The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw Allison ever. I lived near her house, walked past it every morning and apparently along her preferred walking route. I never saw her. Trust me that wouldn't have been my preferred place to walk next to no footpaths and you had to walk on the road or grass.

The police interviewed me and I told them this. They even came to my work and asked questions.
If Allison usually walked each and every morning .... one wouldn't think that she always wore the same clothes.... as described by GBC and her children.....surely she would have about at least 3 different combinations... ........ that is if she did in fact walk....funny nobody seems to have ever seen her walking that somewhat regularly.

Is that the same one where he rants about honesty and why you should never lie?

yes!!.. it s all coming back to me!!.. my memory was fazed by the recall of the peculiar face of his 'interviewer'.. but yes. there was that in it as well. how honest he was, how honest he was trying to train everyone else to be.. he stands to the right of the poor man and gazes deeply into his eyes, the poor man gazes deeply back, utterly in a swoon.. Gerard actually drools a little bit.. every now and then Gerard fixes his little eyes onto the viewer and gives them a little cheeky boyish floppypuppy smile..

it's so terrible. I will search for it, because every now and then there has to be some comedy in this vileness... even horrified comedy.. its on one of my harddiscs from 2 years ago.. unless I have pitched it.

If Allison usually walked each and every morning .... one wouldn't think that she always wore the same clothes.... as described by GBC and her children.....surely she would have about at least 3 different combinations... ........ that is if she did in fact walk....funny nobody seems to have ever seen her walking that somewhat regularly.

Exactly. I had no choice but to walk I was relatively new to Australia and didn't have a car so I walked to work. Maybe I did have important info that was overlooked.

there is a vid clip on the internet somewhere, it is Gerard and he is being 'interviewed' by another spruiker for real estate.. an unfortunate looking man is the 'interviewer.'.. some poor bloke with a badly aligned face, but he , you understand , worships Gerard as he leads him into his spiel.

Gerard is bright and shiny in his YellowJacket, complete with various Rotary pins, badges, all sorts of scrambled egg on the lapels of said jacket, and he warbles on telling the folks how good he is at training his staff to be the very best in the business..

in any other context, it would be a comedy clip, but under the circumstances it is grotesque . .. wish I could find it..

Gerards voice is also striking in its similarity to MickeyMouse on speed.

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-hoZ3kyNTq_B5sEW_ZKsAtRMLzbVEFY8J/Gerard-BadenClay-real-estate

For the last 2 years, I have not been able to channel surf on a Thursday night and not get the chills when the Footy Show flicks up. I've never watched it, but i sure know what night of the week it's on now :(

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I am the same Freya :( it just makes me sad to come across it on a Thursday night...

Sorry it's taken me so long to post following my morning in court. I also shouldn't post using my phone in a bus as I re read my post and it made little sense!

The overflow court room
I have never been in an overflow courtroom before and it was a very interesting experience. The normal courtroom is very serious and full of lots of official people including the judge, barristers, lawyers, bailiffs, security and the families of the parties involved. Not so in the overflow court. It was like movie night without the popcorn! There were 2 big screens set up just in front of the first set of lawyer tables so the room was about half the size. The rest of the room was screened off. The screen on the left was for exhibits such as the map of Brookfield that OW used to describe where she drove searching for Allison. On the right the screen was divided into 4 sections like the brady bunch screen. Top left was a close up of the judge. Top right was a close up of the witness giving evidence. Bottom left was the judges view looking at the prosecution lawyers with GBC sitting behind them in the dock and the public gallery behind. On the right was the defence. The room was packed including about 20 private high school girls. People were sitting on the floor and it was very uncourt like. People were finally allowed to sit in the dock after some time.There were only two court ladies sitting with the video machine thing.

Many in the overflow room reacted to various witnesses, including one lady who yelled out to Olivia on the screen "you are lying!" When Nigel made his now infamous judgement on dark clothes being a manifestation of depression, there were great stirrings in the room with most of the people there commenting on their level of depression based on what they were wearing. Lots of vocal interaction which would not happen in the courtroom. Laughing and a few claps. I kept thinking we are going to get in trouble. I am following the Oscar Pistorius trial and on one day there were lots of outbursts in the overflow room that I think the judge could hear and she had words to them . Lucky today we were on a completely different floor. I have to say there was a hell of a lot more atmosphere in that overflow room than I have ever seen in a courtroom. And a great close up of the witnesses that you normally don't get to see. So if anyone is worried about not getting a seat in the courtroom don't worry, go to the overflow room and get a seat early.

