The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone think he will be able to sway the jury with his best bumbling hugh grant impression and tears? probably been up all night practicing in front on his mirror!

As far as the Phone charger is concerned I hope that if in fact GBC decides to take the stand ( I have doubts though!) that he is asked the where abouts of Allison when he recharged the phone - it would of been impossible to not notice if she was in bed or still watching the television?

I am really disappointed with Prosecution and it is my opinion that they have breezed over some major issues. I am also troubled that the partners were never called or the forensic accountant. There were a lot of questions that should of been put to TM as well.

Sadly, I think he is going to get away with this and the repercussions of it for his children and Allison's family are going to be very tragic.

How can they possibly maintain a healthy relationship with their grandchildren whilst ever they still have to communicate with their father.

I hope my doubts are wrong and Justice is served.

PS. Like so many others I am still feeling left in the dark about so many initial enquiries from Police and also GBC's behaviour ie: the Round about , GBCs accident 2 days later, the chemist, the hospital admittance, the cars sighted near the bridge..... so many unanswered questions as to why they seemed relevant at the time and also the suspicious behaviour.

I think some of those unanswered questions will remain that forever. Some I think were maybe dismissed by police after further inquiries.

As for the phone charge question and where was Allison when he put the phone on the charger? SO far it has not been said it was actually him the put the phone on the charger. It was acknowledged that his phone was put on the charger at 1:18am(? sorry if thats not quite right time wise), but not who did this. It could be claimed Allison put the phone on the charger for him. So if he takes the stand, that could be asked.

Looking at it from a defence point of view, I'd have to think they would be silly to put him on. I think given all the ridiculous excuses and explanations he has given so far since Allison was first reported missing, I think he'd likely incriminate himself further! But then maybe he is so brazen to think he could get up there and fool them all- even against his teams advice...

He couldn't resist. He will think that his smarmy, little boy act will cut it with the jury. He thinks he an explain the blood in the car, the scratches everything. He is a (snipped by myself Marly..)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He loved those girls - Mr Byrne #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

Byrne says Gerard will tell jury he planned to stay with Allison, would do nothing to jeopardise his relationship with his daughters.

Byrne says Gerard will talk about Allison's jury. Questions crossed out where once she had asked and he'd answers. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s
He will tell you openly about his infidelities #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
He will tell you how they met, married, went through difficulties #badenclay

infidelities.. plural!!... .. how banal!!...

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
Jury watching intently as Michael Byrne speaks #badenclay @couriermail

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Byrne says Gerard will tell how he and Allison drove to Mt Cootha together to discuss the questions. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard will say the relationship was never one of raised voices or violence. #badenclay

Kristy Mayr ‏@KristyMayr7 1m

BREAKING: Accused wife-killer Gerard #BadenClay will give evidence, as murder trial continues in Brisbane Supreme Court..

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s
He will tell you in the discussion there was never any shouting, never any explosion. There was certainly stress #badenclay

This isn't going to work in his favour

Unfortunately I disagree :( The prosecution case was/is weak, so much so that the defence saw fit to make a no case submission. I must admit I did not expect GBC to give evidence but the fact that he is means the defence has something up their sleeve.

Cross examination by the Prosecution should prove quite enjoyable to the majority of us, I think.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s
Never any incident of domestic violence, it was not that kind of relationship - Mr Byrne #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Byrne says Gerard will say the relationship was never one of raised voices or violence. #badenclay

Byrne says when the affair was discovered, Allison called Gerard and said "we need to talk". #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304