The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a zoomed image of the cut on GBC's hand. IMO this one is hard to call. It may well have been a cut GBC sustained from elsewhere but my mind immediately goes to a visual of him clamping this hand over Allison's mouth and coming into contact with a tooth.

It's been stated that Allison's left eye tooth was chipped. If you visualise GBC standing behind Allison, grabbing her with his right hand (the cut hand) and clamping that hand over her mouth, that cut would pretty well line up with Allison's eye tooth. At the very least it would come into contact with her teeth, causing a cut.

Attachments

• Cut-hand.jpg
    Cut-hand.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 45
If Allison was just having her hair streaked and touched up, it won't have taken 3 hours. Thursday night is busy in most salons and they try to fit people in and get them out as quickly as possible. I can have my hair coloured, cut and streaked in under 2 hours. It is not a long process. The other thing that intrigues me about the hairdresser is the phone records that show Allison ringing them at 4.48pm, not something you do if you are at the hairdresser!

Alison's hair was long and being corrected for the second time - the hairdressers needed to get it right this time... My hair is mid length and takes 3 hours for colour plus foils (no cut)

Alison's hair was long and being corrected for the second time - the hairdressers needed to get it right this time... My hair is mid length and takes 3 hours for colour plus foils (no cut)

I think I am going to have to chat to my hairdresser, I must be getting value for my money. Lol

Something must have raised suspicion for the police to arrive so soon. There have been suggestions that they had been called to the address previously. Is it the case that any past offences would not be disclosed until after the trial?

I'm a little late in catching up..sorry...but yes, of course, this makes perfect sense. Why else would they have come so quickly? Well done, Tangled Web :drumroll:

Do you think there will be a cheesemaker on the stand poss? They seem to play such a recurring part in all this (owning house being "renovated" when hand was cut, owning home needing to be "vacuumed", owning car that was in an "accident", provided supporting affidavit for GBC at bail hearing, what else.....?)

Being one of first to visit at A Gorrie. Very stoic friendships are made at the Toowoomba Grammar School

You know what?
Gerard made the bed. He would have known if Allison"s side had been slept in. How could he not know?

If usually unmade (as the children's usually were) he wouldn't have known.

He pulled the covers back on her side that morning but it seems bed making wasn't a routine priority. Three young girls - something's not a priority (that bed was most likely not a place of pride sadly).

IMO

You know, I just don't get it. It is such a bone-headed thing to do, to murder one's spouse for the insurance money. One would have to commit "the perfect murder", so to speak, in order to get away from it. GBC, with all his umming and ahhing, really doesn't sound like he has thought his story through terribly well. This is why I keep wondering about an accidental escalation of a domestic incident. The sheer stupidity of it all - could anyone really be that stupid? And seemingly no consideration to leaving his daughters without a mother?

I'm showing some naïveté here I'm sure. It's so senseless. Wasteful. Cruel. Pardon me for musing.

I agree. I think that he'd been plotting it for a while, but planning something a lot neater. But then he just lost it that night in an argument that got out of control and went through with it there and then.

And no - you don't need to be pardoned for having a caring human response to something horrible and stupid :)

Apologies if this has been asked before but what direction was toni mchugh living in at the time of allisons death? Was she possibly leaving the house to confront Toni after Gerard's drawing of the unit along with any info he had shared?? Maybe very upset and leaving to confront her......??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it assumed or known when ABC died?

Is it possible she was first hurt (bled) then placed in Captiva (with or without help) and/or at that time possibly impaired before 'arriving' at her final position on the creek bank (under the bridge) ? (down stream?)

I may be frustrating everyone with having too little of the known facts.
Please say so - I won't be offended or mind returning to my lurking perch! :blushing:

BBM

Text copied from GBC's charge sheet...

Details of Charge

Charge 1 of 2

Criminal Code(CC)-(CC) 302&305 Murder

That on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at BRISBANE in the State of Queensland one GERARD ROBERT BADEN-CLAY murdered ALLISON JUNE BADEN-CLAY

Address of offence: 593 BROOKFIELD RD, BROOKFIELD, QLD 4069
---------------------------------------

Charge 2 of 2

Criminal Code (CC) -)CC)236(b) Misconduct with corpse by interfering

That on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at BRISBANE in the State of Queensland one GERARD BADEN-CLY IMPROPERLY INTERFERED WITH A DEAD HUMAN BODY

Address of offence: CREEK - KHOLO CREEK, MOUNT CROSBY,QLD 4306

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048041&postcount=3"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

You know, I just don't get it. It is such a bone-headed thing to do, to murder one's spouse for the insurance money. One would have to commit "the perfect murder", so to speak, in order to get away from it. GBC, with all his umming and ahhing, really doesn't sound like he has thought his story through terribly well. This is why I keep wondering about an accidental escalation of a domestic incident. The sheer stupidity of it all - could anyone really be that stupid? And seemingly no consideration to leaving his daughters without a mother?