Nigel

He was well spoken with little accent. We were nearly sent into a hypnotic trance with his striped tie from the video feed ( the reason newsreaders wear plain ones). He looked uncomfortable to begin with. He took responsibility for filling in the life insurance claim forms for GBC to sign and for GBC notifying the life insurance company on the day Allison's body was found. His reason this was done was he said due to the terms in the policy that requires immediate notification of an event (death). I found this very interesting because I have collected hundreds and hundreds of life insurances for deceased estates that I have administered. Not one of those was rushed to "comply with the terms of the policy". I would say to clients at a first meeting, let's get the funeral sorted and paid and a death certificate, then we will notify all the companies, banks, share registeries etc. Not once did I ever get a reply from a life insurance company upset that they weren't notified the day of the persons death. Never ever ever.
He also took responsibility for GBC lawyering up the day Allison was reported missing. OW told him that there were police everywhere and Nigel found that very concerning. Me, I would have thought that's amazing, all these wonderful police taking Allison's disappearance so seriously and so quickly. But no he is worried they are suspecting his son has done away with her. He had good reason though given the horrific scratch marks on his face that were weeping for all to see.

Olivia
Confirmed her name as Olivia ? Baden Walton. Can't remember her middle name. She gave a very polished testimony. She appeared calm and was very well spoken, however her constant wringing of her hands showed her underlying feelings. You have heard the reports of her testimony, a very mixed recollection of Allison. She described her as very capable, smart etc on the one hand but then as someone not able to cope with life. She described in great detail that the prosecution just let her go on with, about all the support and help she gave Allison such as caring for Allisons children and teaching her how to cook basic meals etc. She seemed confused throughout her relationship with Allison about why she couldn't cope yet what I found really odd was that she appeared not to try to raise it with Allison and offer to take her to the doctor or get her help. I just couldn't understand this. Sure Allison was a private person but if Olivia really had to do all she said she did for Allison then she had every right and reason to get serious with Allison about the underlying cause of Allison's problems.
I feel the prosecution got all this info about Allison's problems about depression out in the open so it takes the wind out of the defences sails so to speak. When the prosecution on redirect asked Olivia is she had any concerns about Allisons mood in that last week, she thought about her answer carefully and said a clear no, though she then added she could never read Allison! She was certainly pushing the depression agenda. The other agenda that she was pushing was that the birth of Adams baby upset Allison as she wanted a boy. I think the defence are trying to use this as a catalyst as a reason for Allison to kill herself. It's clearly clutching at straws in my opinion.

One tidbit, Olivia's husband was a friend of GBC and he and Olivia met at Allison and GBC's wedding in August 1997.

Mrs Dickie

Oh my, what a lovely lady. Everyone in the overflow room wanted to clap when she finished her testimony and some did, there were some cheers! Beautifully dressed and ready to testify. She was ready after 2 yrs to speak up for her daughter, and that she did, very well. When asked if Allison would have been upset about Adam's son, she exclaimed, of course what mother who has 2 or 3 girls wouldn't. She said she herself was thrilled to have a boy after her 2 girls. So again took the wind out the defences sails so well by being over the top about it and not frightened by admitting Allison would have wanted a boy. But she made it sound like it was no big deal just one of those things. She was very concerned about the state of the house when they arrived as it was so clean and sterile. I don't think she meant that it smelt like bleach or cleaning fluids as she would surely have said that. She said that Allison was clean but the house as one would expect with 3 children was usually a bit untidy. She could not believe how the house looked and was very concerned by it. The defence barrister wasn't happy with her using the word sterile and she had a go at him about well what word would you like me to use. How about very very clean! She was also upset that a round photo was not in its usual place near the entry. It was a photo taken at their wedding of the back of Allison and GBC representing them walking towards their future. A common wedding pic, I have one too.

Mr Dickie

His testimony was fairly short as his wife had done most of the talking to GBC when they arrived so he didn't have a lot to add to what she had said.

