GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is to our Brookfield locals. Kiwijayne possibly walked the same apparent route as Allison regularly. (Allison had a treadmill).

When you first heard of Allison's disappearance did you continue with your day to day activities like walking or watering your gardens or happy to let your children play outside?

When GBC was charged were you all relieved or did you think there could be a murderer still at large?

Im 50/50 either way right now.
Just to know the truth and justice. No winners.

MOO MOO

In regards to this we took no extra precautions. When the police came around they offered no safety tips like lock your doors during the day or lock your cars etc.

I still walked to work but usually got a ride home from someone.

Same here. No change to my routine. In fact I was riding my bike around the area over the weekend she disappeared

The other thing that needs to be considered in the timeline of events is that GBC put his phone back on the charger around 1am.

So I would pin the time of the murder (if he is guilty) between 9.30pm and 11.00pm. It takes at least 20 minutes to drive from Brookfield to Kholo. So in between 11pm and 1am, driving and disposal takes place. Thus the screams recorded around 10.30pm are significant. The ones mentioned by Stephanie Apps will no doubt help the prosecution narrow down the timeframe.

Now I'm really confused. Can anyone confirm who it was G called at 7:09am? For some reason I thought it was Olivia. Now it seems it was Kate G called at that time. This is the time it's alleged G searched "self incrimination"!

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226957998156

So when did Olivia tell him to call police because he was out looking when he called OOO, was Olivia with him then?

The other thing that needs to be considered in the timeline of events is that GBC put his phone back on the charger around 1am.

So I would pin the time of the murder (if he is guilty) between 9.30pm and 11.00pm. It takes at least 20 minutes to drive from Brookfield to Kholo. So in between 11pm and 1am, driving and disposal takes place. Thus the screams recorded around 10.30pm are significant. The ones mentioned by Stephanie Apps will no doubt help the prosecution narrow down the timeframe.

Love the way you think, now onto some evidence please!!!!

That was my thinking too - if the "just before 10pm screams" can be ruled out but the "10:53pm scream" is still not accounted for, then this would seem to assist the prosecution. IMO.

Hillsdon, the information about the iPhone is in the committal hearing documents also located here on Websleuths. Hope that helps. Not making any of this up.

I think he had the rage to do it.. that it was done so cackhanded is one of the main reasons why I am certain it was him and no one else.. the whole thing is so full of flaws and idiocy it could only be Gerard.

He had the means.. he had the motive.. he had the opportunity.

Alison most likely went quietly, but she didn't go without a struggle, and she marked him forever. Its not much... He had a sort of a plan, but he got into a knot because he didn't know that Alison had arranged to meet Kate Rankin.. that must have sent him into a spinning panic, because I do not believe he ever intended to be the person actually reporting Alisons disappearance.. from then on , he had to play his timing backwards, while time and space and life goes on forwards, like it does for every thing and every one. . he hasn't caught up with it yet. He is stuck.

I listened to his recorded stuff with Ash, Simmons, etc.. reading the transcript he came across as a man deflecting, but golly gosh... in his words and voice , the scramble he is having in getting his mind on the business of being a worried husband has rendered him very nearly incoherent.. no wonder those coppers were deeply suspicious almost instantly. He just cannot utter an honest word...... it is beyond him, completely. That's how it is.

The tone of voice the coppers were using was so transparent, too.. they were going to pin him down no matter how much he wriggled and writhed..

Glad you are back, your posts do actually make me laugh out loud, you have GBC totally sussed, I always enjoy your posts, and your thoughts on GBC mirror mine exactly.

I have no doubt whatsoever that GBC is guilty, but can't say I'm confident of a conviction at this point, juries are very unpredictable, some seem to almost need a video of the actual killing before they will convict.
We want a smoking gun urgently.

how long would it have taken for Allison to drive from home to meet Kate at the office?

GBC said Allison was planning on leaving home at 7am to meet Kate in the office at 8am.

Why would GBC ring Kate at 7:09am?

Gerard Baden-Clay's triple-0 call to police was heard for the first time. His called police about 7.15am on April 20, 2012, to report his wife missing, saying she had gone for a morning walk but not returned.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-5-week-2-20140617-3a9wj.html#ixzz35Aij6R2n

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION

I'd say guilty....he was cruel and mean but something bothers me....did he have the guts to actually do it ?
He always seemed to be cowardly in the way he dominated and took advantage of the weak but he was a bit of a wuss, blubbering et al.
Did he try and mess up and get dad/sister to finish it off ? (with a thousand explanations to them blaming Allison etc)
I think they were ALL in on it !

