GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was this Ladybird - I must have missed it? Was she the second late witness yesterday?

Anne Marie Rhodes was the witness who heard the screams, a thud, wheels screeching, followed later by screams, thuds and wheels screeching.
Even if Ms Apps and Flegg's accounts have nothing to do with Allison and her disappearance, Anne Marie Rhodes who was a witness yesterday, has a very distinct account (yet to be deciphered here). Lots of things were said yesterday, but this account has not been given due credit IMO. Two lots of thuds? Mixed with car tyres screeching? At the same time as screams?

Does anyone know what time ABC's phone was triangulated to "out the back" ?

How many days was the house a crime scene does anyone remember?

I think he said he (Flegg) heard a scream (whether he did or not) and it is not related to Sue as she said she didn't hear it.

Thanks Kiwi but did you hear this 'disturbing blood curdling scream' however, as a close neighbour at the same time??????????

Please can anyone advise as to the audio of the QPS interview with G? Have read the transcript with all the umms and ahs etc but I understand (I think) that it can be heard now? Reading the transcript, reminds me of a seriously sleep deprived person, speaking in auto mode. That version alone is enough IMO to incriminate him.

I drove to Brookfield today as I was checking out Indooroopily Shooping Centre so I thought, hey it's just up the road. The last time I went there I saw police forensics there and NBC taking stuff from the house.

There are workmen all over the house site, it looks like they are doing landscaping. The house looks much nicer and it's a lovely yellow. Allison would like it I think. I think the Brookfield locals would like it too.

I then drove to Kholo and the whole way, all 14 Kms of it, I was thinking the jurors are going to be driven this route on Monday and I believe they will have no doubt at all that Allison would not have walked there. She had to get there by car. It's such a long way and she would have been seen.

I think the prosecution are building their case against GBC very well but I would be more comfortable if they present evidence of GBC or their cars on the road that night or early hours to clinch a guilty verdict.

Re Rolf Harris, I think he is guilty and his daughter knows it!

Thanks Kiwi but did you hear this 'disturbing blood curdling scream' however, as a close neighbour at the same time??????????

I heard nothing. My bedroom was at the front of the house on a diagonal(more or less) with the BC house about 500m away my guess.

I just remembered something I read in the Heather Elvis thread, and I think it possibly came up in the Casey Anthony case as well? Anyway, people were saying when you die something happens to your hair and under a microscope you can see a 'band' or 'ring' near the root.

Does anyone know if this is true or not??

If so, it would mean that forensics might be able to prove Allison was deceased when the hair/blood was transferred to the car. And it could also explain how the police knew she was killed before being transported to the bridge (interference with a corpse charge).

Apologies if this has already been discussed and debunked. I've only started following Allison's case this year so likely have missed a lot of information...

I just remembered something I read in the Heather Elvis thread (and I think it possibly came up in the Casey Anthony case as well?). Anyway, people were saying when you die something happens to your hair and under a microscope you can see a 'band' or 'ring' near the root.

If so, it would mean that forensics might be able to prove Allison was deceased when the hair/blood was transferred to the car. And it could also explain how the police knew she was killed before being transported to the bridge (interference with a corpse charge).

Apologies if this has already been discussed and debunked. I've only started following Allison's case this year so likely have missed a lot of information...

Root banding. A way to date the death from having the hair from memory.

New theory - supposing Allison changed out of her PJs to use the treadmill that evening, "done" hair notwithstanding? We know from the newspaper reports that GBC was unhappy about the treadmill purchase, so maybe her treadmill usage sparked a row and he either caused her to fall on the treadmill, or she lost focus due to the row and fell of her own accord? This might explain the chipped tooth and the shin injury. I guess there's a few ways things could have gone from there..

Anne Marie Rhodes was the witness who heard the screams, a thud, wheels screeching, followed later by screams, thuds and wheels screeching.
Even if Ms Apps and Flegg's accounts have nothing to do with Allison and her disappearance, Anne Marie Rhodes who was a witness yesterday, has a very distinct account (yet to be deciphered here). Lots of things were said yesterday, but this account has not been given due credit IMO. Two lots of thuds? Mixed with car tyres screeching? At the same time as screams?

Thanks LB, I do remember this witness, just got thrown as she wasn't on yesterday, she was on last week (correct me if I'm wrong!) :loveyou:

"Dr George said Mr Baden-Clay also mentioned “severe financial stresses” were impacting the marriage, because property sales at his real estate agency were “few and far between”.