Kerry Ann

She was nervous and anxious to help with her testimony. Clearly Allison's best friend, knew about the depression and said Allison had got through it and was fantastic. Did not know Allison had found out about Toni but had asked Allison several times was GBC having an affair as she was suss about him. No doubt Allison was embarrassed that her friend was right all along and didn't want to be told, I told you so. You would think that Olivia and Kerry Ann were describing two completely different people in their evidence about Allison. Clearly Olivia overemphasised the depression and Kerry Ann glossed over it. I only heard the morning session so did not get to hear the defence questioning Kerry Ann.

Toni

Well I wouldn't know because I was on the bus! Bugger.

That is the question. If he was on that road parked he would be noticed if he was a passenger well that is another angle altogether. I traveled that route both ways every Mon-Fri for 20 months or so.

kiwijayne you should've been a witness to say you didn't see Allison.

Air guitar??

article-2658727-1ECF2BEC00000578-812_634x457.jpg

Hey guys please quit with the photos I'll have nightmares.

I've been following this thread(s) for the last two years, and have rarely posted, but in February this year it suddenly got more personal when my friend, Cheryl Adamson and her husband Robert were murdered in Melbourne.

I really just wanted to say - well done - to all of you who have followed this case so loyally and passionately for so long.

I love how many have taken the time to attend court, or repost tweets, or just be on-line and debate all the details.

It really must be so comforting to Allison's family that there are so many who believe that she met an untimely end, and are prepared to 'see it through'.

I dont' think we'll get the same for Cheryl and Robert, as the accused has plead guilty and therefore they won't get their 'day in court' the same way. And, while thats good in some ways, it will leave unanswered questions for the rest of us.

But I'm sure Allison is smiling on you all, and that reading this is a comfort to her family - so well done, Websleuths! And particularly those of you who are personally involved. You have my sympathy and admiration.

I've been following this thread(s) for the last two years, and have rarely posted, but in February this year it suddenly got more personal when my friend, Cheryl Adamson and her husband Robert were murdered in Melbourne.

I really just wanted to say - well done - to all of you who have followed this case so loyally and passionately for so long.

I love how many have taken the time to attend court, or repost tweets, or just be on-line and debate all the details.

It really must be so comforting to Allison's family that there are so many who believe that she met an untimely end, and are prepared to 'see it through'.

I dont' think we'll get the same for Cheryl and Robert, as the accused has plead guilty and therefore they won't get their 'day in court' the same way. And, while thats good in some ways, it will leave unanswered questions for the rest of us.

But I'm sure Allison is smiling on you all, and that reading this is a comfort to her family - so well done, Websleuths! And particularly those of you who are personally involved. You have my sympathy and admiration.

My condolences

.... kiwijayne ..... did you go to the Police and tell them that you would have seen Allison? It is too late now, I guess.

I told them when they talked to me maybe two days after she was missing and also the 25th when they came again to our house.

I told them when they talked to me maybe two days after she was missing and also the 25th when they came again to our house.
.... well then I hope the Police had enough other pertinent evidence to support a 'beyond reasonable doubt' finding in GBC's guilt. We can only hope so! I am sure there is other information that was supplied to them ..... they have chosen to not use.

I also talked to them after that when I had a strange man approach me outside the tennis courts on Brookfield Rd. It was a day I had started later and had someone picking me up on the way through. A strange man had stood across the road watching me and then he crossed over and asked where the shop was. He just seemed out of place.

Exactly. I had no choice but to walk I was relatively new to Australia and didn't have a car so I walked to work. Maybe I did have important info that was overlooked.

Dear Kiwijane, I believe you, I promise. Not just because, (though I considered your Means Motive and Opportunity, and failed to see any); No, it was more to do with the fact that you walked, no car. (A long time ago, this was me too. Got around everywhere on foot) When you are on foot, you take a lot more details in. Not only do you recognise each and every house and the state of their lawns etc, you also recognise people and faces.
Not only do I believe you when you say you saw NO Allison out walking, and you say you saw no OW driving around looking and questioning people just like you; I believe that all that is a LIE. A Pure fabrication. A furphy. I do not believe that Allison was out walking. I do not believe OW either.
Thank you dear Kiwijane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members