GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly my English isn't well (only secondary school, 55 years ago, rarely used, 1 -in words one- vacation in foreign countries, Greece). Unfortunately nobody is controlling me. But I try hard to learn more with you on thread; it's profitably for my brain and I enjoy it very much. In reading on thread and newspaper articles (online) and so on I have made great progress! :blushing:

By chance I found Websleuths (without searching a thing like that) and there the case Oscar Pistorius, then other cases. So here I am and you poor English speaking fellows have to cope with that. Is that okay?

I have no interest in a German forum. Perhaps someday, but I think rather not. Now I loooove English and try to do better and try to learn more technical things on my laptop. Before Websleuths I didn't know much (only office programs because of my ex-job, now pensioner).

For Allison I have the utmost compassion and also for her 3 regrettable girls and parents.
As I said a post before: I'm waiting for a fair punishment for the vile deed.

P.S. My English teacher was Frl. Trübe. :smile:

You certainly remember much more of your high school English than I remember of my high school German ;)

You are not hard to understand at all ;)

Hello All

This time around I promised myself I would only 'read' and not 'participate' in the forum....but bloody hell, can't help myself. I even made myself unavailable for work the other night, just so I could 'catch up' (but then again...a few hundred bucks down the drain is a lot cheaper than flying up to Brissie to attend the trial...aahhh...there....I've justified it to myself!!)

I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts, as well as ask a few questions if I may.

Although I have cared very much about what happened to Allison and her family and the girls particularly, I have never felt as close to, or identified with Allison as I have during this trial. Despite the efforts of some witnesses to portray her as not coping and crippled with 'illness'....I see her completely differently. What a gutsy dame she was, with her only great fault being she loved and tried to hang onto the wrong man (and who amongst us hasn't been guilty of THAT?! The man I loved most in the world was the most unsuitable.....but not a 'bad' man like you know who!)

Firstly those panic attacks. I too, have suffered from panic disorder my whole life (though not anxious generally speaking) and my first panic attack as an adult was in the car....where I thought I was dying, not knowing what was happening to me. You foreverafter, as someone mentioned also happened to them, are afraid to drive. I couldn't go anywhere without a bottle of brandy under the seat (and I won't tell you how many years that went on for!) But Allison got on top of it and over it and soldiered on. As she did with her depression. She didn't waste any time when she felt unwell, she got the professional help she needed and knew worked for her. (Posthumous high five Allison!)

Just on the subject of health professionals and medication for what ails you from a mental/emotional health perspective, and a few comments where folk felt it was a shame the 'problems' weren't addressed before resorting to chemical assistance.....I feel the opposite. When you are 'unwell' (eg. anxious/having panic attacks/depressed etc) you are not in the best place to work on what has caused you to be that way (and of course sometimes it's endogenous, and not due to external factors at all!) If you get a person well with medication, hopefully in just a few weeks, then you're much better able to explore and tackle what might have brought you to the difficult place you're in. Can't take credit for that particular idea - a psychiatrist said it to me, and it made a lot of sense (the rest of his blather was unremarkable however....he only wanted to know about my sex life!! Had I had the confidence in my 20s that I have now, I would have reported him....or written a letter.....or something! Dirty old bugger it was......makes me think of Rolf Harris and people getting away with the unacceptable because of their 'position'....but I digress.)

There are lots of things that have been revealed about Allison that mean I respect her very much as a person, and if I list them all it'll be an essay, but another thing I felt was extremely brave and showed courage and character and tenacity, was going to work at C21 with 'him' after TM had left. What must THAT have taken? For someone who didn't like to air her dirty laundry in public, to step into that office and fill the shoes of someone who'd been doing the unmentionable with her husband AND everyone knowing it, it was a HUGELY gutsy effort. And she didn't just tiptoe in, she gave it her all with meetings and conferences and being proactive in finding ways to make the business a success....I guess she wasn't to know the boat was already sinking, if not sunk (where's that flogging a dead horse icon when I need it?!)