He said Mr Baden-Clay had been frustrated by his wife’s purchase of an expensive treadmill during the financially difficult period."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...arate-lives-20140619-zsfib.html#ixzz35B7eoUOB

This has probably been discussed before, but on ABC's telephone records, the Internet session that started at 06:31 on the 20th (and ran for 13hrs:46min - i.e. late into the evening of the 20th) originated at Fig Tree Pocket, not at Brookfield. While the phone may have been triangulated to out the back of the BC residence at ~1pm, doesn't this suggest that the phone was actually close to Fig Tree Pocket at 06:31 on that morning?

I'm inclined to think that the "pyjamas" Allison was wearing (as described by one of the girls) was probably actually the oversized trackies and jumper she was found in - I have similar comfy attire and I reckon my kids would call them my pjs if I was lounging in front of the telly wearing them of a night time. Just thoughts....

I just want to play devil;s advocate here, I just read about changing Allison into her walking clothes and I thought of how hard it is to dress a body, as you can understand they flop around and it really is a job for two. That got me thinking perhaps Allison wasn't killed on the 19th but on the 20th. If you consider how cool someone would have to be having just murdered their wife, to change her into clothes for walking, not panicing and in a house with three sleeping children, taking the time to do this , realising also that it will be your story, it doesn't seem like GBC. I am wondering did Allison wake early for her walk and a discussion turned into an argument about the day ahead, and Allison was murdered. She was already dressed in her walking clothes so that story came to mind easily. I am sure a lot of evidence that will dispute this but, the whole idea of dressing a corpse by yourself is not easy to imagine. It may explain the bigger clothes though, they would be easier to get on.

I don't know why but I feel we are missing something, I think we should explore outside the boundary of what we have come to accept. Night Night everyone

I'm inclined to think that the "pyjamas" Allison was wearing (as described by one of the girls) was probably actually the oversized trackies and jumper she was found in - I have similar comfy attire and I reckon my kids would call them my pjs if I was lounging in front of the telly wearing them of a night time. Just thoughts....

Nods. So she slept in them then went walking in them too? Do people do that? Genuine question, I'm no being a smart *advertiser censored***.

I just remembered something I read in the Heather Elvis thread, and I think it possibly came up in the Casey Anthony case as well? Anyway, people were saying when you die something happens to your hair and under a microscope you can see a 'band' or 'ring' near the root.

There was quite a bit of discussion in older threads about post mortem "hair banding"

Taphonomy of hair--a study of postmortem root banding.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23013230

Postmortem microscopic changes observed at the human head hair proximal end

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11210902

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

I'm Allison sized - 170cm and 72kg - and my husband's opinion was that it would be difficult but not impossible to change clothes on an inert body of that size. However, GBC would have to know the right clothes to put on the body, and men usually fall at this hurdle ie there'd have been something odd about the supposed jogging outfit - even though he knew about Lorna Jane leggings.

I just want to play devil;s advocate here, I just read about changing Allison into her walking clothes and I thought of how hard it is to dress a body, as you can understand they flop around and it really is a job for two. That got me thinking perhaps Allison wasn't killed on the 19th but on the 20th. If you consider how cool someone would have to be having just murdered their wife, to change her into clothes for walking, not panicing and in a house with three sleeping children, taking the time to do this , realising also that it will be your story, it doesn't seem like GBC. I am wondering did Allison wake early for her walk and a discussion turned into an argument about the day ahead, and Allison was murdered. She was already dressed in her walking clothes so that story came to mind easily. I am sure a lot of evidence that will dispute this but, the whole idea of dressing a corpse by yourself is not easy to imagine. It may explain the bigger clothes though, they would be easier to get on.

I don't know why but I feel we are missing something, I think we should explore outside the boundary of what we have come to accept. Night Night everyone
Hi Spratsmum,
Not that hard to dress or undress an unconscious or deceased person. You just do it limb by limb. And roll when required. Ask any nurse!
A nurse or ex nurse and probably any night shift worker would also recognise those umms and Ahs and long pauses that emanate from the mouth of one who has had no sleep all night. Equals sleep deprivation big time.
Can't imagine what words might come forth, if there were lies to contend with as wel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong