GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUICK, someone in Anstead let a dog out !
I hope I don't sound disrespectful. I meant I hope that the jury have a few minutes in silence so they could hear how far sounds travel. I feel sad too possum.

I strangely feel quite emotional knowing they are looking at the bridge, because in my mind it is totally contemptous that Allison was placed there ... on the way back to Ipswich where she came from. The juxtaposition of Little Ugly Creek – it is just so disrespectful. I spent many a quiet pause at the bridge travelling back and forth in 2012, silently apologising to Allison that she was left there, alone, for all those days with her girls and family weeping for her return and so many people looking, worried that she might be cold, injured or lost. I hope the gravity of this is not lost on the jurors. How could it be? I would dispose of a food wrapper with more respect.

Incredibly sad isn't it possum! This is the reality & gravity of it all. I don't think any of that will be lost on the jurors.

How heartbreaking it would have been for Allison's parents to visit there after her body was discovered. :(

Sunflower tears....

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Ohhh Possum, you are correct...it's so bloody sad and pointless.
He should be made to be there, why why does he have so much choice, its not fair.

:please:

I think it may have been quite prejudicial to the accused if he attended the site viewings. He would surely have some reaction or awkward body language which would be seen by judge and jury members. Best he is not there from all aspects of the situation. JMO

Incredibly sad isn't it possum! This is the reality & gravity of it all. I don't think any of that will be lost on the jurors.

How heartbreaking it would have been for Allison's parents to visit there after her body was discovered. :(

Sunflower tears....

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

That is the most glorious photo....thankyou :loveyou:

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 14m

Jurors have now left Kholo Creek and will be on their way to #badenclay Brookfield home. @9NewsBrisbane @9NewsAUS

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

#badenclay jury spent about 40 minutes at Kholo Creek bridge, now driving streets of Brookfield where screams were heard @couriermail

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s

Jury bus arrives at 593 Brookfield Rd, former home of Allison and Gerard #badenclay @couriermail

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 52s

Jury bus arrives outside former #badenclay home at Brookfield. @abcnews pic.twitter.com/B2jtVHSOtH

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

The jury has arrived at the house. There's been quite a lot of building/renovation work done here. #badenclay pic.twitter.com/PBLArjDauw

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 39s

The jury is now viewing the former #badenclay family home in Brookfield. Looking at the carport. @7NewsBrisbane

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 34s

Going live at the #badenclay's former Brookfield home in the @NewsTalk4BC midday bulletin, where jurors are attending for a site view

I topped up the flowers at Kholo creek yesterday knowing the jury would be visiting. It's such a long time since I have been there. The memorial is lovely.

Ohhh Possum, you are correct...it's so bloody sad and pointless.
He should be made to be there, why why does he have so much choice, its not fair.

:please:

I think it would be extraordinarily intimidating and distracting for the jury if he was there.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m

The jury is looking through the house and exploring the carport area. #badenclay

3hours ago

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 3h

Handwritten notes have been removed at Allison #badenclay 's Kholo Ck memorial ahead of jury visit. @7NewsBrisbane pic.twitter.com/HWr4BPYVqA

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou

Jury appears to be looking at the area where the bank drops down towards the creek. #badenclay

I wonder if the prosecution is allowed to tell them what the police think happened while they are there looking at the area - or do they have to stay quiet and let the jury take it all in and form their own view (this is probably a silly question)....

Re the XXL tracky/exercise pants. I am the same size as Allison -about 170cm and 72kg. This is post baby no 2 and I still fit into Medium clothes, some Small sizes. Pre baby no 2, was about 67kg and would wear a Small, sometimes a Medium. Even at my current heavier weight I would have trouble keeping up a Large size pair, let alone an XL and certainly not an XXL. They would be falling off before they stayed up. Also, I can't believe any woman who could normally wear a size S or M willingly choosing to buy or wear an XXL. Even when pregnant you can usually wear track/exercise pants maybe one size larger and wear them low, under your prego belly. I don't believe those pants belonged to Allison. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2