The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-2658727-1ECF2BEC00000578-812_634x457.jpg

an interesting study here in the inner psyche exposed in the outer garments.. the hair, dishevelled, ungroomed, the obvious haste of the wearer in turning up in a short dressing gown, portraying a distinct detachment of time elapsing, the careful placement of the book. .. is it a melways?? how to get to the Supreme Court for your boyfriends murder trial? the choice of eyewear, always a dead giveaway, an attempt at glamour, hastily concocted.. and then the..

and he must miss talking to a captive audience.. and also... he would want to uponemanship Nige.. certainly Olivia, too.. against his lawyers advice would be a certainty, but I , for one, come round more and more from a position of being sure he wouldn't, to entertaining the highly likely possibility that he will not let the occasion slip past him.

surely he wouldn't don the yellowjacket for the event, but god alone knows how that mind works.. I don't discount that possibility either..

Ugh and all done in that shaky, poor me voice (as seen in his infamous chat with Channel 9. That voice is also the one Pistorius used . . .

Ugh and all done in that shaky, poor me voice (as seen in his infamous chat with Channel 9. That voice is also the one Pistorius used . . .

I have visions of the whole BC family turning up wearing yellow coats like an episode of Hi de Hi

Ms Walton also remembered a conversation in which Allison cried about her and Gerard's financial situation.

'They were really struggling ... it must have been some time in 2010

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-box-murder-trial-resumes.html#ixzz34n2Emd00

Some observations ... the deficiency was always attributed to Allison; OW appears to use 'words' without congruent meaning; lack of empathy by OW towards her SIL on many counts IMO. Another 'toxic' contributor to the relationship between GBC and ABC. My opinion only.

Also along Gold Creek Road there was really no footpath and no place to park a car except near the roundabout or down near the resthome. Any parking anywhere in between would have to be on the road and would attract attention it is a narrow road. Trust me you would notice something strange on this road. Not to mention all the cyclists that go that way in the morning.
..... and did he stop driving and park on the roadside while he telephoned 000? One would think he would have to use two hands to dial that new number (a 13 number). Wonder exactly which street he was in when that occurred? Or was he a passenger in a vehicle when he phoned?

..... and did he stop driving and park on the roadside while he telephoned 000? One would think he would have to use two hands to dial that new number (a 13 number). Wonder exactly he was when that occurred? Or was he a passenger in a vehicle when he phoned?

That is the question. If he was on that road parked he would be noticed if he was a passenger well that is another angle altogether. I traveled that route both ways every Mon-Fri for 20 months or so.

I have visions of the whole BC family turning up wearing yellow coats like an episode of Hi de Hi

there is a vid clip on the internet somewhere, it is Gerard and he is being 'interviewed' by another spruiker for real estate.. an unfortunate looking man is the 'interviewer.'.. some poor bloke with a badly aligned face, but he , you understand , worships Gerard as he leads him into his spiel.

Gerard is bright and shiny in his YellowJacket, complete with various Rotary pins, badges, all sorts of scrambled egg on the lapels of said jacket, and he warbles on telling the folks how good he is at training his staff to be the very best in the business..

in any other context, it would be a comedy clip, but under the circumstances it is grotesque . .. wish I could find it..

Gerards voice is also striking in its similarity to MickeyMouse on speed.

an interesting study here in the inner psyche exposed in the outer garments.. the hair, dishevelled, ungroomed, the obvious haste of the wearer in turning up in a short dressing gown, portraying a distinct detachment of time elapsing, the careful placement of the book. .. is it a melways?? how to get to the Supreme Court for your boyfriends murder trial? the choice of eyewear, always a dead giveaway, an attempt at glamour, hastily concocted.. and then the..

Air guitar??

article-2658727-1ECF2BEC00000578-812_634x457.jpg

I don't know, but last night I ended up reading a lot of the early threads and someone posted (name began with 'H' from memory) that if it's a circumstantial case put forth by prosecution, GBC will not take the stand. That poster went on further -- wish I'd saved it. Said even if GBC pleads guilty, he would not be required to testify. Damn, I knew I should have saved that post. Not a wasted word and it sounded very professional and knowledgeable. The gist of it was, this isn't tv. There won't be any US-style courtroom theatrics/aggressive cross questioning. If I have time later, I'll try to find it. Anyway, he ruled out the possibility of GBC taking the stand

In case no one has replied, It was Hawkins. And he was awesome. Might have to reread his posts. Wish he would come back!

