The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>How did a body get dragged accumulating 6 species of plant life from the patio or surrounds and not create a drag mark? If on the patio it would have resulted in a trail where there were no undisturbed leaves that had come off the trees. If through the longish grass there would have been a crushed trail I would have thought. Just my 20c worth!

Funny you should say that. The first thing I looked for on the photos were signs that a body had been dragged. On the back patio there is a discernible path amongst the leaves, but not too clear. It wasn't until I realised that the images were taken 4 (FOUR!) days after her disappearance, that it hit me. Yes Lychee there are signs that something has been dragged but four days of wind and movement has softened the edges. My grass needs cutting again three days after it was last mowed, so I imagine grass or any other plants would maybe bend but would quickly (well within four days at least) recover.
Regardless, the fact that these plant materials were found entwined in Allison's hair, Allison's body having been left at Kholo Creek (where four of the species cannot be found) is in MOO highly incriminating, and, again IMOO, points clearly to him having had some assistance during the night. I have all faith that a jury (properly instructed) will see it that way too.

Wowsers, I spent all evening, and half the night (insomnia, lol) catching up- missed most of yesterday as I was busy.... Thanks to everyone for sharing all the tweets etc!!!
Bring on 10am, I have a feeling things are going to hot up a bit today!!!!! :)

The plant matter appears to be pinning down the scene of the attack. Let's hope there is something in the rest of the botanist's testimony to tie GBC to it.

Also I was reading the many posts re depression and suicide.

This is a very varied health issue. From personal experience with someone extremely close to me - it is entirely possible for a person with depression to be discussing the future at lunchtime and by tea time be feeling suicidal. It is also possible for them to spend a social afternoon with someone who isn't aware of their condition and display no outward signs of it.

Just my experience.

Morning all :)

The thing about the plant material, to me, is that while all of those species individually are fairly commonplace around Brookfield, it is the particular combination of all 6 species that places her at the BC house.

Finding 3 or 4 species, all together, would narrow the possibilities. Increasing the combination to 6 would make it pretty close to specific, I would think.

And of course, if the DNA profiles of the leaves can be matched to specific trees, then all bets are off. But I doubt that happened - it would have been mentioned by the prosecution, for sure - yet Dr Guymer is up for cross-examination today.

I just think that the odds of finding somewhere else that particular combination/permutation, all together in the one place, and all within the same small area (behind the carport) would be astronomical. Beyond doubt.....

And I think a couple on here may have missed the significance of the eucalypts on the garden boundary with the church next door - Dr Guymer said that there were dropped leaves covering a wide area (as they do). So the couple of posters who were trying to figure out how Allison got up near the boundary fence - she didn't. Those leaves would have been all over their back garden and paths.

I think Allison has been dragged out through the back patio of the house, then down the slope and into the car. Which car and which carport was it in that the car was backed in. It makes sense to back the car in an put her body in, quite easy to conceal in the bewitching hours.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned since the post from spratsmum...
I remember reading a post from one of the early threads that a passerby saw the Captiva in the driveway will all the doors open late that night.
Does anyone else remember this?

Sorry to seem dim but surely if two people were carrying the body you wouldn't accumulate the plant matter or at the very least you wouldn't brush past 6 species.

Maybe if one of them was elderly or a smallish woman?

I do believe we have forgotten the most important C word of all

CONVICTED of this dreadful crime.

Looking forward to a very exciting day of evidence.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned since the post from spratsmum...
I remember reading a post from one of the early threads that a passerby saw the Captiva in the driveway will all the doors open late that night.
Does anyone else remember this?

I remember this too. I am just not sure if it was fact or rumour though. We are unable to discuss rumours. Marlywings will know.

Hi all, in regards to no drag marks there was nothing to stop him, in his
tidying up, sweeping or raking where the marks were.

As a lighthearted aside... beginning to think this trial has been brought to us by the letter C as well as the number 12. (Which in itself is an anagram of C21 - Century 21).

Cats Claw Creeper
Chinese Elm
Chamber of Commerce
Carport
Captiva
Cheesman
Christ
Cranna

I do believe we have forgotten the most important C word of all

CONVICTED of this dreadful crime.

Looking forward to a very exciting day of evidence.

Adding everyone's suggestions to Camp Chair's list

Cats Claw Creeper
Chinese Elm
Chamber of Commerce
Carport
Captiva
Cheesman
Christ
Cranna
Crepe Myrtle
Caterpillar
Conference
Clay
Creek
Cups (and saucers)
Cops
Court
Convicted

Also I was reading the many posts re depression and suicide.

This is a very varied health issue. From personal experience with someone extremely close to me - it is entirely possible for a person with depression to be discussing the future at lunchtime and by tea time be feeling suicidal. It is also possible for them to spend a social afternoon with someone who isn't aware of their condition and display no outward signs of it.

Just my experience.

Depends upon the aetiology of the depression and who diagnosed it. It impacts each individual's functioning differently. We have doctors/experts who treated Allison directly and they have given their evidence before the Court. Allison was not suicidal.

Adding everyone's suggestions to Camp Chair's list

Cats Claw Creeper
Chinese Elm
Chamber of Commerce
Carport
Captiva
Cheesman
Christ
Cranna
Crepe Myrtle
Caterpillar
Conference
Clay
Creek
Cups (and saucers)
Cops
Court
Convicted

One more and you have C21!

Well, little 'Scraps' ( the neighbours dog) knew what was happening on the BC back patio that night didn't he? His evidence should be presented along with the leaf matter IMO.

Depends upon the aetiology of the depression and who diagnosed it. It impacts each individual's functioning differently. We have doctors/experts who treated Allison directly and they have given their evidence before the Court. Allison was not suicidal.

Sorry but I wasn't suggesting she was.

I was only relaying what I know to be possible as I have seen it.

I am not meaning to be rude.
In everyone's eagerness to rule out suicide here ( and I am not suggesting suicide happened at all) I am seeing many posts that may minimize the seriousness of this health condition for those who have no direct experience.

It is a life threatening illness for many.

Well, little 'Scraps' ( the neighbours dog) knew what was happening on the BC back patio that night didn't he? His evidence should be presented along with the leaf matter IMO.

I saw little Scraps yesterday morning. Little fella is still alive & well xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member