The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what is going on.. I have a theory.. nothing more, and based on bugger all..

that Gerard is trying to cop a deal. a plea..

now.. wishful thinking on my part ?? about 50% of it is.. 50% of it is based on the circumstances now arising..

the thing is.. before the defence puts any witness on the stand, IF Gerard is to testify ,he has to go first.. so the decision has to be made now if he is going to do that.. He cannot go AFTER any of the defence witnesses...

Yep. If only he did it way back when and avoided dragging Allison's family through this whole nightmare for years.

Yes I think so too. They've not gone anywhere near where I thought they'd go but with just that alone it may very well be enough to convict this guy.

Thinking back on Max Sica there was very little if anything to show that he murdered the three Singh siblings.

He was found guilty.
max sica was found guilty on far less than what they have on GBC. I am not worried. it will be more of a matter what he is convicted of....

Sent using Tapatalk

I can only say that I feel the Judge is being very thorough in considering what is being said. Judge is considering every detail of what is being said by defence to ensure that jury will be given a chance to make up their own minds. Judge is being very diligent. I won't say more, we should be careful as MarlyWings said about discussing further. Be patient. We are Websleuths and we respect the court.

I think the judge will have to weigh up if there is a likelihood that the jury will find him guilty of murder (even premeditated). A plea of manslaughter this late into the trial won't get him much of a reduction.

Not sure which side this comes from as I haven't been here all day, but I think it's the defence, saying there is no case for murder, only unlawful killing. Judge discussing. Not supposed to report more, whether accredited media or not.

Maybe that's why brother came to town?

Don't care about the charge as long as he goes away. I would however like to find,out exactly,what happened that night.

Sometimes we never get to hear what exactly happened. Only the killer knows the whole true story.

the prosecution has to accept that plea, though. Gerard doing it is only half his problem.. .

somehow.. I don't think the prosecution will accept it.. not after 2 years and supreme court trial going on for this long.

True.....but can the prosecution really believe this is a strong enough case to get him for premeditated murder?

I don't know what is going on.. I have a theory.. nothing more, and based on bugger all..

that Gerard is trying to cop a deal. a plea..

now.. wishful thinking on my part ?? about 50% of it is.. 50% of it is based on the circumstances now arising..

the thing is.. before the defence puts any witness on the stand, IF Gerard is to testify ,he has to go first.. so the decision has to be made now if he is going to do that.. He cannot go AFTER any of the defence witnesses...

Well wont that be a sob story and a half....I bet he will claim he was depressed...

Poor Toni - if he is sent to jail she will have to fall in love with someone else......

Sometimes we never get to hear what exactly happened. Only the killer knows the whole true story.
if he pleads guilty wouldn't he have to tell them what happened??? given his Narcissistic nature I can't imagine he will pleas guilty....I hope I am wrong but what if they are saying the case needs dropping and that there is no case??? that would have been determined at pre trial wouldnt it??

I don't know what is happening but am wondering if GBCs counsel have advised him to take a plea. They might be afraid that the jury might be swayed by all the evidence showing what an immoral nasty man he is. I know the jury should ignore this but it would be very hard.

dead right louise , think they will say yes there was a fight and he choked her or whatever , panicked and called nbc and they disposed of body . so now nbc will face a charge , which wont worry big G as he has got off DAMN:banghead: has always been my thoughts and as posted previously I never thought it was premeditated

itsthevibe..I am hanging out to hear what is going on in there. Wonder when you will be able to tell.

Good time to thank you and the others for all the reports via twitter and from the court. Thanks:clap:

Yes, each Friday.

Thanks PrimeSuspect!

So it's possible that evidence that was already in the public domain (affidavits and other documents at bail hearings) and those to do with financials etc could have been disclosed in those sessions?

When a verdict is reached and after a sentence is handed down (if defendant guilty) are the transcripts or logs of those sessions published too?

Just curious.

Well wont that be a sob story and a half....I bet he will claim he was depressed...

But he can't.. He doesn't believe in depression. But I am sure he will find a way to blame someone else- namely maybe Allison..

True.....but can the prosecution really believe this is a strong enough case to get him for premeditated murder?

this is my belief... based on my own preferences, I admit, but also, based on the scrupulous and finicky preparation that the prosecution and the QPS went into about this case.. I believe the prosecution do believe and have acted accordingly to that belief that there is the strongest case for premeditated calculated murder..

Jurisprudence is an odd and peculiar thing, though.. . I take this on board..

but.. I still say.. the prosecution has every reason to believe they can take this to the wire.

Obviously, I believe the defence has every reason to believe they cant..

hence.. the discussion going on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member