I'm showing some naïveté here I'm sure. It's so senseless. Wasteful. Cruel. Pardon me for musing.

Yes I agree - an escalation that was unplanned, and then he thought he could get the insurance money out of it ...

Apologies if this has been asked before but what direction was toni mchugh living in at the time of allisons death? Was she possibly leaving the house to confront Toni after Gerard's drawing of the unit along with any info he had shared?? Maybe very upset and leaving to confront her......??

Toni was in a unit at Toowong (opposite direction from Kholo Ck)

(and now i'm annoyed realising I know more about these damn people than I do about some of my friends! >.< )

Toni was in a unit at Toowong (opposite direction from Kholo Ck)

(and now i'm annoyed realising I know more about these damn people than I do about some of my friends! >.< )

Thanks for the reply.... Hmmmm pretty obvious thought but I find it hard to read all of these posts so I miss quite a lot sometimes. Plus I'm in NSW..... No idea of the geography up there.

I think I am going to have to chat to my hairdresser, I must be getting value for my money. Lol

My hair is long - past my bra - I am out in less than 3 hours with colour, foils, cut and blow dry. It is a really variable thing and can't be guessed at it appears. :)

Folks the bail hearing documents are all contained in the following link...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202113"]Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Another thing I remembered from today, we were shown a photo of the empty zoloft packet found on the car, it was dated 3/3/2014. Not sure how many tablets there are in a packet as to it being empty on the 20th when it was found. I didnt know this but the packet was found sitting on the spare tyre outside of the car.

How bizarre.

I know that I am still 'banging on' about medication, but yesterday I posted:

"Sertraline packet found
This may sound pedantic, but Kieron Ash said that he had located medication in the central console of the Captiva ..... it was a box saying it was Sertraline which had been prescribed to Allison, and he placed the packet on the bonnet of the Captiva. There was nothing in the Prado.
I did not hear anything from Police today about finding Zoloft in the vehicle (maybe this is still to come!)."

Other Posters enlightened me as to the fact that Sertraline and Zoloft are one and the same medication.

Yesterday, Kieron Ash said in the Trial:
20 Apr - “I located some medication that belonged to Allison in the central console of the vehicle, between the two front seats just behind the handbrake.”
Constable Ash said he took the medication out and placed it on the bonnet of the car.
The jury was shown a photo of the box of Zoloft prescribed to Allison Baden Clay that he found.
He said there was nothing in the Prado that was of interest and he failed to find the phone in either car.

Yesterday, http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226956622231
20 Apr - 'Sgt Jackson said his attention was eventually drawn to the Holden Captiva in the car port, where a packet of prescription medication was found.
“I noticed most of the medication had been consumed,” he said.'

Today, http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226957998156
Mr Byrne held up a journal that belonged to Allison Baden-Clay in the court.

The jury was shown a photo of the main bedroom and Sen-Constable Simmons agreed he found the journal underneath a bedside table.

He agreed he found an empty box of sertraline or Zoloft tablets.

“From memory I think it was on top of the rear tyre of the car,” he said."
(Both these finds occurred on 21 April 2012)

.... From my Trial observation today, Sen-Constable Simmons also said that there was no foil in the box. (I don't know if anybody else remembers hearing this as well!).

My point is:
There seems to be quite a significant discrepancy between the evidence given by Kieron Ash and Snr-Constable Simmons.

Questions:
......was it merely memory problems in evidence of the two Police Officers? Or,
......was another packet of Zoloft placed on the rear tyre of the car overnight.

If usually unmade (as the children's usually were) he wouldn't have known.

He pulled the covers back on her side that morning but it seems bed making wasn't a routine priority. Three young girls - something's not a priority (that bed was most likely not a place of pride sadly).

IMO

Still, only the second person to get up can make it, if the first person has left the house. And it was made. Gerard made the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff