GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE

Once again:

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI's.
  • We do not link to social networking profiles of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social networking page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • Linking to social networking profiles/pages is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you cannot link to it, you cannot post it, nor post about it.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

FINAL WARNING -- TO's will follow, no questions asked.

*This post falls at random and applies to everyone, and no one in particular.

Just saying...

I also thought that could be why the search dogs didn't pick up anything.
I.e. the murder happened elsewhere, she was transported in her own car, already deceased, and then put her in the woods- there was no scent to track/follow from the car because the car was driven there after placing the body? Just a theory.....not sure if the times/tweets support this though.....

How do you the k9s didn't pick anything up? TIA

How do you the k9s didn't pick anything up? TIA

I guess what I meant was, that the search dogs didn't ultimately find her, the search party did, one of the volunteers. I thought for sure the dogs would be the ones to find her if she was in the area.

Friends, family gather to mourn murdered mom from Medford
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
MIDDLE ISLAND (WABC) --

[...]

A viewing was held Tuesday night for 21-year-old Sarah Goode at a funeral home in Middle Island, and the wake continues Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

[...]

Volunteer searchers smelled a foul odor Thursday and alerted authorities, who found the decomposing body near Camden Court, about a half a mile from where Goode's BMW was found the previous Sunday.

I guess what I meant was, that the search dogs didn't ultimately find her, the search party did, one of the volunteers. I thought for sure the dogs would be the ones to find her if she was in the area.

According to one of the news reports they did not search where she was found with the dogs. She was at the other end of the wooded area. IMO.

Police identify body found in Medford as missing woman Sarah Goode
News 12 Long Island
Originally published: June 14, 2014 6:00 PM -- Updated: June 14, 2014 10:03 PM

Family members say Goode had recently broken up with her boyfriend, but police would not say if he is a person of interest.
Funeral plans set for murdered Medford mom, Sarah Goode
News 12 Long Island
Originally published: June 16, 2014 7:51 AM -- Updated: June 16, 2014 5:56 PM

[...]

Police say Goode was the victim of a homicide, but they have not yet released the cause of death. Witnesses say she was wearing flip flops and her body was in disarray.
Body of missing mom found in Long Island: cops
New York Post
By Matt McNulty June 12, 2014

[...]

There were signs of a physical struggle inside her abandoned car...

According to one of the news reports they did not search where she was found with the dogs. She was at the other end of the wooded area. IMO.

I just figured if she had walked from the car to those woods (for what reason I don't know) that the dogs would pick up her scent, follow it from the car to the woods and find her there. Maybe I'm overestimating the conditions for the dogs to be able to do that. I know a retired police officer who retired with her bloodhound, and that dog was amazing when it comes to tracking- they can even differentiate the scent difference between identical twin babies. I don't know if Suffolk County PD has tracking dogs at their disposal though.

Has LE been asking the public for tip this week? If not, they may just be waiting on forensics.

Map at this link

Suffolk cops: Body found is missing Medford woman

Friday, Jun 13, 2014 - 6:35 am -- Southold LOCAL

2014_0613_missing_woman_Goode_Sarah.jpg

[...]

Suffolk homicide detectives are investigating. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392, or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential, police said.

I just figured if she had walked from the car to those woods (for what reason I don't know) that the dogs would pick up her scent, follow it from the car to the woods and find her there. Maybe I'm overestimating the conditions for the dogs to be able to do that. I know a retired police officer who retired with her bloodhound, and that dog was amazing when it comes to tracking- they can even differentiate the scent difference between identical twin babies. I don't know if Suffolk County PD has tracking dogs at their disposal though.

RQBM

But...I would think that if the car was driven around the block or down the street from the point she/he/they entered the woods there would be no scent trail from the car. Thoughts? How much ground do you think they cover with the dogs? If they don't detect a scent trail, do they keep going or call it off in that area?

I didn't mean to sound argumentative. Sorry if it came off that way. :blushing:

I thought you had read/ heard that nothing was picked up by the dogs.
IMO She was dumped and then the car was moved. Sounds awful. It is awful.
Suffolk county has a reputable SAR team.

I can't see why she would have walked into the woods...why would she do that? I think that she was carried or chased into woods. Probably carried, if no scent trail was found from the car, jmo

I didn't mean to sound argumentative. Sorry if it came off that way. :blushing:

I thought you had read/ heard that nothing was picked up by the dogs.
IMO She was dumped and then the car was moved. Sounds awful. It is awful.
Suffolk county has a reputable SAR team.

You weren't argumentative at all, no worries. I just wanted to make sure I didn't come across like I have inside information (I wish I did!) I think sometimes I sound that way because I have thought about this case so much I made myself an honorary member of the detective squad LOLOL

You weren't argumentative at all, no worries. I just wanted to make sure I didn't come across like I have inside information (I wish I did!) I think sometimes I sound that way because I have thought about this case so much I made myself an honorary member of the detective squad LOLOL

:websleuther:

I can't see why she would have walked into the woods...why would she do that? I think that she was carried or chased into woods. Probably carried, if no scent trail was found from the car, jmo

Agreed. IMO she was murdered in/near the car, carried into woods and perp drove the car 1/2 mile to where it was left.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I created a newer map to update tjdegoed3's original map to include where her car was found and where Sarah was found.

The route that is highlighted isn't one that is definitely known, but it makes the most sense for a few reasons. 1) It cuts diagonally across to Shirley. 2) The location of her tweet at 8:51 pm. 3) Looking at at the satellite view in order to access William Floyd Parkway she would have had to either drive south a few blocks to reach an intersection that allows one to head north on WFP, or she would have had to drive north a few blocks to get on WFP and head south to reach a turn around to go north.

Does anyone recall if they found any of her personal effects in the car..purse, phone etc.? I think I remember either reading or hearing in the news that her keys weren't in the car.

Can anyone help us with his Twitter map. Droopy & I can't figure out what's wrong. When I click on his map google asks me to click to get approval from him. He has been bombarded with emails since he's posted it on websleuthes.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I am re-posting the map. It has come to my attention that other's weren't able to view it. I hadn't realized that was the case because no one mentioned anything in the thread about not being able to. That would explain all the request messages I received. I changed the settings in google maps, anyone with the link should be able to view it. If you still can't see it let me know.

I am re-posting the map. It has come to my attention that other's weren't able to view it. I hadn't realized that was the case because no one mentioned anything in the thread about not being able to. That would explain all the request messages I received. I changed the settings in google maps, anyone with the link should be able to view it. If you still can't see it let me know.

Great map, thanks for putting it back up. It gives me a better perspective. From Twitter we know who she was with and where she was. I pray the Suffolk County PD make an aresst soon & give the family some peace. They are really struggling, it's so tragic.

Thanks so much Droopy for this map. It really helps put it all together for me. Good Lord, that first tweet where SG is wondering where this night is taking her is a heartbreaker. Remember being that age, working all week and living for Friday night with your friends? This poor kid. Just makes me sick. ITA with the idea that something happened in that car and then she was brought into the woods to be dumped. It must have been as horrifying as it sounds.
R.I.P. Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member