Dog given away during owner's deployment

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
soldier1n-2-web.jpg

Brandon Harker came home from deployment to Afganistan only to find that a "friend" who he had entrusted the care of his beloved yellow lab, Oakley, had "gotten rid of" the loveable pooch. Let's try to locate Oakley and reunite this hero and his pup!

https://www.facebook.com/bringoakleyhome

Army soldier returns from 9-month tour of Afghanistan to find friend gave away his dog

What a doggone shame.

Army 1st Lt. Brandon Harker, who spent nine months in Afghanistan, was set for a joyous reunion with his yellow Labrador retriever this month but returned to find his beloved pooch was gone.

Worse yet, he said, it turned out the “good friend” whom he entrusted with caring for 2-year-old Oakley was the one who gave him up.

“I am just trying to get him back to me since he was wrongfully given away or sold without my permission while I was deployed,” Harker, who is stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma, Wash., wrote on a Craigslist ad last week asking for help finding his pet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nistan-find-friend-sold-dog-article-1.1414175

The so called friend should know who bought or recieved the dog if that is what happened.This person could have contacted other family and friends if he was having issues caring for the dog.Hopeully with the word out on social media they can find him.I bet this happens alot with deployed soldiers.

The so called friend should know who bought or recieved the dog if that is what happened.This person could have contacted other family and friends if he was having issues caring for the dog.Hopeully with the word out on social media they can find him.I bet this happens alot with deployed soldiers.

https://www.facebook.com/DogsonDeployment

For the common love of dog and country.
Support your troops by boarding their pets.

www.dogsondeployment.org

It is always possible the dog bolted and ran away due to the so-called friend's negligence and the story of giving him away made himself sound more responsible...although cruel to the soldier.

With the distinct coloring on the dog, maybe he will be easier to spot (no pun intended). If the dog was given to (or found by) another soldier, Oakley could be anywhere in the country by now.

Keep sharing on Facebook and help bring Oakley home! After any deployment, our soldiers deserve to come home to their "babies" who have also missed them and longed for their return. The friend should be ashamed! There is no honor in breaking a man's heart especially after he served his country with pride overseas.

Army 1st Lt. Brandon Harker, Thank you for your service, Sir. Count me in on the quest to find your beloved Oakley. (Recon is adorable.)

Hopefully he was reunited with his dog because that FB page above has had no posts since August 1, 2013

There is a response on June 8, 2014 from Bring Oakley Home to a sighting of a dog that looks like Oakley. The response says that the information will be relayed to Brandon. Perhaps Brandon has re-deployed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back