The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the internal iPhone database of GBC phone that shows where it was between the time it was off the charger and back on again? Could it be inadmissible for some reason?

Not sure which side this comes from as I haven't been here all day, but I think it's the defence, saying there is no case for murder, only unlawful killing. Judge discussing. Not supposed to report more, whether accredited media or not.

If they are saying unlawful killing then I guess at least that's basically admitting he killed her.
A win of sorts , but not as good as a murder charge.

hmmmmm ... sunflower tears ...

Attachments

• suntears.jpg
    suntears.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
Not sure which side this comes from as I haven't been here all day, but I think it's the defence, saying there is no case for murder, only unlawful killing. Judge discussing. Not supposed to report more, whether accredited media or not.

Could this mean they concede to having lost the case and looking for lesser charges? :please: jmo

if this is so, this is a major major twist..

Gerard is admitting he killed her..

There was more information / evidence given in the bail hearings. Why on earth is this not used in the trial ?

I am really angry now.

He'll walk. No jury would convict on that evidence presented.

I feel sick.

I thought the prosecution would have at least rehashed their case to the jury. Does this only happen in the movies ?

Alioop where are you ? We need you :please:

vomit that is so weak . maybe summing up will emphasise all this. if he walks there will be another investigation as to who did it , and what about interfering with a corpse charge , there was sweet FA

What does that mean? Manslaughter?

The leaves and the blood are the two key pieces of evidence IMO that point directly at GBC's guilt. All the defence team need to do is to present an explanation for each, to raise enough doubt in the jurors mind, to water down their significance.

Not feeling as confident about this as I was earlier.

Complete bombshell happening re judges comments on legal arguments with defence. Nothing new, but interesting to hear views of judge on it. Can't believe what is being said. I won't say as yet, because judge asked not to report.

.. I've only just logged back on..did I read right?.. that the Crown has rested their case? Is that ALL they have? I REALLY was expecting more. Wow, its hard to see it from a jury perspective and what they may be thinking, but I feel its not really as solid as I'd hoped.

How is it unlawful killing? & leaving a mother exposed to elements for 11 days under a bridge :-( OMG This is terrible

I wonder if it s unlawful killing AND interfering with a corpse.. or...

Does it mean that he is admitting killing her or does it mean there is no evidence for anyone murdering her.
I am not a lawyer but surely the prosecution could have presented a better case/more evidence.

WTH?! Feeling very underwhelmed here - and angry! All that time wasted on countless razor experts, when that one was obvious. Then they've skimmed over the rest. There really wasn't a sense of any hard lines of questioning either. Wondering if there could be some freemasons or Baden-Powell or LNP related pressure going on behind closed doors? JMHO.

The summing up better be brilliant otherwise this effort seems lame as.

The leaves and the blood are the two key pieces of evidence IMO that point directly at GBC's guilt. All the defence team need to do is to present an explanation for each, to raise enough doubt in the jurors mind, to water down their significance.

Not feeling as confident about this as I was earlier.

I bet the defence can't account for the blood and hair (GBC's explanation). jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members