I have a problem with him acting alone too - being strong enough emotionally and physically to be a solitary figure in this crime. He is not a leader (although he maybe controlling, arrogant and pushy) - he seems to be a follower.
Its just my thought, but I do get the impression he may have done this on someone else's go-ahead - with them saying they would help & cover his back. Everything was about to pinnacle - everything seemed to look as if it would work out alright, but as we know it did not. The plan had holes in it. So who else is GBC covering for - I think it is someone who has some power over him - and he wouldn't dare incriminate. Family.

Another point I think about...
... if the reply to the officer from OW was that GBC had told his girls that their mother was in a hole - was that a part of the plan that didn't eventuate? ABC was found in a very exposed place. I wonder if a hole was dug somewhere.

Another thought - is that creek tidal?

Was there a vacant property or a property for sale along the creek at the time?

And another thought - the chest graze through clothing could also be from hanging the top of his body over a railing - or leaning against a railing while lowering or balancing a weight.

OK - enough thinking.

Thanks Marly, I found it! He called OW at 6.55 and 7:06 then at 7:11

At that time of the morning, it takes between 15-20 minutes to drive to the Century21 office in Taringa. Maybe 25 minutes if traffic is REALLY heavy.

But just getting back to those screams and who heard what and when...

I still have serious doubts about our MP friend and his claim to have heard the "blood-curdling screams" around 11pm or just before.

I know I've posted this before, but I just find it REALLY odd that the one person - the only person - who lives in that direction from the BC house and a good 1.5-2Km away, is the ONLY person who hears that. And it just happens to be:

1. Somebody who knows GBC via both property dealings and via the Chamber of Commerce

2. Somebody who has just knocked GBC back for a $300,000 loan

3. Somebody who then lends GBC a phone

I'm just not a great believer in coincidences......

Are there witnesses who live in Durness Street (nbcs address) who will be taking the stand, or did I dream that?

At that time of the morning, it takes between 15-20 minutes to drive to the Century21 office in Taringa. Maybe 25 minutes if traffic is REALLY heavy.

But just getting back to those screams and who heard what and when...

I still have serious doubts about our MP friend and his claim to have heard the "blood-curdling screams" around 11pm or just before.

I know I've posted this before, but I just find it REALLY odd that the one person - the only person - who lives in that direction from the BC house and a good 1.5-2Km away, is the ONLY person who hears that. And it just happens to be:

1. Somebody who knows GBC via both property dealings and via the Chamber of Commerce

2. Somebody who has just knocked GBC back for a $300,000 loan

3. Somebody who then lends GBC a phone

I'm just not a great believer in coincidences......

I am with you Doc

Flegg in his statement says he considers GBC a friend BUT ONLY through the Chamber of Commerce.
What does that mean?

Allison was taciturn and reserved and not well at the hairdresser.
Allison the next morning had to attend an real estate event and had to look good (knowing most of the other participants probably would be informed about "ex"-mistress).

In a bad mood and with fresh hairdone Allison wouldn't consider to do a walk.

Arguement or not, around 11pm there is a terrible scream (Flegg). The murder takes place.
Allison dead or severe injured, GBC wraps her body into some sort of tarp. This tarp was perhaps stored in the open carport (4 diff. traces of plants).
GBC loads the wrapped body in the rearward car during which he pushes Allison's head (blood, hair in the car).
At Kholo Creek bridge or in the vicinity GBC unloads the body and fixes some straps. The straps GBC leads on his left neck side towards his right armpit (abrasions to neck, chest and near armpit). With his hands GBC holds under the belt to not cutting his skin through fabric (therefore bruising marks from hand knuckles).
GBC pulls this load (the wrapped body), perhaps abseils the body meter by meter.
Then the body is deposited under the bridge and has to be unwrapped, where the body rolls in the sleeping position.
Finally GBC needs help to dispose the tarp, the straps, his muddy clothing and shoes (cars, door clapping, voices at Kholo).
IMO IMO IMO
That's my version - today.

Okay I can't seem to shorten the quote but I want to address the emotion that Allison exhibited at the hairdresser. I personally would be mortified to be back at a place for the third time to get something right knowing that you can't pay and go somewhere else because of funds or lack thereof. I think that she was stuck between a rock and a hard place between getting her hair right and not being able to cut her losses and go somewhere new and pay to get it right.

Hillsdon, the information about the iPhone is in the committal hearing documents also located here on Websleuths. Hope that helps. Not making any of this up.

Yes thank you. However those that don't believe he did it suggest that ABC could have recharged the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125