AR AR - Verna Hollingsworth, 43, Fort Smith, 10 July 1985

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
hollingsworth_verna_zps2bf63b37.jpg

http://swtimes.com/news/special-reports/series-fort-smith-woman-s-disappearance-leaves-family-perplexed

On July 14, 1985, Verna Hollingsworth was reported missing by her daughter, Brenda Rastegar. Before being reported missing, Hollingsworth had visited her daughter in Texas, then returned home. When Rastegar then came to Fort Smith to visit her mother, something was not right at the home, said detective Troy Williams, who has been assigned the case...

Rastegar found her mother’s vehicle in the driveway, but when she unlocked the door to the home, Hollingsworth was not there. The air conditioning was running and there was no padlock on the door, which was unusual. There was also no sign of a struggle in the home, and most of Hollingsworth’s belongings were there, Williams said...

Pauline Hollingsworth said she’s had suspicions that have continued to plague her. “I guess (the police) looked, and checked a lot — and maybe so, but I never felt like they did as much as they should,” she said. “They just kept saying ‘without a body we can’t do anything.’ … It just seemed like that was about all the answer we would ever get from them, so the body was what I was wanting them to find.”

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9729

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollingsworth_verna.html

i wonder how soon after Verna's visit in Tex that the daughter came up to Ark? and i wonder if anyone saw Verna in Fort Smith after her visit to Tex.

i wonder how soon after Verna's visit in Tex that the daughter came up to Ark? and i wonder if anyone saw Verna in Fort Smith after her visit to Tex.
It does’nt pass the nose test i can tell you that!!!!

NO MA’AM, NOONE SAW HER SUPPOSEDLY RETURN TO FT SMITH!

2D9EA329-26E1-4979-AD8C-5F11A19BA093.png I’m Verna Sue Hollingsworth.I’ve been missing/Endangered from Ft.Smith, Arkansas since summer of 1985.Please help find me.Any info no matter how trivial may help me.Thank you for your help.

View attachment 265890 I’m Verna Sue Hollingsworth.I’ve been missing/Endangered from Ft.Smith, Arkansas since summer of 1985.Please help find me.Any info no matter how trivial may help me.Thank you for your help.
This may get more attention in the Missing section of the forum rather than the Unidentified section.

The daughter came by several days later after Verna was seen by family and friends in Fort Smith, Verna also was seeing a man that was the ast person to see her alive..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back