The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone play devil's advocate and tell me a good reason why NBC was putting a vacuum in his vehicle that morning?

Tea, anyone!! :floorlaugh:

I can't begin to describe what I'm feeling after the BC's testimonies. I'm shaking with anger and sadness.

We'll have tea and bikkies in cups and saucers to impress you that I'm a domesticated, caring all round good guy. :notgood:
Oh did I mention I have a hyphenated name? Oooo goody you are impressed!

See, now do I look like a husband that would kill his wife. Repeat after me...no.

Can someone play devil's advocate and tell me a good reason why NBC was putting a vacuum in his vehicle that morning?

count me out, Kimster.. Nige said he only put up signs.. :dunno:

ok so my son in law is missing, Im told homicide detectives are at their house. Is my first thought I better organise a Lawyer for my daughter? umm Nope! Unless I knew more than I was letting on. moo

“Not at that point, no, that came about later in the day when my daughter came home and reported to me there were 15 police officers at the house and nine police vehicles, that was Olivia,’’ Mr Baden-Clay said.

“I found that alarming news and I immediately telephoned my son and said `it’s probably time you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?’ and he said `yes please’.”

Mr Baden-Clay said a Gold Coast criminal lawyer called Darren Mahony was recommended to him through friends.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

Supposedly it was to vacuum a property, but surely they would have a separate one for the business?

I cannot think of anything legit...

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 47s
Ms Walker: went to Brookfield, saw Gerard had scratches on his face. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s
Ms Walker says she noticed scratches on the side of Gerard's face. They seemed fresh, weeping. #badenclay

Way to go Allison for leaving those scratches there as a witness to what really happened :)

I think those scratches are the key. The amount of police presence early on were probably the result of those scratches.

Ok were on a lunch break. Just gotta love Mrs Dickie, she has soooooo much she wants to tell but isnt allowed to because technically it isnt relevant to the question as they keep having to bring her back on track. Suffice to say she stuck up for her daughter and I get the impression she doesn't like the bcs much. She had the room bursting with laughter at some of her answers and then in tears at one point regarding a photo that always stood on display but when they went to the house that day it was gone.

ok so my son in law is missing, Im told homicide detectives are at their house. Is my first thought I better organise a Lawyer for my daughter? umm Nope! Unless I knew more than I was letting on. moo

“Not at that point, no, that came about later in the day when my daughter came home and reported to me there were 15 police officers at the house and nine police vehicles, that was Olivia,’’ Mr Baden-Clay said.

“I found that alarming news and I immediately telephoned my son and said `it’s probably time you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?’ and he said `yes please’.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

Came home and 'reported' to me... anyone else find that an odd way to phrase it? He is the Bwana and all his underlings have to report back to him all that they see and do...

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk

What brand was it? Maybe now what with Allison missing Geraaaaaard could finally get that Dyson, you know .. to fit in better with the new image he was trying to create .. he wanted the Electrolux disappeared before forensics had time to photograph the house as it could give the impression that they were, you know .. struggling.

Last week he told the court he was helping out his beloved son by doing a "little job" of cleaning & watering plants at a house that was up for sale.

Bring on the forensics I say!!

And the police had to tell him to take it out of the car & not to remove it SEVERAL TIMES!

Kimster you can answer this only if you have a hyphenated name. :crazy::D

Thinking of Allison's parents & Kerry Anne. Allison is right there with them in spirit I'm sure....

2md4emw.jpg

ole Gerard.. moaning away to Olivia about Alisons parenting skills... moaning away to Toni about the same thing.. ..

I bet Gerard and Toni spent many an hour nattering in high dudgeon about how Alison did stuff, and how Toni would do it better, and Gerard would be micromanaging it all.. Him and Toni flying down the freeway in his bigger car he told Philip Broome he would have to get to fit in his blended family. just him and Toni and the Baden-Clay-McKay-Woods-Mckay-McHugh kids...all the debts paid, and plenty of time to get into more debt if the story can hold together.. oh what larks....Gerard as king of the heap and Toni his obedient and ever compliant maid, lemme get my violin out.

Please don't Trooper - I know you can't play it!!

Because Gerard had asked him to water the garden and vacuum someone's (Rob's - friend) house as was selling next day. GBC couldn't do it as police were already there at Brookfield Road house.

From day 3 of the trial....

12 June 2014

Gerard Baden-Clay's father Nigel was stopped by police when he tried to leave his son's home with a vacuum cleaner on the morning Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing, a court heard on Thursday.

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said his son, a real estate agent, told him he had promised to water the plants and vacuum the carpets for a friend whose house was up for sale.

'It was a Friday and traditionally on Saturday real estate gets busy with open houses,' he said.

Gerard Baden-Clay then told his father there was a vacuum and hose pipe his car, and asked him to run the errands for him, the court heard.

'He said "if you could do that, it would be a great help".'

Mr Baden-Clay said he took the vacuum and hose pipe and put them in his car but was stopped by police before he left the house.

'I was about to leave and go and do these little jobs and the police constable asked me to stay… and not to take the car,' he told court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yed-court-day-murder-trial.html#ixzz34lmh4K16

I think those scratches are the key. The amount of police presence early on were probably the result of those scratches.

I spoke to a police friend who was seconded from the Gold Coast to take part in the initial search for Allison. His first words to me were "He had fingernail scratches on his face and he lawyered up right away. You know they're guilty when they lawyer up straight away." So yes, my impression is that the scratches were the very first red flag, then his behaviour.

The same police friend said it was naturally assumed by the police that the Indooroopilly accident was a (bad) attempt at suicide because there were no brake marks.

I have been doing a lot of internal advocating for the Devil lately, particularly with the calling of the police (and 000 at that) so early. No calling of friends, colleagues, family, neighbours but 000 on the pretext that GBC is so concerned that Allison has done something to herself. But when Nige and OW were questioned, they really could not testify anything that would justify this severe concern. No threats of suicide, crippling depression (rather, Allison had got her hair done and was attending a conference the following day), nothing other than her brother-in-law had a baby boy. That is the best they can come up with.

BUT, going along with (IMO) their version of events, that Allison was extremely depressed and GBC was so concerned that she hadn't come back from a walk that he called 000 before exploring any other avenues, why on earth would Nige go to water a few plants and vacuum a house for sale? How could that be more important than pounding the streets, asking every one he sees if they have seen Allison, giving police as much information as he possibly can to assist them?

Just doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member