As I've read everything on the forum up to the committal, and now since the trial has started, I wanted to ask two things:

<modsnip>
With regard to the manner in which Allison was taken to the bridge....I am sure that it was mentioned somewhere (recently) that the police had been taking DNA samples from snapped twigs/foliage/shrubs at Kholo....so this would seem to suggest that there might be some evidence of her being dragged or carried down to the creek, and where this occurred. I would think all that rain would have taken away any DNA, but am sure I read this.....and didn't dream it!

Lastly, how is GBC paying for all this top notch legal representation? Does anyone know? I remember that one of his legal team was a writer and it was speculated that he was taking GBC on on the priviso that he be allowed to use the case info to publish something about it in the future. Ring any bells anyone?

Fantastic musings this morning on the events surrounding the phone calls and what might or might not have transpired. Trooper, you should write that book! It will certainly be a movie sometime in the future. I wonder how clever the jury are? Do the legal team make sure they select people who can nut things out in this manner? Or do they prefer those to whom it must be spelled out. Hopefully all will be clear ultimately....and there will be no need of anyone to 'join the dots'. Go PT!!

So any forensic evidence would be obscured by time and the elements?

Maybe a random stranger had an accident with Allison whilst she was out walking. They stopped, checked and found she had a knock on the head. Person not interested in taking her jewelry, just wanted to get rid of the evidence over a bridge.

About as unlikely as a gouging your face with a blunt razor.
Does not explain her blood and bleached hair in her car though.

I think the circumstantial evidence is quite compelling, but I do hope the PT use more evidence from the two bail hearings.
I know there is much more to come including the roundabout.

IMO
I don't know Whitechapel, I think we are crediting GBC with a lot more foresight and knowledge then he actually has, the more I think about it, the less clear it all becomes.

....one more thing. I also remember that the police searched NBC's house and SHED! What might have been in there? Ropes? Tools? Or maybe just things they might have hidden there, like computers etc.?

That's what I've been wondering too.
Was there anything missing from the home that could have been used to move a body, ie a rug or a tarp etc ?
Allison's Mother noticed the walking into the future picture was gone. Did that ever turn up anywhere ? Was she asked to look through the house to see if anything else was gone that she remembered being there ?
Were the children asked if anything was missing ? Like clothes , footwear etc that belonged to either mum or dad that were not seen after that time.
Like that shirt of dad's he always wore at home....

If I remember correctly, media reported in the very early days that police were searching supermarket dumps in Bellbowrie and Kenmore. They didn't say what they were searching for. This was when I first thought that police must suspect foul play. Why do that in a missing persons case, especially early on?

Lastly, how is GBC paying for all this top notch legal representation? Does anyone know? I remember that one of his legal team was a writer and it was speculated that he was taking GBC on on the priviso that he be allowed to use the case info to publish something about it in the future. Ring any bells anyone?

As far as I'm aware, he is on Legal Aid - in other words, we're all paying for his defence. And the lawyer you refer to - the one who has written a book or two - is Chris Nyst. He went to see GBC in jail (as did Michael Bosscher), presumably to try and get on his legal team, but failed. Neither of those is on his team. I think they call that "ambulance chasing" - and it was that at its worst and most blatant, it would appear.

Just re your point about the DNA off broken twigs etc. Yes, the heavy rain would almost certainly have washed away anything, but swabbing that stuff had to be done as part of the thorough crime scene examination. But there have been no reports of any results having been found, and no mention of that was made in the prosecution's opening address where the case was outlined.

Certainly my English isn't well (only secondary school, 55 years ago, rarely used, 1 -in words one- vacation in foreign countries, Greece). Unfortunately nobody is controlling me. But I try hard to learn more with you on thread; it's profitably for my brain and I enjoy it very much. In reading on thread and newspaper articles (online) and so on I have made great progress! :blushing:

Du machst das super -you're doing great! :loveyou:

If I remember correctly, media reported in the very early days that police were searching supermarket dumps in Bellbowrie and Kenmore. They didn't say what they were searching for. This was when I first thought that police must suspect foul play. Why do that in a missing persons case, especially early on?

It wasn't just a missing person case, as far as the police were concerned - it was a dodgy foul play case right from the get-go. As soon as Const Kieron Ash spotted those scratch marks and called the detectives (great police instincts right there), it was being treated as a crime. Hence the searching of the rubbish skips etc. And the infra red camera-equipped helicopters buzzing over our houses at night. It was full on and then some. Most definitely was not a "regular" missing person search.

