The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 55s
Mr Byrne says #badenclay will tell jury he never really connected with Allison's family. @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s
He proposed, told her parents and they were warmly congratulated - Mr Byrne

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 27s

Byrne says Gerard proposed a year later. They started planning their life together, a lengthy overseas holiday. #badenclay

Byrne says it was supposed to be the journey of a lifetime before they had children. #badenclay

Byrne says they went to KL, Maldives, Western Europe. #badenclay

Byrne says they were both high achievers. They got jobs in London. #badenclay

Jo Wormald ‏@jowormald 43s

Baden-Clay defence evidence is time lapse photography of creek where body found. Shows large volumes of water and debris #badenclay #qldnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s

Byrne says they both gained volunteer positions at International Scouting Centre in Switzerland. Were very excited. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 53s

Barrister for #badenclay says a week after married in 97 they went OS for a "trip of a lifetime". Both high achievers. @9NewsBrisbane

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 29s
Mr Byrne: He did not kill his wife. #badenclay @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 38s
Byrne: He will tell you he certainly did not transport or carry his wife's body down the muddy slope to Kholo Creek. #badenclay @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 5s

Byrne says they worked there for the summer season before returning home to Brisbane. Then they left for South America. #badenclay

Byrne says they got advice on vaccines, including anti-malarial medication. #badenclay

It would appear that way. One thing is now certain, GBC has made no admissions to his legal team as to his involvement in Allison's death (for reasons that will be obvious to some but as this matter is ongoing, I will refrain from further comment at this stage).

I personally have a charger (for a wireless modem) that charges only intermittently. It could be plugged in and not charging for hours and all of a sudden it will seemingly burst to life and start charging. I don't know if this is a problem with the charger or the modem but it's possible there is an innocent explanation why GBC's phone started charging at that particular time.

As expected, a mental health professional will be called. Despite the excitement of GBC electing to give evidence, in my opinion this morning has brought the worst possible news for Allison's family and supporters :(
I am extremely excited as I believe that a cross examination of Gerred will open up the huge discrepancies in everything he said and everything he has done. I commend the prosecution on getting him to go on the stand.

Thinking of the Dickies and the girls.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Byrne says jury will see how plants, leaves could become lodged in her hair as she lay there. #badenclay

What - specific dna'd plant material from the driveway and patio at the house - down the gutter to the creek and into the hair and stuck to the arms :banghead:

well done , Danny Boyle.. it's not every prosecutor who can get a defendant on a murder charge to strut up onto the witness box..

Represent weakness to induce a bluff - Perfect poker.

I wouldn't want him at my table ;)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s
Toxicologist will talk about serotonin syndrome, which can result in confusion, agitation and delirium #badenclay

smh :shakehead:

And the face cuts were from the razor with no blood present. Yeah right!

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 37s

Jury now hearing about #badenclay 's coming home to Brisbane and then deciding to go on a trip to South America. @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 39s
They decided to go to South America. Attended a travel medical centre, had a choice of two drugs to prevent malaria #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Byrne says the doctor advised there were potential side effects. Only concerns people predisposed to mental health conditions. #badenclay

Byrne: Gerard will tell you that trip turned into ... an emotional roller coaster. #badenclay

I am extremely excited as I believe that a cross examination of Gerred will open up the huge discrepancies in everything he said and everything he has done. I commend the prosecution on getting him to go on the stand.

Thinking of the Dickies and the girls.

I sincerely hope you are right, however I cannot share your optimism.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 53s

Barrister for #badenclay says a week after married in 97 they went OS for a "trip of a lifetime". Both high achievers. @9NewsBrisbane

'both high achievers'

Hmmmm

12:02pm: Mr Byrne has revealed the experts to be called in defence of Mr Baden-Clay, including a forensic psychiatrist and forensic toxicologist.

He said the forensic psychiatrist would speak of the "known relationship" between depression and self-harm, as well as such events of "self-harm being in his experience commonly unexpected events and more often than not without the leaving of any message or note from the person involved

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-11-week-3-20140626-3aumz.html#ixzz35hsgusxX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member