See I walked that route that morning and would have hit the rest home about 6.50am and saw nothing. No Allison no OW searching etc. Not sure what bushes she was looking behind because she would have been noticed by the other 80 or so employees that traveled that same route to start at 7-7.30am. Noone at work mentioned anything strange on the way. Only people coming back from lunch who saw the police etc then.

To dear kiwijane, This is such a vitally important post. Almost makes you a witness to part of the scene.
You were there, right plonk exactly at the time in question.
You saw NO Allison out walking?
You saw no OW driving around looking and questioning people just like yourself?

Is the Court being fed a fistful of lies?
Here, right here on WS, we have an eye witness to events as they happened. More precisely, as they didn't happen.
Back to the fistful of lies.

That is the question. If he was on that road parked he would be noticed if he was a passenger well that is another angle altogether. I traveled that route both ways every Mon-Fri for 20 months or so.
..... sounds like it would be able to be proved that it was a concocted story ... for a particular reason!

In case no one has replied, It was Hawkins. And he was awesome. Might have to reread his posts. Wish he would come back!

I found it. Took me ages. If I'd had the sense to come back to the thread, I would have seen all the tips saying it was probably Hawkins. And yes, it was

Hope I'm allowed to quote the relevant post here. I'll add the thread link at the end

Very few details are likely to come out in court if it becomes a murder trial. The accused very rarely gives any oral evidence in such a trial and will therefore not be cross-examined or even speak in court beyond entering a plea. There would only be the assertions of the Crown based on what they can piece together. If the case is largely circumstantial then the prosecution doesn't even really produce a theory as to what actually happened beyond the simple assertion that the accused caused the death of the deceased. If there is a plea of guilty then there is no trial and, since the penalty is mandatory, there is no need for the convicted person to then say anything at the sentence hearing.

If it becomes a manslaughter trial then the Crown simply has to prove that the accused caused the death and very few details are required for that. A guilty plea is very common to mansluaghter because that plea will ordinarily reduce the sentence by 30%. A guilty plea to murder is cery uncommon, because there is no sentence discount for the plea.

The circumstances of this lady's death will likely never be known. Even if an accused person makes some sort of admission these are usually motivated by a desire to mitigate a manslaughter sentence and are therefore self-serving and somewhat unreliable.

But the public apetite for more details is usually inversely proportional to how many are available. This is the sort of case that will spawn books and significant profits for publishers. None of those profits are likely to make their way to the children which is a great pity

Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

dammit Trooper - you just made me snarf my tea

I remember one unforgettable line in the vid clip of Gerard selling himself. he says, in all seriousness , that he is training his staff to be clones of himself...

I am not kidding here..

To dear kiwijane, This is such a vitally important post. Almost makes you a witness to part of the scene.
You were there, right plonk exactly at the time in question.
You saw NO Allison out walking?
You saw no OW driving around looking and questioning people just like yourself?

Is the Court being fed a fistful of lies. Here, right here on WS, we have an eye witness to events as they happened. More precisely, as they didn't happen.
Back to the fistful of lies.

I never saw Allison ever. I lived near her house, walked past it every morning and apparently along her preferred walking route. I never saw her. Trust me that wouldn't have been my preferred place to walk next to no footpaths and you had to walk on the road or grass.

The police interviewed me and I told them this. They even came to my work and asked questions and they searched our property etc.

Thursday, April 19: Gerard Baden-Clay allegedly claims he last saw his wife Allison watching Channel Nine's The Footy Show in their living room about 10pm.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lays-arrest-20120615-20fau.html#ixzz34nfLiIWt

Just found this, first time I've read what Allison apparently was watching that night.

For the last 2 years, I have not been able to channel surf on a Thursday night and not get the chills when the Footy Show flicks up. I've never watched it, but i sure know what night of the week it's on now :(

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I remember one unforgettable line in the vid clip of Gerard selling himself. he says, in all seriousness , that he is training his staff to be clones of himself...

I am not kidding here..

Is that the same one where he rants about honesty and why you should never lie?

Unfortunately I am not mistaken. Just so unbelievable that people can actually be like this. It just does my head in.

I'm shocked that even after that performance they were admitted!

That always struck me as bogus too. Alison was an educated woman who spoke five languages. Now I don't mean to diss watchers of the Footy Show (well ok, maybe a little ;p) but don't you think that if left to her own devices, Allison might have been watching, oh, just about anything else?

That sounds more to me like something that GBC would watch; that when making up a story later he'd look through the TV program and think "oh what was on at 10 - ok 'The Footy Show' ". A narcissist wouldn't think far enough outside themselves to consider what another person might have preferred to watch (unless they really needed to manipulate them for something).

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads