The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the Joint Account? and not the Business account? The loans were supposedly for the business.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Mr Christ says he was aware of Allison's depression. He said the families would occasionally go camping together. #badenclay

Why the Joint Account? and not the Business account? The loans were supposedly for the business.

the partners were not consulted .. it was a personal loan.. heh.. that's what friends are for..

probably Gerard settled it in his own mind, that it was a gift....

Coffee time.......

coffee_med.jpg

And hot chocolate...

Hot-Chocolate.jpg

And that Valium milkshake. :seeya:

“I’ve had a lifetime as a medical practitioner and I have had countless experiences with both death and reduces levels of consciousness due to injury, substances and anaesthesia … it was a single, reverse-crescendo in volume, tapering off and what I would describe as having an involuntary quality.

“The tone and the nature of the sounds was more … very strongly suggestive of a reduced level of consciousness, there’s a difference between people who might be screaming at each other from an argument for example, and somebody who lets out a sound when their conscious state is altered.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226964239691

Well then BF why didnt you call police?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Mr Christ says at times Allison would be "removed", at other times she was great. #badenclay http://bit.ly/UCqb1j

Mr Christ says she could be quiet and reclusive at times. #badenclay

Mr Christ says if he dropped the children off, she'd be at the door smiling and happy. Other times she'd not come out. #badenclay

Mr Christ: It was no big deal, that was Allison. #badenclay

Mr Christ says he never made a demand for repayment on the loan for $90K he gave Gerard. #badenclay

Mr Christ says they weren't terribly worried, "as long as we were getting interest". #badenclay

Is it just me, or do others find that many of the witnesses are not questioned as closely as one might hope for and expect?

11:53am: Like Mr Cheesman, Mr Christ said he has never demanded Mr Baden-Clay repay the $90,000 loan.

11:52am: Under cross-examination from Mr Baden-Clay's defence barrister Michael Byrne QC, Mr Christ said he was aware of Mrs Baden-Clay's struggle with depression and anxiety.

"Allison at times would be quite removed and other times she would be great," Mr Christ said.

"So she would be happy, extroverted?" Mr Byrne asked.

"Happy, I don't know about extroverted, but she was fun," Mr Christ replied.

11:50am: Court has resumed and Stuart Christ has returned to the witness box.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35W9tjDhR

I have a terrible terrible feeling he will be found not guilty . On evidence presented so far if I was on the jury I would not be convinced. I certainly hope the prosecution still have a bomb shell up their sleeves :(

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Mr Christ says there was risk involved in the loan "and we were happy to wear that risk up to a point". #badenclay

Mr Christ says it was an opportunity to help some friends and make some money in the process. #badenclay

It's interesting that GBC's friends seemingly held Allison's business skills in high regard - no mention of her being rendered helpless by depression as OW & NBC have described.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Mr Christ says the business had significant fixed costs that would take time to reduce. #badenclay

Mr Christ says Gerard needed to downsize vehicles "from a Lexus to a Captiva", cut staff and sublet part of the office space. #badenclay

I have a terrible terrible feeling he will be found not guilty . On evidence presented so far if I was on the jury I would not be convinced. I certainly hope the prosecution still have a bomb shell up their sleeves :(

Feeling a teeny bit the same way at the moment WWGY! :banghead:
:please:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s

Dr Flegg says he would be "extremely surprised" if the screams had come from so far away. #badenclay

Not a local and finding hard to put the screams supposedly heard into context.
Isn't the BC's home right near the show grounds? I'm confused that Dr Flegg could say the screams came from the direction of the showgrounds but then later said to defence that he would be very surprised if the screams came from the BC home?
Feel very doubtful about this testimony. It sounds like Dr Flegg and Sue Heath possibly by an 'extraordinary set of coincidences' found themselves inserted into this murder trial. Being asked to lend $400K (witness to the financial motives), hearing female screams on the night of the murder from the general direction, giving a secret phone to GBC in the days after the murder...
Weird also that Dr Flegg wouldn't know where GBC lives. It is a common question in chit chat when first meeting someone and they had known each other for a while.
Also wondering why the prosecution doesn't seem to go back to their witnesses for any clarification after the defence cross examination. They instead keep leaving the defence with the last word.

Early days!! :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 3m

Defence says loan to Gerard wasn't simply mate to mate, went through the books in detail. Mr Christ agrees #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 2m

Mr Christ: It was lending money I had, a chance to help some friends and make some money in the process #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57