UNSOLVED CA - Hamilton City, Skeletal Leg & Foot in Brahma boot, Sacramento River, Jun'14

zwiebel

Reaction score
'A State Fish and Wildlife warden and his son were kayaking on the Sacramento River near Hamilton City, Glenn Cnty, when they found what appeared to be human skeletal remains, officials said Tuesday.'

No information on gender or age of the remains yet, but they are not thought to be ancient Native American, which are often found in the area.

http://m.kcra.com/news/father-son-find-human-skeletal-remains-in-sac-river/26640518

Thank you Zwiebel! This isn't too terribly far from me (couple of hours) so I've been watching it. Thanks for opening a thread. I've been trying to check missing persons cases in the area and the only one I've found so far was Neal King in Oroville. Somehow I don't think it's him, but I'll be keeping an eye on any new news. I hope this brings answers to someone.

Sierra Lamar went missing about 3 hours away, just a thought

I tried to post this yesterday and couldn't get it to, so thanks! I'm glad someone has better skills than I.

In its nearly 40 years of its existence, Chico State's Human ID Lab, part of the Department of Anthropology, has made a name for itself across Northern California for playing a crucial role in both digging up remains, and fleshing out the identification process.

Now, during a very busy time, they've got one more complicated case.
A Glenn County Sheriff's Office Detective dropped off the human remains found over the weekend at Chico State's Human Identification Lab Wednesday

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/chico-state-human-id-lab-receives-human-remains-from-glenn-co-/

There was a missing mentally ill young adult woman in Sacramento area a couple of years back...I can't remember her name or if she was found, I'll try to google it and see if I can dredge up anything by the details I remember.

Edited to add: I googled it and the girl I was thinking of was Linnea Lomax, but she was found deceased. :(

I ran a screen for Females, Age 35-45, missing from Shasta, Tehama, and Butte Counties. (The Sacramento River runs through those counties upstream of Hamilton City)

I came up with two:

antone_bettina3.jpg
ruiz_grace.jpg

Bettina Antone and Grace Ruiz
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/antone_bettina.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ruiz_grace.html

ETA: The presumption that this was a 35-45 yo WhtFem is INCORRECT. The age, race and gender has still not been disclosed.

Susan, the petite retired graphic designer who disappeared from Raley's parking lot?

(That sentence could only exist her on WebSleuths....)

Susan, the petite retired graphic designer who disappeared from Raley's parking lot?

(That sentence could only exist her on WebSleuths....)

No kidding where else would you see that sentence?

I think you're talking about Susan Jacobson from Roseville, CA. I've followed her case pretty closely because she's so near where I live. I don't think it's her only because that would be a really long way to drive North just to dump her in a river when there are rivers close by. I think she also had a hip or knee replacement so they'd probably be able to see that, wouldn't they?

There was a missing mentally ill young adult woman in Sacramento area a couple of years back...I can't remember her name or if she was found, I'll try to google it and see if I can dredge up anything by the details I remember.

Edited to add: I googled it and the girl I was thinking of was Linnea Lomax, but she was found deceased. :(

She's the one who brought me here to WS. :(

I ran a screen for Females, Age 35-45, missing from Shasta, Tehama, and Butte Counties. (The Sacramento River runs through those counties upstream of Hamilton City)

I came up with two:

antone_bettina3.jpg
ruiz_grace.jpg

Bettina Antone and Grace Ruiz
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/antone_bettina.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ruiz_grace.html

ETA: The presumption that this was a 35-45 yo WhtFem is INCORRECT. The age, race and gender has still not been disclosed.

Good thoughts! I hope we hear enough new info soon to narrow it down more.

Someone mentioned Sierra Lamar. I'm not familiar with her case, was she North or South of this location? Not to be totally morbid but I assume whatever happened to bring this person here was probably upstream.

Sierra went missing from Morgan Hill, Santa Clara Cnty.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Sierra's case beyond her name. Did she go missing North or South of here?

Sierra was from San Jose area so south west about 4 hrs.

I hope it's not Patricia Tolhurst!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Sierra was from San Jose area so south west about 4 hrs.

I hope it's not Patricia Tolhurst!

Thanks AnjL. Seems unlikely it's Sierra unless she was driven for awhile.

As for Patty, oh man.. me too.

Just because of the river currents I think it had to be someone North of this location (which would seemingly rule out Sierra, Patty, and Susan ) but it's hard to know. Who is this missing woman? I hope someone is missing her.

Good thoughts! I hope we hear enough new info soon to narrow it down more.

Someone mentioned Sierra Lamar. I'm not familiar with her case, was she North or South of this location? Not to be totally morbid but I assume whatever happened to bring this person here was probably upstream.

Sierra disappeared from Morgan Hill, right? That's South West of Sacramento. This was North East. Several hours and a lot of hiding places and bodies of water from Morgan Hill.

Sierra disappeared from Morgan Hill, right? That's South West of Sacramento. This was North East. Several hours and a lot of hiding places and bodies of water from Morgan Hill.

I agree, it more likely Sierra is near Santa Cruz mountains than Sacramento area. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Hmmm, if it's not determined sex or age, there's also that mentally ill guy Jason Kyles who's been missing from Sacramento for quite some time and still not found yet.

Hmmm, if it's not determined sex or age, there's also that mentally ill guy Jason Kyles who's been missing from Sacramento for quite some time and still not found yet.

Oh wow wonder what happened to that info about it being narrowed down to female and a certain age range... weird that it was published and now considered not valid. I always thought it was odd it was only in one story though.

Anyway yes, if gender and age are now off the table, I think Jason's another possibility (sadly!). I wish they'd come out with more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back