The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s
Prosecutor asking Olivia whether Allison was pregnant when she got out of the car and vomited from "anxiety". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s
Olivia says she "can't recall" whether Allison was pregnant. "She could have been". #badenclay

Good job, prosecution!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s
Prosecutor asking Olivia whether Allison was pregnant when she got out of the car and vomited from "anxiety". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s
Olivia says she "can't recall" whether Allison was pregnant. "She could have been". #badenclay

Does the time Olivia says Allison was sick, actually correspond to a time she could have been pregnant with one of the girls? I am not sure on the birthdates/years

I'll give the tweats a go.....

Oh, Mrs G Norris is doing it.......I will withdraw my offer, don't want the same thing repeated twice over.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s
Under questioning from prosecutor, Olivia going through the list of work Allison was involved in #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s
Prosecutor asks whether there was anything else? Olivia says Allison was a director of a company she and Gerard had. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53s
Prosecutor asks whether Olivia was concerned about Allison's mood in the week before her disappearance. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 34s
Olivia says "nothing gave me cause to be particularly concerned". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 42s
Olivia says she found Allison hard to read. Could never work out her mood. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
Olivia says she found Allison hard to read. Could never work out her mood. #badenclay
42s
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
Olivia says "nothing gave me cause to be particularly concerned". #badenclay

Here we go

and surely, it has to be asked WHY was she working at Gerards franchise??

well. we all know.. because she told Gerard that Toni was to be fired.. ( along with the business partners who had urged this for so long previously) and she, Alison would be taking over that desk.. . and Toni was to be fired because?? ....

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36s
Olivia says Allison was thrilled about the birth of their nephew but Olivia worried that Allison had always wanted a boy. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s
Olivia: did cross my mind Allison might have struggled with birth of nephew as she always wanted a son #badenclay

OFGS!!!!!!

Olivia has been excused. Allison's mother, Priscilla Dickie, has been called to the stand. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 48s
Olivia on Allison in April 2012: "I was not concerned about her mood but...she was private about how she was truly feeling." #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Allison's mum Priscilla Dickie called to the stand #badenclay @couriermail

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 44s
Priscilla Dickie, Allison #badenclay 's mother now taking the stand at the murder trial. @7newsbrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 32s
Olivia Baden-Walton finished evidence. Now up is Allison's mother Priscilla Dickie. #badenclay @abcnews

I appreciated your post, Minerva.. I acknowledge what you point out.. I'm thinking of Gerard's business partners whom he scammed and actually robbed ,according to the forensic accountants statement.. they must have suffered badly... his staff, whom he didn't pay, ..

I take on board the Prado insurance, too. but my main focus is on the Insurance Policy on Alisons life .. that bill was due on April 6th. with a payment of $1100.00,... if he didn't pay it by May 9th, it would cancel out the insurance altogether.. he didn't pay it, and from April 6th, until April 19th... ( Alisons day of death) that policy was on a shoestring,. .. either he had to pay it, or he had to claim on it..

I'd no idea, Trooper. That's huge. Thank you for that information

Have been contenting self with reading while not logged-in. Will log-out now. Haven't trusted myself to comment. But had to log-in to thank you for that

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s
Mrs Dickie says it was a "colourful morning" the morning her daughter was born. Wipes a tear from her eye. #badenclay

:(

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s
Mrs Dickie said her daughter had a "very high" position with Flight Centre when she married Gerard. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 40s
Prosecutor Todd Fuller QC to Allison Baden-Clay's mother: "You know Gerard Baden-Clay?" Priscilla Dickie: "I do." #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s
Mrs Dickie says Gerard and Allison went overseas for some years after getting married. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36s
Olivia says Allison was thrilled about the birth of their nephew but Olivia worried that Allison had always wanted a boy. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s
Olivia: did cross my mind Allison might have struggled with birth of nephew as she always wanted a son #badenclay

OFGS!!!!!!

:facepalm: Lovely comment for the girls to read one day.

Olivia has been excused. Allison's mother, Priscilla Dickie, has been called to the stand. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 48s
Olivia on Allison in April 2012: "I was not concerned about her mood but...she was private about how she was truly feeling." #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Allison's mum Priscilla Dickie called to the stand #badenclay @couriermail

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 44s
Priscilla Dickie, Allison #badenclay 's mother now taking the stand at the murder trial. @7newsbrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 32s
Olivia Baden-Walton finished evidence. Now up is Allison's mother Priscilla Dickie. #badenclay @abcnews
Oh Praise the Lord! Some sanity about to be introduced.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 31s
Mrs Dickie says she helped out after the birth of her first granddaughter. She stayed with her for a while. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s
Mrs Dickie says Gerard told her not to interfere in the raising of the grandchildren. "I might have overstepped the mark." #badenclay

Control issues much?

I appreciated your post, Minerva.. I acknowledge what you point out.. I'm thinking of Gerard's business partners whom he scammed and actually robbed ,according to the forensic accountants statement.. they must have suffered badly... his staff, whom he didn't pay, ..

I take on board the Prado insurance, too. but my main focus is on the Insurance Policy on Alisons life .. that bill was due on April 6th. with a payment of $1100.00,... if he didn't pay it by May 9th, it would cancel out the insurance altogether.. he didn't pay it, and from April 6th, until April 19th... ( Alisons day of death) that policy was on a shoestring,. .. either he had to pay it, or he had to claim on it..

Oh don't get me wrong, I believe GBC is a fundamentally weak man and an incorrigible liar. I've read all the statements too. Having owned more than one business I've shaken my head in disbelief at the statements from his business partners. He had a wishbone where his backbone should have been. I honestly want to say to him, "really Gerahhhhd, would bankruptcy have been THAT bad?"

I don't believe for a second that Allison suicided. I cannot make up my mind however whether it was a cold, premeditated murder or a heat of the moment, domestic fight gotten out of control murder.

I do believe that blood is thicker than water and that GBC's family will do what they can to get a not guilty verdict, but I don't know if they would be prepared to lie on the stand in such a high profile case. Hence the subtle (or not so subtle) denigration of Allison's character.

He must have had some redeeming qualities for Allison to want the marriage to work, and as previously stated I have enormous sympathy for their day to day financial situation. This forum is so pro-Allison I sometimes feel obligated to think about it from the opposite angle.

And then I think that he promised Toni he would be separated by 1 July. Allison's birthday. Ouch, that is cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member