Another phone, thrown away somewhere? I know with prepaids, ID such as driver's licence is required but is there a way to search to find out if someone owned one rather than having the number and asking the telephone company who it belongs to? Potentially it could be in someone else's name too.

I think the police would be able to find out if he had prepaid phone(s) - I remember in the case of Herman Rockefeller (murdered by some swingers) didn't they find out he had a few prepaids and that may have been how they tracked down the killers from memory.

Copied text from Sue Heath's statement...

26. I believe it was the Sunday after Allison disappeared.

27. Bruce told me that the police had taken his mobile telephone away and he couldn't do his work. Bruce and I spoke to each other about how terrible it is when you don't have the phone.

28. He said the media were around and that they had trouble and couldn't get out of the house and asked me to drop around a newspaper to them Bruce told me the address at the time.................

30. I left Bruce's residence at Brookfield, collected the Monday Courier Mail newspaper and coffee from the "Local Bean" Coffee Shop at Kenmore and went to Gerard's parents place. I gave them the newspaper and coffee and the mobile telephone......................
I worried about giving Gerard the mobile phone as I had not asked Bruce at the time. I now am sorry I had given Gerard the mobile phone and inconvenienced Bruce by involving him in this.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

I have to say in my opinion only, I can't imagine SH giving GBC that phone without Bruce knowing. Bruce would have known IMO. Just my gut feeling that I know would not stand up in a court of law :)

Hi angelalansbury & welcome to Websleuths....you've made some great points.

Just to clarify the facetime call. There was a glitch in the tests & eventually found that call didn't take place.

12th Mar 2013

Brisbane Magistrates Court heard Mr Robertson swore an affidavit during a bail application that Baden-Clay made a FaceTime call at 2.30am on April 20, a few hours before he reported Allison missing.

But Mr Robertson, who has worked within the Queensland Police Service computer investigation section for about 4.5 years, later realised the 3GS was an older model iPhone without the capacity to use FaceTime technology.

"An iPhone 3GS is not capable of making FaceTime calls, so the whole thing is just wrong?" Mr Davis asked.

Mr Robertson said he checked with the data extracting software manufacturer who admitted there was a glitch with the program and cross-checked the data with two other programs.

"It was simply a false positive with the software," he said.

"That's why we use a variety of tools."

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...lls-court-two-blood-curdling-screams/1788254/
Was Allison's phone also an iPhone 3 or an iPhone 4? What if he had switched SIM cards around and it wasn't an actual false positive? We probably will never know. Allison's phone would tell the real story IMOO.

I have to say in my opinion only, I can't imagine SH giving GBC that phone without Bruce knowing. Bruce would have known IMO. Just my gut feeling that I know would not stand up in a court of law :)

Your gut feeling is spot on....of course he knew....SH fell on the sword for him..good lord, how pathetic.:banghead:

Is this Sue Heath armed with coffee and yellow iPhone getting out of a yellow car at nigeleine's at 1.19 in this vid? If so, was Sue Heath there during the raid?
Who tipped off the media to say a raid was happening. Seven & ten were there at least.

TEN news
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7DCfHa6YFU[/ame]

In this vid at 0:40 GBC in OW's car has a phone but it's not an iPhone.

SEVEN7 news
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7DCfHa6YFU[/ame]

Is this Sue Heath armed with coffee and yellow iPhone getting out of a yellow car at nigeleine's at 1.19 in this vid? If so, was Sue Heath there during the raid?
Who tipped off the media to say a raid was happening. Seven & ten were there at least.

TEN news
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7DCfHa6YFU

Oh my goodness, that brings it all back........no wonder we were suspicious straight away..........:tantrum:

So there is no way the police can trace landline calls with all their super dooper technology? I was hoping they could :please:

They are not itemised on our bills but I am sure telstra etc have records.

Im so curious to know what GBCs days are like in jail, do they work?
are they allowed to have computers, internet, TV?
Has he made friends and is he in a cell?
Does he share?
etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members