The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:48am: Dr Hoskins also examined photographs of the injuries on Mr Baden-Clay's neck, chest and shoulder.

He said the scratch to Mr Baden-Clay's neck may have been a "scratch through clothing", although he could not rule out other explanations.

He added it was unlikely the mark was the result of "repeated scratching" such as that to ease an itch.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-7-week-2-20140619-3af2d.html#ixzz352eNPOJZ

That's sad, it sounds like Allison got some really good scratches in at first, then made a second weaker attempt to claw at his face :(

Or, the smaller later ones were an attempt to disguise the original scratch fingermarks...

OMG .. nothing? No idea on the huge chest graze? Care to hazard a guess?

I am so glad you found that. Thank you. Listening to him instead of reading it is really damning in my opinion. I can really pick up on the fact he talks of Allison in past tense.

Yep, continuosly! She WAS trying to lose weight etc etc.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Dr Hoskins says they don't seem to be from "repeated scratching". #badenclay

Dr Hoskins is now commenting on the injury to the left hand side of Gerard's chest.#badenclay

Dr Hoskins says they have two features. Some bruising and superficial scratching, red marks. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1qfaBUn

Due to time pressures, GBC adopts the Wolverine-esque "one quick slash" method of scratching caterpillar irritations...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Dr Hoskins says the bruising could be caused by falling against an object or striking an object. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins is now commenting on the injuries above Gerard's right armpit. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 4m

Dr Hoskins says marks on neck area have appearance of scratches through clothing. Other causes can't be ruled out. @abcnews #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Dr Hoskins says there is bruising, red marks. He can suggest three possible causes. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins says clothing being pulled backwards, a backpack strap being pulled or fingernails through clothing. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins is being shown the scratches on Gerard's face again. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 38s
Dr Hoskins says there is bruising, red marks. He can suggest three possible causes. #badenclay

Yes please .. :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 3m

Dr Hoskins asked to comment on marks near Gerard's armpit. He says it's mainly bruising, a couple of possible skin breaks #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s

Dr Hoskins has seen photographs of Allison's hands. He says her nails had characteristics likely to "give rise to injuries such as this".

YES!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s

Dr Hoskins is now being questioned by the defence. #badenclay

The defence says Dr Hoskins' possible causes of Gerard's injuries are "complete speculation". #badenclay

Defence says he can't rule out other causes. Dr Hoskins says he can rule out some. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1qfaBUn

Dr Hoskins says he was asked to provide a report. #badenclay

Defence tells him it's impossible to be 100 per cent sure on cause. Dr Hoskins says that's true. #badenclay

So.........sorry parden my ignorance..........the 77 includes both prosecution and defence witnesses?

I imagine that is the case yes. There's been no mention which witnesses are for either pros or defence.

Why would the car blood have not been cleaned?

Not that I have a legal bone in my body.....I thought maybe she was suffocated consequently GBC did not see the need to remove any blood. JMO

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 47s

Forensic expert: "they might have all the hallmarks of fingernail scratches but I can't rule-out other causes" #badenclay @7NewsBrisbane

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 2m

Hoskins says 1 fingernail of Allison's still attached, irregularly groomed and could cause injuries like those on GBC. #badenclay @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s

Defence says one of the causes that can't be ruled out is a razor blade. Dr Hoskins says he is confident they weren't caused by a razor.

Defence: But you can't rule it out. Dr Hoskins says he can. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins says it's "implausible" that the scratches on Gerard's face were caused by a razor. #badenclay

???? have i missed something?

From one of our members who was in court yesterday...

Apparently there has been two new witnesses come to light since the weekend. One of those lives nearby, I think they said they will be on tomorrow

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10636342&postcount=813"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23