff's Dept agreed, and looked into it further. All of their case files and reports on this attack were lost over the years, but the ballistics evidence remained in the lab. They did a ballistics comparison to the 12/20/68 Zodiac ballistics evidence, but the evidence from the Zodiac crime they used was in too poor a shape to get a match, and it was inconclusive.

It's a motiveless attack on a couple parked on a lover's lane in the SF Bay area in 1967, with strong similarities to the Zodiac's M.O. No signs of rape, robbery,etc, so I don't have to work too hard to link it. The Alameda County sheriff's Dept agreed, and looked into it further. All of their case files and reports on this attack were lost over the years, but the ballistics evidence remained in the lab. They did a ballistics comparison to the 12/20/68 Zodiac ballistics evidence, but the evidence from the Zodiac crime they used was in too poor a shape to get a match, and it was inconclusive.

Hey it very well may be, , (nice site BTW) but It doesn't matter, whenever you (we) investigate a homicide whether or not it matches, 10 other ones, you still dig into each case 1 by 1.

Always start with the victim, do a victimology analysis.

More often than not you find something in their background that leads to a suspect.

From there you work outward, Unless theres some overwhelming evidence, like a ballistic match or a fingerprint .

But with the absence of such, start close

Remember there have been other killers that have stalked, lovers lanes, as well. (David Berkowitz, Texarkana phantom killer, etc..) Doesn't mean they were the zodiac.

IMO I think too many people try to link cases prematurely, ive seen something like 12 different cases, here, where Zodiac was brought up some bearing not even a similar MO , let alone signature aspect of the Zodiac suspect.

Also it would be kinda odd for Zodiac not to claim this one if it was, he basically claimed to kill more people than cancer at some point or another

They did start working the case properly, they checked out the spouses,etc of these two. It also should be noted, the pair was followed by an unknown man in the days and weeks before the murders. Their Familes received heavy breather calls in the weeks before their murders, and after the murders. These calls always came between 10am & 11am. Coincidentally, Robert Graysmith,author of the book Zodiac, claims he frequently heavy breather calls at around 10:30am.
On the night Darlene Ferrin was murdered, her Family received heavy breather calls.

The issue here, is that the reports are lost,and all they have are shell casings & ballistics. I talked to the Family of one of the Victims, and after he consulted with the rest of his Family, they decided to put this case behind them and not open up old wounds.

They did start working the case properly, they checked out the spouses,etc of these two. It also should be noted, the pair was followed by an unknown man in the days and weeks before the murders. Their Familes received heavy breather calls in the weeks before their murders, and after the murders. These calls always came between 10am & 11am. Coincidentally, Robert Graysmith,author of the book Zodiac, claims he frequently heavy breather calls at around 10:30am.
On the night Darlene Ferrin was murdered, her Family received heavy breather calls.

The issue here, is that the reports are lost,and all they have are shell casings & ballistics. I talked to the Family of one of the Victims, and after he consulted with the rest of his Family, they decided to put this case behind them and not open up old wounds.

In my experience, breather calls for the most part are usually someone who knows the recipient , though there are cases, where someone's name was picked out of a phonebook.

This sounds more like a stalking case than the Zodiac crimes, Zodiac, unless what I know is completely wrong (but I got it from the FBI) was more of a Phantom type . Would prowl lovers lanes, till he found victims, then surprised them and shot (or in 1 case stabbed) his victims .

Stalking usually begins as friendship, relationship or even simply a perceived relationship by the stalker, and once the love/caring aspect is removed, either through rebuttal, or through termination of a relationship, the stalker basically seeks to be a different type of figure in the victims, life... good or bad, as long as they are SOMETHING.

If they are causing fear to the victim, then that victim is at least thinking about them.

The Zodiac crimes, fall along a more Psychopathological type of behavior . He had a specific set of psychological needs, and specific criteria to fill it.

In terms of behavior, he was more along the lines, of someone who enjoyed what he did, because of what it did.. cause FEAR .

Now I'm not saying it CANT be a Zodiac crime, it very well may be, but there's some aspects of this crime, that don't seem to fit the Zodiac suspect.

Theres also always a chance it was a Zodiac killing, and that the calls, and being followed had nothing to do with it at all

The 'stalking' angle is not a confirmed one in the zodiac case, but it's a possibility. Possible early zodiac Victim, Cheri Jo Bates, may have been stalked by her killer. Confirmed Zodiac Victim, Darlene Ferrin, also may have been stalked. There are reports of a man matching Zodiac, hanging out in the restaurant where she waitressed, and parking outside of her house. The night she was killed, multiple Members of her Family received heavy breathing calls shortly after the murder, and before news she was killed was out. It's possible that if her killer was the caller, then he either stalked her and killed her,or recognized her when he attacked her, either way, it's possible she was killed by somebody that knew her. The details about the calls,and the caller, are shaky, but one way or another, they happened. Kind of weird that multiple Family members of a shooting Victim would all get calls late at night after the murder, before anybody knew she was dead.

The 'stalking' angle is not a confirmed one in the zodiac case, but it's a possibility. Possible early zodiac Victim, Cheri Jo Bates, may have been stalked by her killer. Confirmed Zodiac Victim, Darlene Ferrin, also may have been stalked. There are reports of a man matching Zodiac, hanging out in the restaurant where she waitressed, and parking outside of her house. The night she was killed, multiple Members of her Family received heavy breathing calls shortly after the murder, and before news she was killed was out. It's possible that if her killer was the caller, then he either stalked her and killed her,or recognized her when he attacked her, either way, it's possible she was killed by somebody that knew her. The details about the calls,and the caller, are shaky, but one way or another, they happened. Kind of weird that multiple Family members of a shooting Victim would all get calls late at night after the murder, before anybody knew she was dead.

Seems like a longshot, I mean he would have to find the victims phone number, amongst however many similar names were in the phonebook at the time, unless he knew the address as well .

But you bring up an interesting, point...maybe Zodiacs victims, weren't random, as we first thought... I still believe they were , but definitely something to consider.

However, if multiple members of the family are receiving calls, then I think you are looking at someone who knows the victim

Before Caller ID, I think almost everyone got heavy breather calls on occasion especially if a female answered (male pick ups just usually heard a click) so in this instance it may or may not be material.

This case is certainly more in the Zodiac's zone than Bates.

What were the victims doing out parking late on a Thursday evening-didn't they have jobs?

Before Caller ID, I think almost everyone got heavy breather calls on occasion especially if a female answered (male pick ups just usually heard a click) so in this case it may or may not be material.

This case is certainly more in the Zodiac's zone than Bates.

What were the victims doing out parking late on a Thursday evening-didn't they have jobs?

They were both married to other People,having an affair,so I guess they wanted a private area

50 years ago this coming Thursday-Rest In Peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back